The "oppose everything obama says/does" ideology of the right has jumped the shark

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Phokus, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...mmemorates-senseless-holocaust-eliana-johnson

So Obama calls the holocaust 'senseless' violence and the National Review actually writes an article that ends up defending the Nazi's. The author is getting torn to shreds in the comments (mostly from redditors who saw this story).

It's like the GOP is on auto-pilot and they will oppose anything Obama does and says without really actually thinking about what he says or does.

Obama should come out tomorrow and say he supports tax cuts on the rich and i guarantee you, we'll have the GOP speaking out against him.

And, yet again, we can also quote Reagan to point out the stupidity/hypocrisy of the right:

edit: LOLOLOL

#1 Phokus, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

Yep, Eliana Johnson represents the entire GOP. Dumbass.

3. brandonb

brandonb Diamond Member

Both sides jump the shark regularly.

Why are you suprised by this?

4. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

She's a fucking retard (and so are you), so... yes, she does.

It's actually quite fitting, you're so much like her. You fall for onion type articles thinking they're real, Eliana writes Onion type articles passing them off as real :D

5. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

False equivalency. The GOP is far more batshit insane.

6. Theb

Theb Diamond Member

This thread. Wow.

7. Doc Savage Fan

Based on a stupid article written by one person...you smear the entire GOP party (comprising 47 million people) and then have the audacity to call them batshit insane. That's rich.

#7 Doc Savage Fan, Feb 1, 2013
  8. brandonb

brandonb Diamond Member

In your opinion.

I actually find the GOP less batshit insane than the radical left wing posters (such as yourself) on these forums.

<--- Not a Republican.

9. PokerGuy

PokerGuy Lifer

Guys, don't feed the troll.

10. Jaskalas

Jaskalas Lifer

Jumped the shark? I don't think she even saw it. This one jumped the Moon, or Mars... or even Pluto.

11. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

Here's a short list of GOP insanity:

Texas GOP opposing teaching critical thinking skills:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...skills-really/2012/07/08/gJQAHNpFXW_blog.html

Our own resident rightwing ATPNER displaying his bigotry and advocating violence against liberals for a small fee:

No muslims, no athiests, no gays - Spidey07

600 bucks to curb stomp a liberal? SO worth it. - Spidey07

The GOP sabotaging a spending cuts bill:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...rs-renege-on-debt-limit-deal-defense-cuts.php

Mitch McConnell Filibustering his OWN bill:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/mcconnell-filibusters-his-own-bill-to-lift-debt-limit.php

Several ATPN Conservatives thinking a fake onion style article bashing democrats is real:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2265716

The GOP IS the party of jumping the shark. They constantly come up with new ways to be batshit insane/retarded. Their 'creativity' has no bounds.

Yeah, they're 'the same'. Get the * out of here. You're not a republican? Good for you, but considering your stupidity, you might as well be one.

More like based on a whole body of work see above

#11 Phokus, Feb 1, 2013
  12. Moonbeam

Moonbeam Elite Member

If I could give you, say, 16 peer reviewed articles supporting the bat shit insane theory, would that convince you otherwise?

Take a look at how many of the threads at the top right now are really just anecdotal incidents contending that gun grabbers are bat shit insane and you're all exercised here over one thread posted by a liberal that is.

The right has become hideous and despicable. Did you watch McCain turn on Hagel?

13. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

Oh and i TOTALLY forgot about Incorruptible's thread about Google being 'out to destroy christmas' just because they said 'happy holidays', that was a 'gem'.

14. Atomic Playboy

One stupid person wrote one stupid article which was roundly criticized by everybody who commented on it. I fail to see how that is indicative that the entirety of the conservative population of this country opposes every single thing Obama says or does.

15. Genx87

Genx87 Lifer

Jokus found a few more examples! Out of the millions of republicans he managed to find 5 more examples. Cant you see the proof before your own eyes???????????????

16. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

Roundly criticized by liberals, moderates, and anyone else with a brain who got linked to the story from reddit/think progress. And the article was approved by the NRO editors. And this is just another example in a long line of GOP insanity.

17. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

Luckily a majority of Americans realize this, hence, the black guy is still in the office.

18. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

So when the Texas GOP, for example, opposes critical thinking skills (seems like you grew up in that environment), where was the outrage from the right?

When Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, and the other members of the CEC says something batshit insane, why does the right embrace them rather than repudiate them?

When an ATPN rightwinger says these things:

Where's the ATPN rightwing rage?

You are all complicit in your batshit retardation and insanity.

19. Wreckem

Wreckem Diamond Member

National Review publishing it, makes it more than just one person.

20. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

True

21. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

Also, the highest concentration of people who believe Obama is a 'muslim who was born in kenya' originate from red states.

But yeah, lets go on pretending that conservatives aren't fucking retarded/crazy and sweep it under the rug.

22. Atreus21

Atreus21 Diamond Member

Not to defend the moron who wrote it, but in fairness The Corner is where they place their blogs, not their columns.

But you're absolutely right about the stupidity of demonizing everything out of Obama's mouth.

Here I was about to post a Krauthammer article from NRO that I thought most would see as entirely reasonable.

23. Genx87

Genx87 Lifer

Critical thinking skills from the govt? You expect that? You are what you claim to hate. A god damned idiot.

Really? You want people to duplicate your work? I think the msgboard has enough garbage on it that we dont need to add another thread on a topic already being discussed.

24. thraashman

thraashman Diamond Member

As a liberal member of ATP&N I believe I have a working agreement with some conservative members here that they don't have to claim Incorruptible if we don't have to claim Dave ... or maybe it was Nemesis. Hmmm. It was one of the more insane members. Well now I'm gonna have to go look for it.

25. Genx87

Genx87 Lifer

Yeah and I am sure the highest concentration of imbeciles who believe Bush knocked the towers down come from Blue state. What is your point? This country has its share of idiots?

We dont need you polluting this msgboard to tell us something we already know.