The Pie symbol?

AMDPwred

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
Does anyone know the shortcut to display a pie symbol? For example, typing "ALT+0179" will produce the cubed symbol. I can't seem to find the pie symbol. Any help?

KatLei

Jul 17, 2001
apple or cherry or blueberry or rhubarb or shepard or pecan or pumpkin or strawberry or or or mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :)
oh you mean Pi?
i dunno... insert symbol in Word usually works for me.
or check your character map under font, symbol.

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i know how to do this one - §

i saw a list someplace, don't know if pie is on it.

i'll try to find it

AMDPwred

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
i dunno... insert symbol in Word usually works for me. or check your character map under font, symbol.

I checked the char map, that's where I got squared and cubed, but I don't see Pi. Oh and I'm coding a calculator so I don't have those features. ;)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< i know how to do this one - §
i saw a list someplace, don't know if pie is on it.
i'll try to find it
>>

I'm on a laqptop right now so I can't play w/ascii characters :(

but i'll figure it out when i get home

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I've been looking through the character map's advanced features and haven't been able to find it at all...

:( am I dumb?

Nik

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
I think either Word or Excel has an equation editor that does it. Its not an ascii code though, but a font.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
just in case everyone doesn't know.. you have to type the number part on the number pad (not the numbers up top) of the keyboard for it to work.

¿ = alt + 168 ?¿ ;)

AMDPwred

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
There is no ASCII code for pi - ASCII is a 7-bit character set including unaccented Latin letters, numbers, and some punctuation and control characters.

Oh well, I'll just spell it out. Thanks for the replies guys. I just finished up my program, just adding some simple touches so I can call it "Operate v1.0.1" ;)

Logix

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2001

<< you can get it by changing your font to "symbol" and doing alt + 112 >>

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
not sure, but if i played on sports team, my number would be pie. Anybody know where i could get a football jersey with that on it? :D

m00se

AMDPwred

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
you can get it by changing your font to "symbol" and doing alt + 112

When I do that I just get a "p". I'm probably not in symbol font, but I don't think I can change it to that in JBuilder.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< you can get it by changing your font to "symbol" and doing alt + 112
When I do that I just get a "p". I'm probably not in symbol font, but I don't think I can change it to that in JBuilder.
>>

Oh dang...I don't know what to tell you then.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
i dont know, try charmap and lookin for it...but, if your gonna use ms word, u can use that feature that changes automatically something you type to something else...like autocorrect or something...eg. when i type 2nd, it makes the nd small. and uh, if i make a dotted line ------------------- all the way across the page and press enter, it will turn into a solid black line....i remember you can set those also....(c) will turn into the copyright sign...-> will turn into an arrow?