The police took my computer!!! Someone who knows Law please help!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Since it's your first offense you'll probably get probation and maybe cummunity service. If you lose your systems just write it up as payment for an education in "How not to be a Dumbass". Good thing you weren't somewhat good at it or you might have graduated to something a little more lucrative and , if caught, a lot more punishable.

Forget your system, your probation will probably specify that you not have access to a computer for a year or so_Of course I could be mistaken and they could make an example out of you. If that's the case I'd sure hate to be you.

gdawson6

Jan 9, 2002
Your asking a computer junkie why is he worried about getting his computer back?? because it was my pride and joy thats why!

I didnt hear that one about not being able to use the computer for 7 years, and think if that was true it would probably only be until i was 18.

You have to see that juvenile courts are much more based on reform rather than punishment, but I am going to pay for what I've done in some way or another.

CurtOien

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
gdawson6,

<< Cause i used to have quite some warez on it b4, but not when they took it. >>

R U Stupid?
Shut your mouth and call a lawyer.

TrueBlueLS

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2001
You guys need to chill on this kid. I mean come on... he made a mistake and is learning from it. We're all not perfect here. Gdawson6, just one question though... how in the world did you get caught?

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
<< You guys need to chill on this kid. I mean come on... he made a mistake and is learning from it. We're all not perfect here. Gdawson6, just one question though... how in the world did you get caught? >>

Coming from someone who works around kids (about 1500 everyday), taking it easy on kids is how we turn them into criminals. He did something wrong, he should face up to it. Being soft on kids is worse than not catching them, because we send the message that we either don't care or we condone their actions. A little sever, maybe, but that is my opinion.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

<<

<< My family isnt even PO'ed at me, my mom is really cool and already offered to advance my xmas money to build a new pc >>

Good to see there is positive reinforcement in your house
rolleye.gif
:disgust:
>>

yeah, my mom would have waxed my a$$ with a baseball bat if I pulled some mess like this. i would rather go to jail than to deal with my mom.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
1.) I want to know how on earth did you got caught?

2.) Is there any evidence that bus passes were bein created. Are there logs of how many you printed, the template, things of that nature?

3.) what evidence do they have against you.

I only ask cuz the only chance(I'm not saying it's good, but relatively speaking) that you have of getting your rig back is if it's clean. The cleaner, the better.

I used to do something very similar, but my setup was smooth and seamless and my product was top notch. Gum wrappers for pete's sake. What is this world coming to?

I would also say my prayers that a team of elite lawyers starts working for you pro bono, cuz there have been instances where fines have been pretty hefty for forging documents of this sort. It will definitely go on a record somewhere and it most certainly won't look good for your school. So expect some backlash, regardless.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Your parents sound like they where fed at the same trough as Johnny tailban Walker's parents. You are a 16 year old criminal. you knew exactly what you were doing when you did it and you knew it was illegal. You find favorable treatment from your parents because you schmooze them like you try doing here?

I sincerly hope that you are taken from your parents home and put in a juvenial institution until you are 21(or longer if thats possible). I do not hear one bit of remorse from your sorry ass for robbing the transist system and driving costs up for the real ticket payers who now will have to pay for the litigation on your prosecution.

Your parents have blown their oppurtunity to raise you. They have failed. You are a criminal. You are a thief. You are gulty of fraud and conspiracy and counterfiting. Just by your own admissions in this forum.

Hell, I hope the prosecution gets a whiff of this thread. No one should feel sorry for you. You will get what you deserve, but it probably won't mean a thing. I truly don't think you will learn anything from this. You are enjoying it too much. Hell, all your buddies are talking about you now. You got popped and thats' cool huh?

:disgust:
rolleye.gif

Braves

Banned
Dec 16, 2001

<< You guys need to chill on this kid. I mean come on... he made a mistake and is learning from it. We're all not perfect here. Gdawson6, just one question though... how in the world did you get caught? >>

lol, i'm wondering how he got caught too...

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
<< Your parents have blown their oppurtunity to raise you. They have failed. You are a criminal. You are a thief. You are gulty of fraud and conspiracy and counterfiting. Just by your own admissions in this forum. >>

Well said!

