The Official MTG Thread - All MTG stuff in here

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Thought I'd make a thread just for her:

1676906785364.png

Wouldn't mind divorcing her like her hubby and upgrading to a newer model!

But realistically you can't even divorce Georgia rural and Georgia suburban!

What'll she call for next?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

View attachment 76883

In that event most southern states and probably several midwestern states would economically collapse. They are not productive or competitive enough to survive without federal transfers from blue states.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In that event most southern states and probably several midwestern states would economically collapse. They are not productive or competitive enough to survive without federal transfers from blue states.

Older data but you get the idea...

50-of-farm-subsidies-went-to-14.6-of-counties.jpg

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Go for it. Watch the red states die a horrible economic death when they're no longer kept afloat by the blue states. They'd turn into a savage christian version of Afghanistan.

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
She also calls herself a patriot. Someone should remind her where she's working and who pays her salary, but if successful I figure in a year or two the movie "Deliverance" could be rebooted as a reality series. Viewership may take a hit after they finish shooting up their power grid to own the libs however.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
She also calls herself a patriot. Someone should remind her where she's working and who pays her salary, but if successful I figure in a year or two the movie "Deliverance" could be rebooted as a reality series. Viewership may take a hit after they finish shooting up their power grid to own the libs however.
The GOP reality TV show is really Idiocracy.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Why should we give them one inch of this beautiful country? They will just destroy what they have and we will have to suffer bad air, water and soil. Screw that! They will have to earn every inch with their blood. (See Ukraine.)

Last edited:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Go for it. Watch the red states die a horrible economic death when they're no longer kept afloat by the blue states. They'd turn into a savage christian version of Afghanistan.
More like Germany after WWI. Which would lead the red states to attack the blue states, dragging everybody into a terrible war. Nobody would win except maybe the arms merchants. :(

Reactions: thilanliyan

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
I am all for a peaceful legal national divorce.

Likely take a constitutional amendment, but I very much like the idea.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I am all for a peaceful legal national divorce.

Likely take a constitutional amendment, but I very much like the idea.

Nobody wins. Red states will control a lot of the food/farmlands and could starve many blue states. I suppose blue states could simply buy what they need elsewhere, but the prices passed onto citizens would be insanity. Not to mention what it would do to everyone's taxes.

Only similar option would be to go all in on federalism.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Nobody wins. Red states will control a lot of the food/farmlands and could starve many blue states. I suppose blue states could simply buy what they need elsewhere, but the prices passed onto citizens would be insanity. Not to mention what it would do to everyone's taxes.

They'll have to sell whatever they grow on their farmlands. Who do you think they'll sell to? To other farmers from other Red states who are also looking to sell what they grow too? You also forget that both CA and IL (Blue states) have farmlands and are among top food producing US states.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
They'll have to sell whatever they grow on their farmlands. Who do you think they'll sell to? To other farmers from other Red states who are also looking to sell what they grow too? You also forget that both CA and IL (Blue states) have farmlands and are among top food producing US states.

Not to mention that the vast majority of that farming is subsidized by the federal govt that they just divorced from ...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Eh? It's like you don't know food is globally sourced. Grains from Canada, rest from Mexico, done. Most of it is coming to you right now from Mexico anyway.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

View attachment 76883

That sounds AWESOME!

Be advised Margo. California and New York will NOT be paying Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi spousal support! :D

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The scenario I see is total economic collapse for “red” states, and a crippled economy for “blue” states. The “red” states would turn full on y’allqueda and attack neighbor states for basics like food and shelter.

modern living in the USA would be marginal at best while terrorism would be rampant.