The OP Got The Facts of This Topic Woefully Wrong

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I believe FBI said her servers were never accessed by unauthorized users. If this leak turns out to be real then that turns the entire thing around.

In your head, maybe. FBI has looked into it, found no crime, and now the investigation is over.
Also, the wikileaks link in the OP seems to be to diplomatic cables, not emails, so the title is wrong.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I wonder if they will also release the 22 MILLION emails deleted by the Bush administration at the end of their terms. Probably not, Faux News not pushing it nor has there been repeated futile Congressional "investigations" over that.

Bush isn't running for president, so that would be a different topic.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I believe the FBI investigation was partially predicated on minimal harm coming from her actions. I think if wikileaks proves that adversaries of the US were able to download her emails from her private servers that will entirely change the issue and force some type of action. That would be the line for me personally on this issue. I've been waiting to see what comes of Assange's allegations.

I honestly don't believe it matters unless there is concrete proof of outright treason. There is so much smoke surrounding that woman it's wonder she doesn't have lung cancer.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
no it wont.

Theres no line she can cross that would stop liberals for voting for her.

Looks like we have a draw.

Trump has already said he could kill people in the streets and it wouldn't deter his supporters

Having said that I'll withhold comments until I can see some content.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I honestly don't believe it matters unless there is concrete proof of outright treason. There is so much smoke surrounding that woman it's wonder she doesn't have lung cancer.

So the whole thing is just another Hillary bashing opportunity because the OP put that slant on it.

You guys are like dogs barking at night. When one thinks he heard something, he barks. The rest start barking too just because they heard the first one setting off a wave of pointless barking across the neighborhood.

Mar 16, 2005
Although she messed up with @clintonemail.com...I'd place an equal amount of blame on the people that sent emails to that domain.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Creating smoke is the easy part apparently. Despite the adage, there's been a lot more smoke than fire here.

Nov 29, 2006
I have many reasons not to vote for Hillary. This is just one of them. But i always forget if im a conservatard or libtard. You guys can never keep me straight.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I have many reasons not to vote for Hillary. This is just one of them. But i always forget if im a conservatard or libtard. You guys can never keep me straight.

One of your reasons for not voting for Hillary is because government servers were "hacked" and the classified information was put on the internet?

You are neither a libtard or a conservatard, you are simply an idiot. Lucky for you, it's not an exclusive club!

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
In your head, maybe. FBI has looked into it, found no crime, and now the investigation is over.
Also, the wikileaks link in the OP seems to be to diplomatic cables, not emails, so the title is wrong.
Wrong! They found No Intent of criminal activity. The premise was that the US AG wouldn't prosecute, because of this.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
There was proof, but the fix has been in all the time. Hands Up!

Poor Gen Petraeus. All he did was remove some documents, and hand them to his secretary, who was helping him write a book. She didn't have security clearance. He lost his job as head of the CIA, and was found guilty of a felony. Got a 2 years suspended sentence and a 5 figure fine.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Interesting still no response from the OP to the minor detail this release has nothing to do with Clinton's email server.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Poor Gen Petraeus. All he did was remove some documents, and hand them to his secretary, who was helping him write a book. She didn't have security clearance. He lost his job as head of the CIA, and was found guilty of a felony. Got a 2 years suspended sentence and a 5 figure fine.

Gawd. Comey revealed that Petraeus had classified papers buried under the insulation in his attic, papers that he should have left behind when he left the military.

That's obvious intent.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It won't go anywhere, Hillary is untouchable. She's as far above US law as anyone can be.
True - and yet, no more so than the Bushies. Elites are elites.

I wonder if they will also release the 22 MILLION emails deleted by the Bush administration at the end of their terms. Probably not, Faux News not pushing it nor has there been repeated futile Congressional "investigations" over that.
This has been covered. The Pubbies turned over their servers AND their backup tapes to the National Archives, who recovered them. That's why we know there are 22 million and not 5 or 13 million as originally alleged.

lol +1 I salute your integrity, sir.

Does this wiki leaks dump actually change anything? We already knew she sent and received classified documents. If there are more here than the FBI found - not that they would tell us peons - how could we trust the wiki leak people that these were lifted from Clinton's servers? The FBI verified that Clinton's servers had been wiped, and there have been multiple other mega thefts and dumps and hacks, so unless emails are found on someone's computer with verifiable headers, there can be no provenance.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

He was a married guy who gave classified information to his mistress. I'm not saying she was a spy, but that's so classically espionage it's hackneyed.

I still like and admire Patreus and dislike Hillary, and in some ways what she did was way worse, but his was a pretty blatant offense too.

Status
Not open for further replies.