So gdawson6, what town did you say you lived in?

RONType1

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2000

<< lol, i'm wondering how he got caught too... >>

probably posting in a forum how cool it is too copy bus passes... ;)

good luck

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Hey gdawson, is this your web page? Better change the title.....

How to start your own illegal conterfitting operation!

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Like I said in my previous post, coming here and acknowleding that you did something illegal is not a smart thing to do. Trust me, I've seen people come here and talk about receiving an extra $.50 cents from a book they bought at borders and everyone went nuts.

BuckleDownBen

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
Hey-
Don't mess around with a private lawyer, go get a Public Defender. They are better for stuff like this because they are free and they have relationships with the judges and prosecuters. Lawyers just want to ring up big fees, but public defenders want to settle stuff quickly, usually to your advantage.

I also want to know how you got caught. Also, were these passes for personal use, or were you selling them?

fataIerror

Mar 10, 2001
I can see it now...

Bubba - "What are you in for kid?"
gdawson - "Counterfeiting bus passes."
Bubba - "Hahahaha bwahahaha muhahahaha"
gdawson - "But I'm a good kid really, I got good grades and my mommy loves me"
Bubba - "I'm gonna make you my bitch, pick up that soap!"
gdawson - "No, please don't hurt me you bad bad man. *screams for mom*"
Bubba - "I'm your mommy now bitchboy, now hold still so I can tattoo some tits on your back"

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999

<< I can see it now...

Bubba - "What are you in for kid?"
gdawson - "Counterfeiting bus passes."
Bubba - "Hahahaha bwahahaha muhahahaha"
gdawson - "But I'm a good kid really, I got good grades and my mommy loves me"
Bubba - "I'm gonna make you my bitch, pick up that soap!"
gdawson - "No, please don't hurt me you bad bad man. *screams for mom*"
Bubba - "I'm your mommy now bitchboy, now hold still so I can tattoo some tits on your back"
>>

:Q

gdawson6

Jan 9, 2002
1.) I want to know how on earth did you got caught?

My best friend got busted and told everything...and i mean everything in a sworn written statement...Lets just say he's not my best friend anymore.

2.) Is there any evidence that bus passes were bein created. Are there logs of how many you printed, the template, things of that nature?

If they can recover the data on my computer, yes.

3.) what evidence do they have against you.

Whatever they can recover from my computer

<< Hey gdawson, is this your web page? Better change the title..... >>

Actually, that was a webpage i was building for someone...nothign to do with me personally.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Let's see, hmm...the police dept needs more funding......they're right now surfing up some kiddie pr0n on your computer.....hmm...insert word "Taliban".....
OK, I see it now: "gdawson6--American Taliban"--the computer connection.

Yeah, police dept gets major money for opening and investigating your case which is of INTERNATIONAL importance, they get pats on the back from the Pres., you get.....stretchie.

gdawson6

Jan 9, 2002
Dude, enuff...my anus is not going to get reamed in any way or manner. Stop having sick fantasies of 16 year olds getting it up the a$$ in your head. Im just going to face a fine and community service, i already know that. Just lock this thread because its getting out of control.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know why you'd be angry with your friend if all he did was tell the truth. If you are angry that he gave your name, then I would question your earlier statement that "you've learned your lesson". It sounds like you're not sorry that you did it, but that you're sorry you got caught.

And it sounds like it would be a good idea to tell the truth the rest of the way. Since you don't know how much they recover from your PC, it's only going to look pretty bad if you lie to them and then they prove that you lied. Any chance for leniency is going to go out the window at that point.

CurtOien

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gary Dawson from Pennsylvania,

You are still confessing your crimes on a public forum.
YOU ARE STUPID OR A TROLL!!!

Jejunum

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000

<< You guys need to chill on this kid. I mean come on... he made a mistake and is learning from it. We're all not perfect here. >>

seriously; well apparently all these people on their high horses are percfect except for me and AMDStunna

if u dont have any useful advise dont freaking dont flame