THE OFFICIAL "JEZZBALL" Thread Anyone remember this addicting game? EDIT: Its Just BORING now.

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
FIFTH EDIT

Original Topic Title: THE OFFICIAL "JEZZBALL" Thread Anyone remember this addicting game? it was from one of the Microsoft Entertainment Packs.

11,000,000+ Points on Jezzball Picture

OK Now I'm bored :( I have 11,000,000+ points I reached a plateau The game just repeats at level 49 Max of 50 balls. I already have a pattern to beat it and I ALWAYS end with 10-30 lives left. I can go on forever. I can only lose if my computer crashes or my power goes out or I get jumpy and click to soon. That's how people get those SUPER high scores by just repeating the same style of playing with their own pattern. I'll keep going though until my computer crashes.

I've played level 49 now over 20 times it doesn't get any harder after level 49.

FIFTH EDIT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOURTH EDIT

Damn I'm tired, I paused the game currently I am at 7,000,000+ Points. I've made it to level 49 so there are 50 balls now. I will continue tomarrow.

Sorry "TechnoPro" but you should just give up. ;)

FOURTH EDIT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD EDIT

Got a NEW High Score 1,756,540 Level 30

So "TechnoPro" I believe you challenged me to beat your score well I did by 700,000+ Points so
I believe it's time to get busy. :cool:

Oh and "Stojakapimp" I'm coming for you. :Q

THIRD EDIT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND EDIT
Well I just found out that there are some people out there with high scores in the Tens of Millions even 200,000,000+ It's amazing. But hell it took me 3 hours to get my score of 948,106 so I can't imagine how long it takes to get on this list:

ALL TIME TOP SCORES

SECOND EDIT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST EDIT
I just had the GAME of my life Before my high score was just over 200,000+ points but I just got 948,106 LEVEL 27

Proof

Awesome, One of my better Boards

Level 27

Man that game took almost 3 hours to play.

This game is so great even though its a little 80kb zip file.

Come on people give me a goal to beat, post your pics of high scores.

FIRST EDIT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to play this game in the Early to Mid 90's I forgot how addicting this game was, My brother reminded me about it recently and I've dug out my old floppy disk and man I love this game.

Here's a site you can check out.

A link on some info on how to get Jezzball and some other Variations of the game

So how many of you played this back in the day?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Jezzball rocks. I used to play it all the time in 5th grade on my teacher's laptop. That was a very unproductive year. :p

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
Originally posted by: So
I have it in a 26kb .rar file, if anyone wants it. I'm not gonna post it publicly, since that's a bit questionable.

Man you better not get my thread LOCKED because of your offer. :|

I'm sure people know how to get the original if they want it. Be a little discreet next time. The links I provided were all they needed.

MODS:
The links I provided did not offer the original from MS for Download.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Epoman
<snip>

Man you better not get my thread LOCKED because of your offer. :|

I'm sure people know how to get the original if they want it. Be a little discreet next time. The links I provided were all they needed.

MODS:
The links I provided did not offer the original from MS for Download.

instead of quoting me, you could have asked me to remove it. :|

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
<offer removed due to paranoia>

No not paranoia just trying to not condone Piracy, Jezzball is STILL owned my MS. You offered to send it to people via a .rar file.

TechnoPro

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2003
The memories... I searched my hard drive and luckily I still have a copy. I'm up to almost 600,000 right now. My all time high score was just shy of 2 million.

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
i think its in the public domain now actually so you can post it with no fear....

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: kermalou
i think its in the public domain now actually so you can post it with no fear....

That was my impression. It's definitely abandonware, so it's at least debateable.

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
anyone used to play hover.exe on the windows 95 install cd ?

u know the one, with the hovercraft, and u had to collect the flags and stuff?

pretty weird. Also remember weezer.avi on that same cd ? :D

alexjohnson16

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2002
I could never figure out why Buddy Holly was on the Win95 disc...

I played that too, lol... I thought I was so cool cause no one else that I knew had any idea how to do it (I was 9)...

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Heh. I had it for my TI-83 (This is before I grew up and got a REAL calculator). I sucked at it.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I like PipeDream better.

I still load the ent.pack from time to time, they all seem to work fine in XP.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Heh. I had it for my TI-83 (This is before I grew up and got a REAL calculator). I sucked at it.

yeah I played this one my ti-86 along w/ tetris

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
Originally posted by: TechnoPro
The memories... I searched my hard drive and luckily I still have a copy. I'm up to almost 600,000 right now. My all time high score was just shy of 2 million.

Ant tips you can share with me I can't get past level 15, There are a total of 49 levels. Well 49 is the max number of balls but the levels can go higher BUT the number of balls stop at 49. I know how to stop the ball but still any tricks or tips you can share?

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
Originally posted by: kermalou

That was my impression. It's definitely abandonware, so it's at least debateable.

Well if it is Public Domain then let me know I know a place that links to ALL of the Entertainment Packs games all 28 of them for download for free.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by: alexjohnson16
chips challenge > *.

lol. chips challenge is also an awesome game. i was always curious about what the next level will look like, and that's the main reason why i liked playing it.

i quit playing it not because i finished it all, but because i found out how to decode the password to all of the levels by opening the executable with norton commander (or whatever editor it was back in the days, yeah i know, it's pretty lame.. heheh), so i can basically go to whichever level that i want, even if i haven't passed the previous levels.