----------THE OFFICIAL CURRENTLY PLAYING THREAD------------

Pugnate

Jun 25, 2006
I see these sort of threads on other forums, and thought we could use it here. Post here often, and let everyone know what you are playing, and what you've finished recently.

I've been playing Bioshock, which I am loving. Great game, dripping with atmosphere. UT3 is a lot fun online... the kind of fun that has you cussing out loud in pure joy mixed with disbelief.

I find myself returning to Oblivion after six months of hiatus. I still haven't finished it, and with the tons of great mods available on the PC, the experience has transformed into something like looks far more gorgeous, and plays with a lot more balance.

Last game I finished was Portal, and I found the length to be perfect. There was only so much they could do with that mechanic, and I thought it was a great title overall.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I'm really only playing TF2 right now and LOTRO once a week with a consistent group of people.

As a side note I had to mute my first player in TF2 yesterday; absolute idiot that would just not shut-up and there were no mods on the server to boot his sorry butt. Anyway, just wanted to say thank goodness for the mute function! :)

KT

Edit: What makes this official? :confused:

themisfit610

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2006
Crysis - SO pretty. Holy crap. Even the boring zero g level was gorgeous. Was a HUGE fan of the levels leading up to that, and am currently enjoying the carrier level.

Supreme Commander - Getting tired of it, need to get Forged Alliance

Enemy Territory Quake Wars - Can't seem to get into it, missing BF2 :(

Recently played Portal, LOVED it. Episode 2, LOVED it as well. Other than that, put in Far Cry, still pretty decent... that's about it. I need something new to devour!

~MiSfit

Chriscross3234

Jun 4, 2006
Let's see...

TF2
Oblivion (using FCOM Convergence and QTP III)
Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms (Stainless Steel and Deus Lo Vult Mods)
The Witcher
Gothic III (Community Patch 1.52)

Planning on buying either Crysis, Bioshock, or UT3 within the next few days, I can't decide.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
PC: The Witcher, Crysis

Console: Gripshift (xbox live arcade)

PSP: Castlevania, Silent Hill Origin

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
mostly cod4 but i'm really getting burnt out on it. need new maps and guns to make it interesting again.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
WoW is the only game left that I play on my PC. I guess that puts me in the majority of the PC gaming market at least.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
I'm jumping back and forth between Battlefield 2 (still fun) and Portal (advanced test chambers, challenge chambers, etc.)

Just finished BioShock a couple weeks ago and Gears of War PC earlier this week, which was an incredibly good game but Live for Windows is a crime against humanity.

Tried the UT3 demo - felt too familiar for me to put my money behind a retail copy.

Played the CoD 4 demo - I remain completely unimpressed by that series. Way too linear, no tactical gameplay, inconsistent gameworld.

Been spending some time in STALKER lately too (some GREAT mods there), and dabbling in TF2 from time to time.

Downloading the Crysis demo as we speak. Considering the Witcher, but not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger on it.

I'm always in between stuff. It's been a busy holiday season.

OhSnap688

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2006
*Smartass response alert*

I'm not playing anything right now, cause I'm reading the forums :p

Vidda

Sep 29, 2004
Was playing UT3 until Christmas came and went and it still has such a small-ass tdm/ctf community. Now mostly TF2 and maybe CoD4.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Pugnate
I see these sort of threads on other forums, and thought we could use it here. Post here often, and let everyone know what you are playing, and what you've finished recently.

I've been playing Bioshock, which I am loving. Great game, dripping with atmosphere. UT3 is a lot fun online... the kind of fun that has you cussing out loud in pure joy mixed with disbelief.

I find myself returning to Oblivion after six months of hiatus. I still haven't finished it, and with the tons of great mods available on the PC, the experience has transformed into something like looks far more gorgeous, and plays with a lot more balance.

Last game I finished was Portal, and I found the length to be perfect. There was only so much they could do with that mechanic, and I thought it was a great title overall.

