The Official Vice-Presidential Debate Thread

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
It was a wash.

I am in the undecided (don't like romney but not sold on Obama). Biden came off as childish. The laughter made him look foolish and the interruptions make him to impatient. nothing i want as president. to be honest though i never liked Biden. I do think i would like him as a neighbor but not as president..if that makes sense heh

Ryan had a oppturnity and failed to capitalize on it.

It's laughable to me that there can be undecideds at this point.

If you seriously don't know which candidate to choose at this point you've either been living under a rock the last year or are just incredibly stupid.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
It's laughable to me that there can be undecideds at this point.

If you seriously don't know which candidate to choose at this point you've either been living under a rock the last year or are just incredibly stupid.

and i think those that make up there mind before hearing everything are foolish.

shrug.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
82 interruptions. That is about 1 per minute.

I still don't get the point of this complaint. It's a debate. Biden wanted to respond to statements he took issue with and Ryan could have adapted and done likewise.

Man, if no one gets to call the other out on their shit, then you might as well just watch the stump speeches side-by-side, which is basically what the first presidential debate was.

01%

Oct 12, 2012
Wow...does anyone else think that snickering baboon has a public speaking deficiency? Maybe we should step back and think the reason for Bengazi is due to how this administration represents itself HERE-right now...
Only a Democrat would think this bumbling idiot said anything worth hearing last night! Note to all thinking Americans, Democrats should be classified under DSM-iv...and should be treated accordingly...don't argue with stupid, don't defend or try to explain with logic, simply put the Democrat back on offense! IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

Dec 10, 2005
Wow...does anyone else think that snickering baboon has a public speaking deficiency? Maybe we should step back and think the reason for Bengazi is due to how this administration represents itself HERE-right now...
Only a Democrat would think this bumbling idiot said anything worth hearing last night! Note to all thinking Americans, Democrats should be classified under DSM-iv...and should be treated accordingly...don't argue with stupid, don't defend or try to explain with logic, simply put the Democrat back on offense! IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

So.... wwybywb?

Also, your rant needs more rage.
cupofrage.jpg

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Do you practice stupid, mean and ugly, or is it all natural?

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
This X2

Biden is a douche, but we knew that ahead of time. He did not make one salient point, just alot of LOUUUUD NOOIISSEES.. I think this will rouse the Dem base a bit, but that's about it. Lots of high fiveiing from those who's sports team just chicken-walked into the endzone and autographed the camera lens.

Ryan on the other hand looked like a little boy. Any points he may have made in the fiscal or FP area were immediately thrown out (by any sane person) when it came to Religion / Abortion.. I about face-palmed through the back of my head when he restated Romney's position on the topic..

Biden made a lot of points. Watch it again and listen. He just didn't let bullshit stand. And when someone is spouting bullshit like Ryan it makes you a busy person.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Biden was sooo Rude! The moderator was sooo unfair! They cut Ryan's Mic! Our boy couldn't hardly get a lie in edgewise! We wuz Cheated! Cheaters! Bullies! Libruhls!

Your PR construct empty suit pretty boy got thumped in a fashion he richly deserved. It was a joy to watch, and to laugh along with Biden at the absurdity of his opponent's positions.

Anybody who saw it otherwise has been so thoroughly propagandized as to unreachable.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It is amusing , But I also find the repulsives amusing . forget party vote for the man. I would like to see the republican party go away and force a 1 party system for 2016. Watch the law makers scramble when they figure out the Evil of a 2 party system . There should be a 4 party system with each nominee included in the debates . As it is repulsives and demons are the same . Doesn't matter which party wins its the same BS.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Wow, this thread got all the whiny little liberal bitches out in force. How cool is that ?

'Biden was rude!'
'The moderator is in cahoots with Obama!'
'Biden laughed!'
'Biden interrupted!'

Yep... lots of whiners on the liberal side. Your red-tinted glasses continue to work perfectly.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Wow, this thread got all the whiny little liberal bitches out in force. How cool is that ?

'Biden was rude!'
'Biden laughed!'
'Biden interrupted!'

Yep... lots of whiners on the liberal side. Your red-tinted glasses continue to work perfectly.

