The Political attack against women by the conservative right is mental illness

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I'm watching the Scottie's Tournament of Hearts right now
Women curlers are some of the overall hottest women out there
HARD. HARD. HARD
Them tight pants..perfect butts...the camera angles while sweeping..
Gawd...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I'm watching the Scottie's Tournament of Hearts right now
Women curlers are some of the overall hottest women out there
HARD. HARD. HARD
Them tight pants..perfect butts...the camera angles while sweeping..
Gawd...

I wonder if men people have developed this attraction to women recently or has it been there all along... I observe in old-ish paintings of women a lessor focus on the butt of a woman and more toward a plumpish overall ideal.
I also notice women must or may enjoy the attention while also poo poo-ing that attraction.... or at least the attention men give the woman's butt... Quite interesting.

The 'hot' women of movies in the 40's and '50's seemed more hippish and full bodied than those of today... what has changed?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I wonder if men people have developed this attraction to women recently or has it been there all along... I observe in old-ish paintings of women a lessor focus on the butt of a woman and more toward a plumpish overall ideal.
I also notice women must or may enjoy the attention while also poo poo-ing that attraction.... or at least the attention men give the woman's butt... Quite interesting.

The 'hot' women of movies in the 40's and '50's seemed more hippish and full bodied than those of today... what has changed?

We were watching some talk show yesterday and some famous model was on there.
I commented she looked like a crackhead Justin bieber

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
If you guys don't like what Moonbeam is posting, don't respond to the thread. Duh. He knows you guys too well and you fall for it every time. I suppose this is what keeps P&N alive: people who feel the need to defend every little thing they believe. Who cares if he supposedly thinks conservatives have brain defects? If anything, your constant replies to these type of threads are proof of some type of defect.

What about all of those time Moonbeam will direct reply to someone out of the blue and say something like "that's because you have a brain defect. You can't see the defect because of the defect, which BTW, is proof you have a brain defect in the first place. Seek help, you're fucked in the head"

I can see why people would feel the need to reply and get into with him, which will spillover into threads like this.

What I find curious is why someone is allowed to continually derail threads with this brain defect bullshit, and start weekly threads, such as this one, on the latest brain defect news.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If you guys don't like what Moonbeam is posting, don't respond to the thread. Duh. He knows you guys too well and you fall for it every time. I suppose this is what keeps P&N alive: people who feel the need to defend every little thing they believe. Who cares if he supposedly thinks conservatives have brain defects? If anything, your constant replies to these type of threads are proof of some type of defect.
You might want to ask yourself why we reply. We find him entertaining.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
So you're saying he's trolling for attention? Spot-on, there.

You wouldn't defend yourself if someone said you're defective? Right. :rolleyes:

No, I didn't say he was trolling for attention.

I am conservative, and I feel no need to defend myself against this. Well, I am more moderate than conservative depending on the issue. Anyway, why should I care what some guy on the internet thinks of me? Why should YOU care about what some guy on the internet says about you?

Boris Morozov

Jun 11, 2007
it is pretty lame. you'll find more maturity in a playground. but this is politics. its easy to distract everyone with "social issues" because the more important stuff is just too boring.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
What about all of those time Moonbeam will direct reply to someone out of the blue and say something like "that's because you have a brain defect. You can't see the defect because of the defect, which BTW, is proof you have a brain defect in the first place. Seek help, you're fucked in the head"

I can see why people would feel the need to reply and get into with him, which will spillover into threads like this.

What I find curious is why someone is allowed to continually derail threads with this brain defect bullshit, and start weekly threads, such as this one, on the latest brain defect news.

Yeah I can see it might be annoying, but if you know it is not true about yourself, why do you care... unless you have a doubt? I don't know what his real motivations are, especially considering his signature. However, I think he has made it quite clear that he just attempts to mirror to people so that they can see themselves in what he posts, so they are more or less responding to themselves in a way. My guess is that you are supposed to see how supposedly ignorant or stupid you are being b/c everything you are saying about him you are really saying about yourself.

