THE ORANGE BOX!

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
I just want to unnecessary action removed to the cover art. I'm so excited I can barely put the disk in the drive. Gaaaaah!

Anyone else played Portal or TF2?

-Schadenfroh

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
your name is so very fitting right now. of course other people on this forum have played portal/tf2/ep2 (just not me :D)

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Both are very good games. I ended up buying from CC B&M because it's cheaper than Steam
:|

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
Both are very good games. I ended up buying from CC B&M because it's cheaper than Steam
:|

Yeah I would have waited and got it cheaper elsewhere to but it was worth the extra $5-8 to be able to play it weeks before release.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Man steam sucks. It's estimating a 3 hour download for all the games. I bought the crap on a disk, usually you just install on your computer like lightening. BF2 took less than 10 mins to install, and that was 1.5 gigs.

What the f**k?!!!!!!!!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Umm it barely took me any time at all to install the games via DVD. Steam updated stuff, but that was no biggie.

Also, I was in CC earlier today and it was $49.99.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Umm it barely took me any time at all to install the games via DVD. Steam updated stuff, but that was no biggie.

How do I install via DVD?

I bought the games on DVD but it's installing them on steam?

200 kb/s average. What the f**K?!

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Haven't played it yet. I haven't bought anything on Steam since their CC leak a few months back and someone went nuts on my card.

I have been looking for it cheaper in retail stores but haven't seen it yet.

rodrigu3

May 14, 2007
Wow dude, calm down - either way, you've got the game and will be playing it sooner or later. I will most likely have to go through the same thing since I'm building my new rig this week and will have to reinstall steam and all the apps. It will be very frustrating, I can see it now.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: rodrigu3
Wow dude, calm down - either way, you've got the game and will be playing it sooner or later. I will most likely have to go through the same thing since I'm building my new rig this week and will have to reinstall steam and all the apps. It will be very frustrating, I can see it now.

It's just really annoying. I see everybody praising steam, but I don't like the fact that I'm paying 40 bucks a month for cable yet downloading a game (not really) like I'm on dial up.

I prefer a little less flash and being able to play a game within 10-20 mins than having to wait 3 hours to install facking half life. What a waste.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I love the game... but actually thought the cover art was dumb and boring. Looked like they put it together at the last second.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Noobtastic

Open your DVD drive. Insert the DVD. Close the DVD drive.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: schneiderguy

that's what i did brainiac, but it's downloading from steam. 3+ hours for all games to install. sadly, tf2 was the last to go....and now i have to go to sleep. ARGH!

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
How has this post not been deleted/locked yet? All this information has been posted in the other 15,000 Orange Box threads, and this is just too much whining. Perhaps I'm just a little bitter after a long night of work with a longer night of studying due?

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: schneiderguy

that's what i did brainiac, but it's downloading from steam. 3+ hours for all games to install. sadly, tf2 was the last to go....and now i have to go to sleep. ARGH!

Then you did it wrong if it is downloading 3 hours worth of stuff. :confused: Theres been a total of about 10mb of patches released for the orange box games since release.