The Police State is Officially off the rails bat shit insane

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
226055.jpg
LOL at Reagan as "one of the good guys." God bless the Republicans for looking out for the common man.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
So much fail in this thread. The fact that the guy was joking should have been obvious to anyone who comprehends English. Obviously the human race has devolved to the point that it's possible to get yourself made a policeman or judge without having a mastery of the de facto language of the land. Those are the people who should be in jail for the protection of the public!

What exactly defines a terrorist now? That scale will keep moving more to the governments opinion and all for our own protection. :rolleyes:

This says it all. Sheep are feeding themselves to the wolves and they're too stupid to realize it.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
LOL at Reagan as "one of the good guys." God bless the Republicans for looking out for the common man.
People are stupid. Here's Carlin explaining how things really were:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hm7D2Ms_zc‎

Also, remember that time his guys in the CIA were smuggling cocaine into the US to pay for a war in Central America? And that time he allowed millions of illegal immigrants to have citizenship? And that time he negotiated with terrorists in Iran?

lord_emperor

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
It's utter bullshit. What he said was way out of line, but not worth this police state ruining his life over. A few nights in county jail would have been enough. The paranoia this regime has created is ridiculous.

A suspension from LoL would have been overreacting.

My friends and I would be due for 50,000 years in prison for what we shouted while playing Nintendo...

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012

My friends and I would be due for 50,000 years in prison for what we shouted while playing Nintendo...

Or when people are denied insurance claims. I once said someone should blow up a certain insurance company and that everyone in the building deserved to die just because they chose to work for such an evil company.

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
I keep having to say this about our over medicated and overly observed society as well as our over reactive police. It's like we're living in Orwell's 1984.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003

He said stupid sh!t in a public forum, not a private residence. I'd be willing to bet you and your friends wouldn't say most of what you shouted in private in the same public forum. Some people just have no sense of decorum.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
he said it to his friends on fbook right? it's like saying stupid shit between friends while walking outside. if someone else overhears it and takes offence, fuck them. they're not part of the conversation.

he clearly was joking, and the woman who reported him should have been slapped for wasting time.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Every criminal justice system has cases where people are unjustly prosecuted. Sometimes innocent people are even convicted. This has nothing to do with a "police state."

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

And how they snuck W over on the Dem side..
Hmmm.. I'm also having trouble finding Nixon on the R side. Pea tardiers really have too much time on their hands.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What does a sherif have to do with some stupid remark on the Internet? Just throw him in jail. If you make a few idiots into an example maybe peope will think about being a little more polite. Maybe Not Too. Some people are just ignorant rude and stupid. You cant help people like this. They say stuff like this to make people mad so just leave them in jail for about a year or so. They need some time alone to think. Maybe he will have a nice roommate.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If I was the judge part of the sentence was he was not ever allowed to use a computer or a video game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.