Unfortunately, the only problem with this is that he presents a stereotype, and as such it might not be exact, and in that sense you may not really be responding to yourself but to some idea he has in his head about who you are. I think it can be accurate to some degree, but it is an approach that obviously has its flaws. If the stereotype doesn't apply, then ignore it. If it does, you might be more tempted to rave against it. I am conservative, but I am in no way a stereotype, so it doesn't apply to me at all, and so in that way it is completely innocuous. Possibly the primary reason he does the mirroring thing is to get you to reflect on your behavior/mentality/approaches.

Also, I should say I do find it a bit confusing sometimes b/c I don't know who I am responding to.. i.e. I don't know if he constantly mirrors or only mirrors some of the time.

Last edited:

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
You might want to ask yourself why we reply. We find him entertaining.

I find it a bit entertaining for the reasons listed in my post above, but I also dislike the discord that results. I prefer peace, not war.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
No, I didn't say he was trolling for attention.

I am conservative, and I feel no need to defend myself against this. Well, I am more moderate than conservative depending on the issue. Anyway, why should I care what some guy on the internet thinks of me? Why should YOU care about what some guy on the internet says about you?

Why have a discussion forum at all if none of us care what anyone else says? Hmm? :colbert:

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
If that's the way you see it, then you must believe every post and poster in ATPN is a troll
I can basically look at a tread title and predict every post in it
But here we are, posting along..singin our song, side by side

Look at the topics, evaluate the tone of his threads. If you can't see it for yourself, then nothing else will convince you.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
No

Do you ever stop and wonder what kind of man spends most of his time typing about how evil women are?

Evil and women do not go hand-in-hand.

A real woman is loving and caring.

I'm Irish... well... Celtic... given some of my people come from the highlands of Scotland and the places where the Celts settled.

I am Scottish, what is your point?

My grandfathers last name was McClelland. He and my grandmother parted ways shortly after my dad was born, so my grandmothers parents adopted my dad.

Did you answer the question? Have you ever been married for any period of time?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

I am Scottish, what is your point?

My grandfathers last name was McClelland. He and my grandmother parted ways shortly after my dad was born, so my grandmothers parents adopted my dad.

Did you answer the question? Have you ever been married for any period of time?

I figured the relevancy of asking if I was married and my quoted bit was consistent with my response.

We are O'Brien and O'Neil and O'Connor and Reilly with the odd Steward tossed in and that forms a sense of historical perspective as to the question you pose.

But, to less opaquely respond.... Yes, I'm married and let's see... my oldest kid is 47 and my great grandkids are 5 and 2. Lots of girl people!!!

So... you may see that my perspective vis a vis the comment I made is bound in the history of my evolved state of mind.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Dude... You said you have a daughter you were taking out to get her first buck?
If you haven't begun to figure out a balance of opening a door for a woman, smiling and nodding at the right time of month, and letting her gut that buck
I pity you foo

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Look at the topics, evaluate the tone of his threads. If you can't see it for yourself, then nothing else will convince you.

Moonkin reads what you post and tries to show what might have motivated the state of mind that provided the post.
It is always relevant to understand from where a POV comes from to lend perspective to it.

Your continued bantering or what ever you'd choose to term it with Moonbeam really does go to the thinking process that derives the comments you make.... and his, of course.

Something causes folks to have the opinions they have. They might be developed in any manner of ways. For instance.... Say the topic of drunk driving comes up... Folks who drink and drive probably won't get into that too deeply and those directly touched by that in a negative way will wail in with both fists and probably filled with anger... I'd probably look first to the Rights of the commuter in general to be free from the possible affects of drunk driving folks. This then will probably result in a different set of comments.

I always ask my self how did I develop a position on a topic. I'm fine with faith based belief so long as it does not conflict with nature's reality and find those who try to alter nature's reality to suit their faith belief a bit off, wrong and defective in their approach to seeking truth.... IF truth is what they seek.

