The people's champ (The Rock) officially endorses Biden/Harris

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It's like, I hope he votes for Biden, but the I also hope people who can't decide between a Trump and a Biden just stay home and binge watch Storage Wars rather than continuing to destroy this fucking country with their apathy.

I've always found that strange. Ultimately, for most countries, democracy ends up as a system where the people who get to decide who runs the country are the small minority of flakey, unreliable flibbertygibbets who just can't make up their mind which side they are on. Doubly so if they live in 'marginal constituencies' or 'battleground states'.

Democracy (rule by the 'people') should really be called "rule by those who haven't been paying attention". What would be the Greek term for that?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Neither have I. Then again, would anyone actually admit that such a thing had been a factor in their decision? Probably not.
Most people don't even know what influences them. The vast majority of people will claim no type of marketing works on them, they make up their own minds. Then after telling you that, they'll go out to their 4x4 SUV that's never been off a paved road or pulled a trailer.

Reactions: Brainonska511

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've always found that strange. Ultimately, for most countries, democracy ends up as a system where the people who get to decide who runs the country are the small minority of flakey, unreliable flibbertygibbets who just can't make up their mind which side they are on. Doubly so if they live in 'marginal constituencies' or 'battleground states'.

Democracy (rule by the 'people') should really be called "rule by those who haven't been paying attention". What would be the Greek term for that?

apathocracy

(the modern "apathy" is pretty much exactly its Greek root)

Reactions: pmv

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Most people don't even know what influences them. The vast majority of people will claim no type of marketing works on them, they make up their own minds. Then after telling you that, they'll go out to their 4x4 SUV that's never been off a paved road or pulled a trailer.

Just read posts in P&N.

--"I don't watch Fox News or Breitbart! I ain't never heard of RT or OANN, neither!"
--proceeds to spout, verbatim, ridiculous fabricated talking points that were generated directly from RT or OANN, and endlessly discussed, exclusively, among those very same networks
--Simply too ignorant or cognizant to understand that trapping themselves in the same bubble of the same like-minded friends and associates means that your only sources really are those very same sources.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and Zorba