----------THE OFFICIAL CURRENTLY PLAYING THREAD------------

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Not really playing a whole lot these days. I picked up Titan Quest gold last week for my laptop when I am on the road, its a fun game and exactly what I wanted (a good diablo clone).

At home it is usually rock band, I have not fired up TF2 in a while.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I'm playing my Oblivion level 1 campaign. I'm trying to get as far as possible in the game at level 1, and then only leveling up to proceed as much as necessary and no more. I wanna beat the game at the lowest level I can accomplish.

Randskey

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2001
Level 19 Evoker in Hellgate: London. The game does not have that eerie, foreboding 'evil-is-lurking-in-the-background' mood that Diablo had but it still sucks much of my free gaming time. There's just much greater satisfaction when you see the fancy weapons you found (or upgraded) in action as well as witnessing the damage effects on the bogeys vs. the isometric view of the Diablo series. Playing solo on this and it continues to be a fun ride - agree that the tilesets may look familiar as you progress but for me it does not detract from gameplay.

SupCom and StarCraft give be the RTS respite from Hellgate. And if that does not work, Table Tennis on XBox 360 usually gets me my gaming fix.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: thraashman
I'm playing my Oblivion level 1 campaign. I'm trying to get as far as possible in the game at level 1, and then only leveling up to proceed as much as necessary and no more. I wanna beat the game at the lowest level I can accomplish.
I dont recall anything in the main quest that requires you to level up.
Interestingly enough, you can also beat the game without killing anyone or anything.
The last guy in the game can be hit with a paralysis spell and you can run into the portal behind him.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Originally posted by: thraashman
I dont recall anything in the main quest that requires you to level up.
Interestingly enough, you can also beat the game without killing anyone or anything.
The last guy in the game can be hit with a paralysis spell and you can run into the portal behind him.

You have to sacrifice a Deadric artifact at one point in the game, and from checking there's two Daedric quests that list requirement to be at level 2 to get it, and none that don't have a level requirement.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
BF2 with Desert Conflict mod (CTF baby!)
BF2 with Nations At War mod
BF2 with AIX mod
BF2142
Texas Hold'em on my Blackberry...

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
With friends we are playing

Company of Heroes: oppsing fronts
BFME2 with witch king exp
SupCom Forged Alliance
Half Life 2: Synergy COOP mod