The ole double standard

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Is there a double standard in this election?
Or, with man vs woman double standard in general?
Damn straight there is....

Once again, Hillary releases detailed health records Wednesday.
And Trump?
Two pages of nonsense given to a TV personality by a TV personality.
And the rest of us just have to take his word for the current state of Trump's health.
Hillary?
Blood work results, blood pressure, details and even more details.
Trump?
His hippy dippy doctor released another statement doubling down on, "Trump will be the healthiest president IN HISTORY".

Then we have the taxes.
Hillary releases everything.
Trump?
Can't do. Under audit. Not important anyway. Trust me.

And then we have the Clinton foundation.
Scrutinized and re-scrutinized down to the nitty gritty details.
Trump?
We have no idea where his foundation money comes from, where it goes, who benefits, or whether it is legal or not.

And the press?
Guess which candidate is under the microscope?
Hint.... the one wearing the heels.

The more Hillary releases the more she is scrutinized.
Trump releases nothing and considered squeaky clean.
So again I ask... is there a double standard in this election?
And is it any wonder the one releasing all the details is considered less trust worthy.
While the other one releasing nothing but nonsense personal BS and excuses is given a pass.
Because, what we don't know won't hurt us. Something like that.....I guess.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Trumpers live in a post-fact dream world where their emotions and beliefs are more important than the truth right in front of their faces.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015
But don't worry, just a few hundred more messages containing your withering commentary on this message board, and they'll see the light :)

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
You don't need to ascribe ominous and contrived reasons to the simple truth the vast majority of American voters (that aren't Jhhnn level hacks) find Hillary Clinton extremely untrustworthy and thus she will need to provide more proof to get the same level of belief. Accusing the voters of having a double standard for having that opinion of her doesn't exactly help in overcoming it either.

Cpv4nRzXYAAvN0l.jpg

Reactions: ozzy702

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Standard Repub tactic of incessantly pressing the attack on the Clinton's in lieu of fruitlessly pursuing the impossible task of defending their own candidate's notoriety and lack of qualifications.

The Repubs really have no other logical alternative in the matter.

All this aided and abetted by a profit motivated media that wants to boost their ratings by alluding to "a presidential race that's much closer than the polls indicate" or some other similar BS.

Just wait 'til Hillary has an episode where she blinks a few times more than usual and see what the Repubs and the media can alchemize that into.

Should be more and more hilarious the closer November comes rolling around.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You don't need to ascribe ominous and contrived reasons to the simple truth the vast majority of American voters (that aren't Jhhnn level hacks) find Hillary Clinton extremely untrustworthy and thus she will need to provide more proof to get the same level of belief. Accusing the voters of having a double standard for having that opinion of her doesn't exactly help in overcoming it either.

Cpv4nRzXYAAvN0l.jpg
Exactly.

Objectivity is dead. Useless. Quaint.

Delusions are the real game in town.

And the best part of delusions is that something is true or not simply because you believe it to be true, or not.

Welcome to Election 2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶4̶ ̶ ̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶8̶ ̶ ̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶2̶ 2016, y'all!
iraq_wmd.jpg

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Cpv4nRzXYAAvN0l.jpg

Thanks for highlighting the double standard even more.

Can anyone name a politician that has had more scrutiny and who has released more personal and business dealings (including the Clinton foundation stuff) more than Hillary or bill Clinton? No?
So not only do we have more information about her than any politician ever, but when she takes the standard default position every other politician takes regarding their personal or business info she is immediately labeled secretive, criminal, or hiding something for nefarious reasons. But when other politicians do it, it's reported on (maybe) and then never spoken of again.

I suspect that if every politician was held to the same standards the Clinton's are we'd probably have half of Congress in jail.

Having said that, Hillary still keeps working, she still keeps reaching across the isle, reaching out to those who are disaffected and who don't support her. Any lessor politician would have went into punditry. Any sane person would have looked at all the scrutiny and said its not worth it.
Now Hillary is definitely not perfect, she's one of the worst politicians I've seen in a long while (a politician to me is someone who can connect to the people to push an agenda) and she certainly doesn't have a perfect track record (what politician does) but if there is one thing I can say about her is that she doesn't give up and she is willing to fight for what's right AND when she's not on the right side of history she is capable of acknowledging her error and will fight to make it right.

