>>>>>>>The PERSONAL ATTACKS IN THIS FORUM NEED TO STOP<<<<<

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
Between the Trolls and knee jerk responses that seem almost scripted I can get a dose of reality entertainment. If you take that away, I'll be left with Dr. Phil, Opra, and their ilk.

Man jumps from building to avoid bland and boring - News at ten

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
I wouldn't worry about the insults- they just reveal a limited mind incapable of arguing positions.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Crazee
I wouldn't worry about the insults- they just reveal a limited mind incapable of arguing positions.

Sure, but also it is also the only thing certain people understand;)

I posted a similar type thread WAY back when, and a MOD stickied it for a while. It helped for a short time but things slowly went back to "normal":p There are times things get out of control but I don't see it being that bad at the moment. Should it be better? sure. But it is no where near as bad as it has been in the past. The mods do take care of the worst offenders, BOBDN comes to mind;) - but they also let alot slide. IF there were a set of rules to follow - things would be better but as it sits right now the rules are too generic and certain people who have been called on their posting(offensive posts) have been able to weasel out of having to "fix it" or getting vacationed. Until the Mods see fit to present a set of DEFINED rules - things won't change and people will push the limits of acceptability.

Again - I'm not sure what the current complaint is - it's been this way for a long time and I haven't seen any significant rise in attacks that would warrant this complaint, unless it's just a PSA type reminder to be civil. If it was the latter - I'm all for it.:) If it was the former - quit whining;):D

CkG

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
would be great yes if the mods set the rules and we would report them to the mods, that way it would be very little extra work for them

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
[Sure, but also it is also the only thing certain people understand;)

Then why engage in debate with them? If they cannot do better than launch verbal assaults at someone then they aren't going to fare well in a debate and there will be no chance to change their mind or even get them to concede a single point no matter how ridiculous they look. So why bother.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Czar
would be great yes if the mods set the rules and we would report them to the mods, that way it would be very little extra work for them

True to a point.:) I don't think the MODs should have to rely on us serfs though - they need to enforce their rules. I suspect that is part of the reason they haven't put the smack down yet - it'd be a full time job just to enforce one forum.

Crazee - yes, everyone realizes that, you haven't been around in here long enought to know we've had this type of discussion every so often, wether "needed" or not. Sometimes it's just people whining about getting picked on - or it's because things really are getting nasty as a whole.

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Our beliefs are what we had to swallow to stay alive as children. To let go of them would be to feel like dying. So we argue to maintain the illusion we are alive. Makes us argumentative as hell. But to really be alive we have to die. That's why we prefer being dead. The fear is tremendous, so tremendous that most don't even know it's there. Deep down of course we know and that's why we get pissed off when attacked. We already feel we're no good and the put down wakes that up. But actually we're in Heaven. The rain has formed a pond in my back yard inwhich I can see the redwoods blowing in the wind and millions of raindrops. Them raindrops die when they hit the water.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: Zebo
Hehe. You'll notice it's conservatives who spew the inslults usually and attack. It's part of thier mindset being insecure, don't like probabilities, questions, they like certainty, and attacking another puts them in the power position and places proof on the object/person of his scorn. This is why they call liberals commies, traitors etc..Listen carefully, you'll hear thier hatred and listen better and you'll hear self-hatred..

and liberals, everyone seems to be doing it

Well noted. It takes a stupid f*cking moron to think that only conservatives make personal attacks ;) J/K Zebo...mostly...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The truth is really very simple. Liberals think the world as is sucks and Conservatives think that any change in the way things are will suck. The point that gets lost is that both are right. Everything sucks because everything is perfect and we can't see that. We hate our perfect selves.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Pre-emptive Strike ! Pre-emptive Strike !

Good lord people - don't take yourselves so seriously - most of the 'Others' don't.

Only CAD - Imagine ! He had the nerve to actually TOUCH Howard Dean !

Now I believe he has a major dilema to deal with:
Does he have the hand Bronzed ?
Does he have this tainted flesh removed ?
Or does he donate it to science so that they can observe it and see what it becomes in the future ?

(Sorry CAD - just saw an opportunity to be offensive and couldn't resist)

OK Who's next ? Feelin lucky ? Punk.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Pre-emptive Strike ! Pre-emptive Strike !

Good lord people - don't take yourselves so seriously - most of the 'Others' don't.

Only CAD - Imagine ! He had the nerve to actually TOUCH Howard Dean !

Now I believe he has a major dilema to deal with:
Does he have the hand Bronzed ?
Does he have this tainted flesh removed ?
Or does he donate it to science so that they can observe it and see what it becomes in the future ?

(Sorry CAD - just saw an opportunity to be offensive and couldn't resist)

OK Who's next ? Feelin lucky ? Punk.

Don't worry - I had my hand irradiated immediately. I also have a tourniquet in my pocket incase I the radiation didn't get it all. :D

CkG