Not to mention:

"Whahh, the polls are rigged"

"Whahh, the job numbers are rigged"

"Whahh, the news is rigged"

"Whahh, Biden is so mean"

"Whahh, if you quote what I said you are lying"

The whole party has turned into a bunch of Sarah Palins who cry and bellow at any little injustice or hurt feelings.

Your boy-genius sucked vs the goofy old man. Take some responsibility. That's the beating Palin deserved, but could not get since she the queen of the crybabies.
Instead it shelved to age for four years and got opened and unloaded on Ryan like a fine vintage.

I hope Obama was taking notes.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I still don't get the point of this complaint. It's a debate. Biden wanted to respond to statements he took issue with and Ryan could have adapted and done likewise.

Man, if no one gets to call the other out on their shit, then you might as well just watch the stump speeches side-by-side, which is basically what the first presidential debate was.
Ryan should have been more forceful, yes. He was too polite considering what was happening, point conceded. Although I understand why Ryan didn't do it as well. At the end of the day I doubt this is going to matter one way or the other, if it does it will be against Biden IMHO

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Ryan got exposed as the fraud and hypocrite that he truly is.

The most watched moment of the debate according to TIVO was when Biden called him out on the stimulus spending. Now we find out that the hypocrite Ryan requested not 2 but 4 separate times for stimulus money to help grow jobs in his state. He's even been quoted before as saying he's not the kind of guy that would oppose the stimulus and then request money later on. It takes a certain lack of character to be that willfully dishonest in front of 50 million people.

The most stunning thing about this election is how far Ryan's stock has fallen on the national stage. Sure conservatives love him, but I'd say once Romney loses he's all but assured that he'll never come close to a presidential or even vice presidential nod again from the GOP.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
'Biden was rude!'
'Biden laughed!'
'Biden interrupted!'

You forgot that Biden totally owned Ryan!!

Biden shoved a huge one up Ryan`s......thats why Biden was laughing...Ryan didn`t even flinch..it was as if Ryan was use to it.,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Gotta somewhat laugh at this thread premise, that this thread is the one true official "The Official Vice-Presidential Debate Thread" in P&N. When I run out of fingers on one hand to count all the other threads on P&N dealing with the same subject.

As I somewhat maintain, most of the posters on the various VP threads presumably watched the VP debate and are thus presumable capable of forming their own independent personal opinions all by themselves in terms of who won or lost.

So why do we spin our own wheels ad nauseous seeking to find a conformity of other opinions. As if that will somehow change the initial impressions we all had in watching the VP debates.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Duplicate post deleted at OP's request.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Gotta somewhat laugh at this thread premise, that this thread is the one true official "The Official Vice-Presidential Debate Thread" in P&N. When I run out of fingers on one hand to count all the other threads on P&N dealing with the same subject.

As I somewhat maintain, most of the posters on the various VP threads presumably watched the VP debate and are thus presumable capable of forming their own independent personal opinions all by themselves in terms of who won or lost.

So why do we spin our own wheels ad nauseous seeking to find a conformity of other opinions. As if that will somehow change the initial impressions we all had in watching the VP debates.

Probably for the same reason you thought for making your post.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Ryan should have been more forceful, yes. He was too polite considering what was happening, point conceded. Although I understand why Ryan didn't do it as well. At the end of the day I doubt this is going to matter one way or the other, if it does it will be against Biden IMHO

What has led you to hold that opinion?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
What has led you to hold that opinion?
No reason to do this dance again. That CBS poll is one poll, if I had to give a rating on who "won" I'd say Biden since he controlled the whole night. But he was a douche about it. So saying he "won" and "he helped his ticket" are two different things. I don't think he had a net positive for his ticket because of his behavior.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No reason to do this dance again. That CBS poll is one poll, if I had to give a rating on who "won" I'd say Biden since he controlled the whole night. But he was a douche about it. So saying he "won" and "he helped his ticket" are two different things. I don't think he had a net positive for his ticket because of his behavior.

That's different than Romney dominating the session with Obama how, exactly?

Oh, but Biden was a douche about it? Waaahhh!

Funny how none of our resident Righties have actually claimed that Ryan deserved better... "Don't laugh when I'm lying to you" isn't much of a defense, guys...

If he can't hold his own with "Crazy Uncle Joe", imagine how he'd do with Putin or Netanyahu... particularly now that his empty-suitedness has been revealed...