The packaging is getting worse

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
It's made that way. I work in a warehouse kind of dealio, and it's actually really thick paper crumpled up that way and cut off by a machine.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Gibson486
Originally posted by: Cruisin1
seriously I fail to see the issue either? would you rather have popcorn?

popcorn with butter is good.

Im a caramel popcorn kinda guy......maybe cheese. Mmmmmmmm cheese...

waitman

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2002
I'd be happy to get that kind of packaging, some online retailers don't package worth a crap. Never had Newegg do it like that before though.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I received a CD Single yesterday from Amazon that was literally in a cardboard sleeve. This thing wasn't even corrugated cardboard... no padding... nothing. I'm surprised it wasn't in pieces by the time it got to my door.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I just wish they would put some on the bottom, so when UPS throws it around it's protected.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I like to use the airbags Amazon put in their packages. They're 100% recyclable too, so it's environmentally friendly. Only downside is they loose air after a while.

Paper while environmentally friendly adds too much weight to the package. Bubble wraps are pretty heavy too.

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: 13Gigatons
I just wish they would put some on the bottom, so when UPS throws it around it's protected.
What was the item being shipped? Most computer parts are pretty tough, unless it was a hard drive or something, I wouldn't worry.

Don't forget the retail packaging a lot of items are in can absorb some shock as well.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Aikouka
I received a CD Single yesterday from Amazon that was literally in a cardboard sleeve. This thing wasn't even corrugated cardboard... no padding... nothing. I'm surprised it wasn't in pieces by the time it got to my door.

thats how amazon sends single cds or dvds.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I ordered a bunch of stuff from an etailer this Christmas. The amount of Styrofoam peanuts I had to through away was disgusting. It literally filled my entire garbage cart outside. I wanted to write them a hate letter. I can't believe places still use those. Disgusting.

When I ship stuff to people (FT forums, Ebay whatever) I almost always pack it with old. used newspapers. Works like a charm every time.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: Homerboy
I ordered a bunch of stuff from an etailer this Christmas. The amount of Styrofoam peanuts I had to through away was disgusting. It literally filled my entire garbage cart outside. I wanted to write them a hate letter. I can't believe places still use those. Disgusting.

When I ship stuff to people (FT forums, Ebay whatever) I almost always pack it with old. used newspapers. Works like a charm every time.

i keep a bag of old packing popcorn around just to use in FT forums.

when i ship, it's a combination of anti-static bag, paper, and packing peanuts. (and those amazon airbags when i can get em.)

i generally pack it full enough that nothing shifts. i haven't had a complaint yet.