Weird, some of what you are doing is mirroring my gaming somewhat. If you haven't already, make *sure* you play the expansion Shivering Isles - overall it is better than Oblivion. Sadly i didn't care for the BS universe very much and am really getting tired of "dark" games ... that was reinforced by the last dark game i finished - well ~400 hours into Hellgate: London if you count my starting with the online beta and putting time into 4 characters finishing at the 'capped' Level 50 as a Summoner on "Nightmare" difficulty almost completely thru the game twice. :Q

i went back to Gothic3 - imo, the game is equally beautiful when compared to Oblivion; only the *bugs* and broken quests destroyed the experience for me 2 years ago. :(
-- i am really enjoying it now with the Community 1.52 patch - but to be fair, it *still crashes* - "out of memory" even with 4GB of RAM about every 2 hours [usually on a load] - but it doesn't take down the OS anymore. AND load and save times are much much faster. Fortunately, i forgot most of the story as i was fighting "bugs" in this too-quickly released game ... this time there is no frustration and i can enjoy it.

My next game will be Condemned if i can get back to "dark" by then ... or maybe the Witcher.

i actually set down HL2-EP2 in the middle to play Hg:L and i haven't yet returned to play it .. same thing happened with Ep1. i didn't care very much for Portal. :p

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: OhSnap688
*Smartass response alert*

I'm not playing anything right now, cause I'm reading the forums :p

Oh Snap! :Q

KT

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
PC gaming is on hold for me since I'm bored of TF2 and Crysis patch still isn't out. Ph, and nothing's coming out, wtf?

Currently on PS3 and doing Ratchet & Clank; I should get shot for this, but geeez, this game is way too drawn out and long, just freaking end so I can move on!

Pugnate

Jun 25, 2006
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: Pugnate

Weird, some of what you are doing is mirroring my gaming somewhat. If you haven't already, make *sure* you play the expansion Shivering Isles - overall it is better than Oblivion. Sadly i didn't care for the BS universe very much and am really getting tired of "dark" games ... that was reinforced by the last dark game i finished - well ~400 hours into Hellgate: London if you count my starting with the online beta and putting time into 4 characters finishing at the 'capped' Level 50 as a Summoner on "Nightmare" difficulty almost completely thru the game twice. :Q

i went back to Gothic3 - imo, the game is equally beautiful when compared to Oblivion; only the *bugs* and broken quests destroyed the experience for me 2 years ago. :(
-- i am really enjoying it now with the Community 1.52 patch - but to be fair, it *still crashes* - "out of memory" even with 4GB of RAM about every 2 hours [usually on a load] - but it doesn't take down the OS anymore. AND load and save times are much much faster. Fortunately, i forgot most of the story as i was fighting "bugs" in this too-quickly released game ... this time there is no frustration and i can enjoy it.

My next game will be Condemned if i can get back to "dark" by then ... or maybe the Witcher.

i actually set down HL2-EP2 in the middle to play Hg:L and i haven't yet returned to play it .. same thing happened with Ep1. i didn't care very much for Portal. :p

I bought the Shivering Isles expansion, and installed it a while back. Haven't gotten round to exploring it yet, because I am not done with Oblivion.

The world leveling up with me really pisses me off though. It takes away any sense of accomplishment, and leveling up seems pointless. That's why I keep leaving the game. But then I get sucked back in eventually.

scrubman

Jul 6, 2000
Gears of War - single and co-op.. that game is kickass if you can play it wihtout a fresh WInXP install! The flying critters that tear you to shreds if you walk out of the light have made me jump back a few times.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: scrubman
Gears of War - single and co-op.. that game is kickass if you can play it wihtout a fresh WInXP install! The flying critters that tear you to shreds if you walk out of the light have made me jump back a few times.

Meh, GoW was cool the first time I played it on a friend's 360. I like the camera and the cover system, but the combat seems to get old fast. And the environments are all pretty much the same - dark and gray. And baddies take forever to die. And I hate over-the-shoulder shooters (despite the fact that the camera movement was cool....).

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I'm currently playing Freespace 2, System Shock 2, Aquaria, Shoddy, and Bunny Must Die...

I'm kind of overloaded, and I'm also thinking of purchasing the witcher.

As for games just finished, I worked my way through the OB from launch, and my TF2 hours are starting to dwindle now.