The Post Office must be getting desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I filled out an address forwarding form online. Afterwards there was a page where they tried to sign me up for free catalogs. After that they tried to sign me up for free coupons. After that they tried to sell me magazines.

AndroidVageta

Banned
Mar 22, 2008
Advertising baby!!! I got a letter from the FBI asking if I wanted to buy old nuclear waste...talk about needing money!!!

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
They are desperate enough that they've been considering shutting down Saturday delivery and maybe even one other day of the week. Email and other forms of instant communication have taken the place of traditional mail.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
They are desperate enough that they've been considering shutting down Saturday delivery and maybe even one other day of the week. Email and other forms of instant communication have taken the place of traditional mail.

From what I've been hearing, they don't want to get rid of junk mail because its the only thing that keeps them going. I get 2 pieces of real mail a week and about 30-50 pieces of junk mail.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Can you imagine just how rich it would be for whomever originally invented the email if they decided to patent it and charge on a per email basis? :eek:

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005

Good, Saturday delivery is pointless IMO.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Good, Saturday delivery is pointless IMO.

I like Saturday delivery, but I'm not in love with it. I think that would be an excellent cost cutting move that wouldn't severely affect anybody's business or personal life.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
I like Saturday delivery, but I'm not in love with it. I think that would be an excellent cost cutting move that wouldn't severely affect anybody's business or personal life.

Hold your tongue!

Saturday delivery rocks. It is the primary reason I ship things I buy with USPS because they invariably just miss Friday's drop off.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
You'd think they'd jack up the bulk junk mail rates first and see how that goes...

cornbread

Jan 4, 2001
They do the advertising thing when you sign up to forward your mail with the paper forms as well. The postal service wouldn't be around right now as it is today if it weren't for junk mail, although I receive less and less junk mail and more and more junk email. I wish there were laws against making junk mail look like real mail. The postal service seems less secure than email, so I have all of my statements (the ones that allow it) to be sent via email to be viewed online not to save paper but so that some random person can't open my bills and see what I've been buying or who I've been calling. I still remember the old days with fidonet where it would take almost as long to send and receive an email back as it would to snail mail a letter. Ahhh those were the days. Far less spam

Status
Not open for further replies.