I'll take a horrible politician who can admit when they are wrong and change course over a great politician who will stand behind their convictions in the face of contradicting evidence, any day of the week.

I don't expect my politicians to always be right nor do I expect that of my government but I do expect both to correct their actions when the facts contradict their beliefs.

/Rant

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The problem is not media failure to bring the negative to Trump.

The problem is that in dashing Dunning-Kroger style, Trump simply dismisses anything negative. He doesn't address or acknowledge it.

People who have decided to vote for Trump can suspend disbelief to the point where they would willingly allow a con man to represent the American ideal, in effect, they are fine with having all Americans portrayed by this unstable individual.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

Cpv4nRzXYAAvN0l.jpg
by that same token, isn't there a double standard when 68% of people view Clinton as untrustworthy and it's dragging down her poll numbers, all the while Trump can't give a single speech without lying a dozen times and has flipped positions on just about every issue I can think of?

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
My ex's sons doctor deleted pages from his medical records in an attempt to hide his malpractice. He committed a frickin felony. I helped her win a multi million dollar lawsuit against that schmuck. As part of the settlement there was no acknowledgement of any crimes committed. I'm not even supposed to talk about it but she is my ex so I really dont give a damn. I know firsthand that these people "doctor" medical records all the time, and they almost always get away with it. Even if there is a lawsuit and a settlement, they still get away with it. It means nothing that the media is shoveling this crap out now. Just ask yourself this question: What happens if she turns out to really be very sick (ie parkinsons or similar), even if it is years from now that we find out the truth, what happens? Who is brought to justice for all these lies? No one. Nothing will happen. It will simply be buried under a mountain of bull just like everything else. Hillary knows it. Her doctors know it. Everyone knows it.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
by that same token, isn't there a double standard when 68% of people view Clinton as untrustworthy and it's dragging down her poll numbers, all the while Trump can't give a single speech without lying a dozen times and has flipped positions on just about every issue I can think of?

Oh, they don't trust Trump either. But Hillary has a much longer track record of being distrusted. Plus she continues to do things like her private email server that legal/customary or not give the (completely accurate) appearance that she's trying to shield things from the public record and FOIA requests. People perceive Trump's lies as advertising puffery ("we have the world's greatest pizza!") and Clinton's as a pathological drive for secrecy and misdirection that's Nixonian. You can call it a double standard all you like, I call it the reality for 68% of Americans. Maybe when two thirds of people agree with something then you should reexamine your own beliefs. The wisdom of the crowd is a real thing.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._do_voters_weigh_clinton_s_honesty_vs_trump_s

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Kind of like the double-standard where Hillary doesn't get prosecuted for her private email server but anyone else who has to handle classified documents would?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Kind of like the double-standard where Hillary doesn't get prosecuted for her private email server but anyone else who has to handle classified documents would?
Like Bush was prosecuted when he had a private email server, and Powell?

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Keep on keepin' on, champ.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
There is no double standard or conspiracy. She is a poor campaigner with marginal appeal to swing voters. She is a more rationale choice than Trump, but were she to lose, that is all on her

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Kind of like not what Comey said at all.

If you want to attack his integrity & that of the FBI, do so directly.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There is no double standard or conspiracy. She is a poor campaigner with marginal appeal to swing voters. She is a more rationale choice than Trump, but were she to lose, that is all on her

Please. Imagine the raving had the Clinton foundation spent $20K on a portrait of Bill, had the Clintons withheld their tax returns, had they openly advocated violence against their hecklers or had Hillary reversed her positions faster than the Media can report on it. I could go on, but Hillary hate is a blinding force & a barrier impenetrable to reason.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Please. Imagine the raving had the Clinton foundation spent $20K on a portrait of Bill, had the Clintons withheld their tax returns, had they openly advocated violence against their hecklers or had Hillary reversed her positions faster than the Media can report on it. I could go on, but Hillary hate is a blinding force & a barrier impenetrable to reason.
Yeah, but she personally planned the Benghazi terrorist attacks, murdered VIncent Foster, and bragged about murdering babies and puppies over private emails to avoid FOIA laws!