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Yeah I can see it might be annoying, but if you know it is not true about yourself, why do you care... unless you have a doubt? I don't know what his real motivations are, especially considering his signature. However, I think he has made it quite clear that he just attempts to mirror to people so that they can see themselves in what he posts, so they are more or less responding to themselves in a way. My guess is that you are supposed to see how supposedly ignorant or stupid you are being b/c everything you are saying about him you are really saying about yourself.

Unfortunately, the only problem with this is that he presents a stereotype, and as such it might not be exact, and in that sense you may not really be responding to yourself but to some idea he has in his head about who you are. I think it can be accurate to some degree, but it is an approach that obviously has its flaws. If the stereotype doesn't apply, then ignore it. If it does, you might be more tempted to rave against it. I am conservative, but I am in no way a stereotype, so it doesn't apply to me at all, and so in that way it is completely innocuous. Possibly the primary reason he does the mirroring thing is to get you to reflect on your behavior/mentality/approaches.

Also, I should say I do find it a bit confusing sometimes b/c I don't know who I am responding to.. i.e. I don't know if he constantly mirrors or only mirrors some of the time.

Wow, you sure are reading a lot into his behavior in an attempt to justify it.

This is a frickin internet forum, and a political one at that. If he, and you, think this is a proper venue to psycho analyze people then I just don't know what to say. Do you think you get to know someone well enough to say they have brain damage from an internet forum? If he was really trying to provide a benefit he wouldn't do so in such a trollish manner.

I take objection to his behavior simply because he derails threads with the same tired crap all the time. He could at least come up with a new shtick, don't you agree?

Last edited:

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

This is a frickin internet forum, and a political one at that. If he, and you, think this is a proper venue to psycho analyze people then I just don't know what to say. Do you think you get to know someone well enough to say they have brain damage from an internet forum? If he was really trying to provide a benefit he wouldn't do so in such a trollish manner.

I take objection to his behavior simply because he derails threads with the same tired crap all the time. He could at least come up with a new shtick, don't you agree?

Politics and News are created by people. That is a no brainer, right? So... would it not be important to understand what motivated a Political act or an other News event. The fact that stuff happened is the end of the chase... How the chase started seems more important to me. How else can a person gain a sense of agreement or disagreement without knowing or at least thinking about the underlying motivators.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

I don't think his methods are the best either. Like I said in the post above, I prefer peace. I do understand that war is necessary in this life though. I suppose he believes the danger is bad enough that war is necessary. B/C I disagree with his evaluation, I am trying to get you to stop arguing about all this stuff. But, the problem is that he does pinpoint some motivations and those are revealed by posts and responses to him. So, I would say that some stuff does need to be worked out in you all. Obviously this is not a one-sided thing though b/c you see just as much vitriol coming from the other side. He has given some people on the other side a hard time too.

You also are completely missing the point if you think he actually thinks you are brain damaged. I am guessing he actually doesn't. If he does, well, whatever. Let him be deluded. Why you guys throw fuel on the fire is a mystery to me. I am guessing it is b/c you love the battle. Who knows though. BTW, you came into this thread that HE started. So, he is not derailing this thread. In a thread like this, it seems that anything would go though.

BTW, I think motivation is everything.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Why have a discussion forum at all if none of us care what anyone else says? Hmm? :colbert:

Consider the topic. It is pretty outlandish, isn't it? If he actually believes this, then let him be foolish on his own. Don't join him. And if he doesn't believe it, prove him wrong by not falling for it. By responding to the topic in the way you do you only make his supposed belief seem real.

You know in life you have to pick your battles, right? Also, you know on the internet if you stop posting in a thread it drops out of sight, right? That said, I will leave this thread with the hopes that you will stop proving Moonbeam right.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You did a really great job here, spittledip, in my opinion and read carefully. I see you are still in doubt about some things, which is admirable too, but I would say you have very good instincts and would recommend you trust them.

