The politics of anti-vax'ers

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 10, 2005
uLTOe3C.png
Per capita consumption of cheese with number of people who died by becoming tangled in their bedsheets
JsMaHrX.png

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
The official advice in the UK on the topic:
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/tetanus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

But then, maybe different vaccines are in use with different dosages over time?

Very odd, it seems it is the same vaccine, but researchers in the two countries disagree over the vaccine effectiveness with the U.S saying it only last a few years.

Also we know that pertussis vaccine does wear off after a few years, but apparently their is issue with how effective a booster shot is, so the UK doesn't recommend it, leaving most adults with no protection against it. The U.S does recommend it, with the idea that some protection is better than none.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
It seems... reasonable to me... so whatever. At least until there is a credible causal link established by medical science that explains the rise in autoimmune disorders that refutes it i'd err on the side of caution personally.

You know what there is a credible causal link established between? The use of the measles vaccine and the rate of measles infection. If causal links are all you're concerned with, that seems like it should be a pretty big check in the "pro-vaccine" column.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
You know what there is a credible causal link established between? The use of the measles vaccine and the rate of measles infection. If causal links are all you're concerned with, that seems like it should be a pretty big check in the "pro-vaccine" column.

Thing is I've had MMR and so would my kid. You're just knee-jerk reacting because of what makes the rounds on the internet.

Thanks, Huffpo!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Very odd, it seems it is the same vaccine, but researchers in the two countries disagree over the vaccine effectiveness with the U.S saying it only last a few years.

The standard CDC recommendation is a booster every 10 years. That would be one dose of Tdap, but subsequent 10 year booters are just Td, no pertussis. There are situational exceptions of course.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
The standard CDC recommendation is a booster every 10 years. That would be one dose of Tdap, but subsequent 10 year booters are just Td, no pertussis. There are situational exceptions of course.

They recommend all pregnant woman get a Tdap vaccine each time, plus any adults around young children also get a Tdap with each booster shot. Healthcare workers should also get a Tdap with each booster shot instead of the td.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
They recommend all pregnant woman get a Tdap vaccine each time, plus any adults around young children also get a Tdap with each booster shot. Healthcare workers should also get a Tdap with each booster shot instead of the td.

Like I said there are special circumstances.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
Trying to stay on topic but on similar note. We should stop curing cancer.

Having cancer is a weakness of the body. Like that report is australia where all the badgers were dying from face cancer was found to be a good thing because they found out the blood type in them was all the same and just one big giant inbreeding festivity was going on so thus passing on the gene to accept cancer.
If we stop curing then humans over time will have a very strong immunity.

Dec 10, 2005

Having cancer is a weakness of the body. Like that report is australia where all the badgers were dying from face cancer was found to be a good thing because they found out the blood type in them was all the same and just one big giant inbreeding festivity was going on so thus passing on the gene to accept cancer.
This post, like many others stands as a testament to ignorance. Congratulations.
CiDTxjy.jpg

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
This post, like many others stands as a testament to ignorance. Congratulations.
CiDTxjy.jpg

No.

That just means we need to fund a study of cancer rates among families of incest VS families with zero history of incest and find which group has the least amount of cancer.

Bob the Coder

Dec 9, 2014
Thing is I've had MMR and so would my kid. You're just knee-jerk reacting because of what makes the rounds on the internet.

Thanks, Huffpo!

Then instead of trolling like a toolbag, why don't you state what your problem is in clear, concise terms? You seem to like to strongly insinuating one thing, and then when kicked into a corner and bitchslapped, you smokescreen with "I've been vaccinated stop assuming," which is usually completely irrelevant to the post you're addressing.

So shit or get off the pot.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

You volunteer for giving up all medical intervention in the future first.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
You volunteer for giving up all medical intervention in the future first.

At this point there's no rescuing this thread. We knew that all along, but it's long past the "stick a fork in it" point but people are about as clued in to medical science and biology as they are to ancient Sumerian.