The Onion nails the Muhammad issue.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Give me one example of when the US responded to riots like this with even one cruise missle. You are making up stories and passing them off as true historical facts.

Ever seen the movie Swordfish?

Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?
Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb 10. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourist, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that is becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

Apr 27, 2012
I'm not defending anything, just pointing out that fanatics are fanatics. Which religion has more fanatics has more to do with the cultures in which they exist than the religion themselves.

Personally I think you should go straight to the source and wage holy war on Islam, I'll even spring for your airfare.

The less zealots the better for the rest of us.

No, your deflecting. The thread is about radical Islam not Christians, why dont you make your own thread?

I dont want to wage war on Islam, not all Muslims are bad despite what you and others think

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
No one has ever made any art depicting any other religious leaders in poor light until this video. I mean there isn't a famous sold out Tony award winning play where they do nothing but shit on the Mormon faith. There has never been a single instance of anyone making pictures of Jesus doing lewd acts. Never. Rule 34 doesn't exist either. Seriously those of you sympathizing and trying to say no one else gets made of full. Of in disgusting ways are idiots. Who are you to say what is or isn't offensive eh? What we're saying is just because you get offended doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag

Apr 27, 2012
Where are the liberals attacking this picture, no Muslims so there not interested. They dont tolerate any jokes about Muslims

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The Onion is clever enough to put this in satirical context enough where the religions depicted don't get upset.

Hoewver if a political cartoon ran say a month ago showing the pope having anal sex with a 10 year old boy, Catholics would have had a collective bird. I'm not suggesting they would take to murder but they would be demanding the cartoonist be fired the publication be boycotted and would have been foaming at the mouth at how much liberals are attacking religion. In that example such a cartoon at least would have had a basis in fact.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
It's pretty proven that fighting an ideological war like that is ineffective or worse. We'll just make more extremists.

Regardless, are we prepared to kill hundreds of thousands or possibly millions of largely innocent people to test that 'strategy'?

We already did. It was called Iraq. They didn't give a shot about our bombs then either.
The people burning down their own neighborhoods to protest some crappy made for YouTube movie is idiotic. Dropping bombs on them to fix it is retarded. Idk what these neocons are thinking that scaring them with cruise missiles will actually work. Romney' s bluster is useless.
Can't bomb them into civility. They are going to act like savages no matter what. Best we better guard our embassies and remember not to trust them for a sec.

Fuck these people and their bullshit. Don't come crying to us for help when your despots are gunning you down in the streets and you want someone to save your ass.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
The Onion is clever enough to put this in satirical context enough where the religions depicted don't get upset.

Hoewver if a political cartoon ran say a month ago showing the pope having anal sex with a 10 year old boy, Catholics would have had a collective bird. I'm not suggesting they would take to murder but they would be demanding the cartoonist be fired the publication be boycotted and would have been foaming at the mouth at how much liberals are attacking religion. In that example such a cartoon at least would have had a basis in fact.

Maybe before but not as much as you think, since all the sex abuse and cover ups in the catholic church that have been outed and forever tarnished their image..

Apr 27, 2012
Maybe before but not as much as you think, since all the sex abuse and cover ups in the catholic church that have been outed and forever tarnished their image..

Which were committed by GAY people, that the liberals conveniently forget yet say nothing about other religions and there pedophiles