I see the programmed and partisan as egotist stuffed full of opinions designed to fluff those egos into existence, that, lacking real self respect, we substitute the opinions of those we were told had earned respect. Then we defend that purported respect, no matter how wrong the thinking may be, because we aren't defending ideas but our own ego. Our motivations, thus, in case after case after case, are based on preventing a loss of self respect that we lost long ago and have filled in with belief in stupidity. But the folk who substitute ideological or any other external belief for real self respect and to acquire self respect, don't gain self respect at all. They gain the arrogance of ego, conceit vanity hubris, etc. and instead of defending their thinking rationally, they do it with contempt for the other, any who do not bolster the ego based beliefs. Those who are full of vanity and pride radiate hate for others, contempt and belittlement, because those are the very things they were subjected to that caused them to lose their own real self respect. So here we see them, bullies filled with self pride, putting anyone different than them down. So the damage you feel warfare brings was already done to them. They are asleep to what they feel and will remain asleep all their lives unless..... Well that is the question isn't it? So I do to them what they do to others who are different. I tell them that they are sick because they are. And of course that makes them go crazy because their sickness is what they think is their health, the thing that keeps their egos afloat. Well they ran into somebody who drowned and died to that delusion and it's a much better place to be. So I'll gladly kick them in the nuts if I can give it to them. And when they kick me in the nuts, I show it doesn't hurt because my nuts aren't between my ears.

They get so tired of hearing the truth, but think about me. Everywhere I go in this forum I have to listen to donkeys bray. Well, my good friend Mulla Nasruden taught me how to ride them.

Mulla Nasrudin was seen riding his donkey through town sitting backward. The people asked him, 'Mulla, why are you doing that?" He replied, "Has none of you considered the possibility that it's the donkey that's the wrong way round?" I bet you know the answer. Yup, not too very many.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
You did a really great job here, spittledip, in my opinion and read carefully. I see you are still in doubt about some things, which is admirable too, but I would say you have very good instincts and would recommend you trust them.

I see the programmed and partisan as egotist stuffed full of opinions designed to fluff those egos into existence, that, lacking real self respect, we substitute the opinions of those we were told had earned respect. Then we defend that purported respect, no matter how wrong the thinking may be, because we aren't defending ideas but our own ego. Our motivations, thus, in case after case after case, are based on preventing a loss of self respect that we lost long ago and have filled in with belief in stupidity. But the folk who substitute ideological or any other external belief for real self respect and to acquire self respect, don't gain self respect at all. They gain the arrogance of ego, conceit vanity hubris, etc. and instead of defending their thinking rationally, they do it with contempt for the other, any who do not bolster the ego based beliefs. Those who are full of vanity and pride radiate hate for others, contempt and belittlement, because those are the very things they were subjected to that caused them to lose their own real self respect. So here we see them, bullies filled with self pride, putting anyone different than them down. So the damage you feel warfare brings was already done to them. They are asleep to what they feel and will remain asleep all their lives unless..... Well that is the question isn't it? So I do to them what they do to others who are different. I tell them that they are sick because they are. And of course that makes them go crazy because their sickness is what they think is their health, the thing that keeps their egos afloat. Well they ran into somebody who drowned and died to that delusion and it's a much better place to be. So I'll gladly kick them in the nuts if I can give it to them. And when they kick me in the nuts, I show it doesn't hurt because my nuts aren't between my ears.

They get so tired of hearing the truth, but think about me. Everywhere I go in this forum I have to listen to donkeys bray. Well, my good friend Mulla Nasruden taught me how to ride them.

Mulla Nasrudin was seen riding his donkey through town sitting backward. The people asked him, 'Mulla, why are you doing that?" He replied, "Has none of you considered the possibility that it's the donkey that's the wrong way round?" I bet you know the answer. Yup, not too very many.
Maybe you should get a hobby. It could end up to be more rewarding to you than whatever that was you just wrote.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Maybe you should get a hobby. It could end up to be more rewarding to you than whatever that was you just wrote.

I would have to ponder the quality of 13,000 posts in a couple of years.
We're they mostly like this post of yours?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
spiddledip, you're correct it's best to stop feeding the troll. I won't put Moonbeam on ignore as I want to enjoy the comedy value his psychobabble provides.

If I could make you chuckle with each of my posts, I would be happy