The old "Who has better drivers?" debate

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003
Originally posted by: SickBeast
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
Keys, decent post, but the people arguing against the nvidia is superior and ati sucks arguments, actually have, or have had cards from both company's. Like BFG, like me. I think it's a bad move to say we all belong to same kind of 'side'. I'm on neither side, I just use whatever gives the best bang for buck/is cheapest and suits my needs best. That made me switch to ATI, but not because I had problems with Nvidia, because I more or less never had any. So, imo, it's unbiased people, who are not fans of ANYTHING, arguing against blatant fans of nVidia. Big difference imo. They can't even agree with anyone who dares say that both drivers are on equal footing, and both have their ups and downs, like you just did. So end of thread, because arguing is no longer usefull.

Bad move or not. It's what happens. Consciously or Subconsciously. People can use both brands all the time, but still have a favorite at the end of the day. No getting around it. It's just like people buying cars throughout their lifetime. Some always prefer Ford even after owning a few chevy's and Chryslers and Nissan's or whatever. Just because a particular Ford they had developed a leaky power steering pump, or a factory recall because the bolts they use to hold the chassis in place were found to be below spec and need replacing with improved versions of these bolts, will most likely not turn those people off of the brand. It's natural in all things. Sports, Televisions, Food, Hair Gel, you can't possibly name everything. One can say that they are completely neutral, but that wouldn't be true even if they themselves truly believed it. In reality, they have their real preference and without even realizing it, when challenged, will defend their choices.
There is a huge difference between having a favorite, and being paid to be a member of a Focus Group. You guys are ruining this message board along with a few others who may be wolves in sheep's clothing.

I'm guessing the main reason most people retort what you say is because of your bias and your affiliation with NV. Then you have the nerve to call other people out about their "bias" and "preferences". What a joke.

Looking at the personal forum issues threads you've started recently, It looks like you, more than anyone else, wishes to control what is said and when on the forum.
And by the way, who am I "calling out" about bias? You are way too aggressive for my taste Sickbeast, and need to take it down a peg or two. Your views are always to the extreme, one way or the other. Either super friendly, or super nasty.

Anyway, this thread was over a while ago and we are all just rambling now.

I'm just tired of you NV punks taking over the forum.

It's not just me with that opinion; there have been a large number of very senior, highly respected members who have contacted me via PM in support of my thread in Forum Issues.

Apparently some unfortunate things have happened at the moderator/administrative level which has basically allowed you NV guys to say whatever you want.

You guys should realize that if you keep this up, it will only be the 4 of you posting here. The rest of us will leave and try to have an intelligent discussion elsewhere.