The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONT'D

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Due to circumstances that actually were in our control, the previous thread has been locked and further discussion shall be posted here.

My wife Scout and I wish to apologize for any resultant inconvenience.

Perknose
Forum Director

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Oh this just keeps getting better and better...
(BTW, this case was dropped today)
You just can't make up this level of incompetence and graft going on.
A campaign attorney for President Donald Trump was caught calling his own business partner as a witness during a Thursday hearing on alleged electoral irregularities in Arizona.
Kory Langhofer is leading the White House’s increasingly impossible efforts to overturn election results in Maricopa County where the 45th president was handily defeated by Joe Biden, leading to the Democrat’s razor-sharp victory margin in the Grand Canyon State.
To that end, Langhofer called witness Zack Alcyone–who just so happens to be the co-founder of petition analysis company Signafide. The company’s other co-founder? Kory Langhofer.

• Haha
Reactions: dawp and BUTCH1

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think its time this thread died. The election is over, Biden won, SOMEONE NEEDS TO START A ""PRESIDENTIAL TRANSITION"" thread. I'll let someone else do that.

Reactions: jameny5 and Ken g6

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
McSally conceded. She wasn’t going to budge as long as Trump had lawsuits pending in Arizona even though she got her ass handed to her by Mark Kelly. She is a Trumphumper to the end. I wonder if she realizes that her terribad performance brought out the vote that cost Trump Arizona?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Somebody wake me up when Trump finally accepts the inevitable and concedes.

Reactions: pmv

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
The current leads by Biden in contested states AFTER all lawsuits.
So far, every lawsuit (except one lawsuit over a technical rule on how late LEGITAMITE ballots can be received in PA) has been lost.
AZ - 10,988
GA - 14,172
MI - 148,382
MN - 233,394
NV - 35,361
PA - 62,407
WI - 20,546

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Evidently no one actually believes Trump won this election.

The Reuters/Ipsos national opinion survey, which ran from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday, found that 79% of U.S. adults believe Biden won the White House. Another 13% said the election has not yet been decided, 3% said Trump won and 5% said they do not know.

Everyone knows he lost. Even the people who wanted him to win. He really just needs to GTFO.

Reactions: jameny5

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
In a world of mirrors... I wonder if the rest of the dem party will turn on their beliefs if/when AOC and squad gains critical mass/base... they gonna be forever Squad’ers from one day to the next? (I mean that sounds great to me but...)

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I would die laughing if all the recounts end up tossing a bunch of Trump ballots and Sleepy Joe actually extends his lead.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
"Stop the Steal" website and pretty much the entire online movement have been astroturfed by Roger Stone and Steve Bannon.

Interesting thing is that the website was originally started in 2015, to potentially use to claim that Trump's republican opponents in the primary had cheated him. He didn't lose, so they didn't use it at the time.

This has been an electoral strategy of Trump going all the way back to the beginning. He was always going to use this if he lost any election.

What's fascinating to me is that something which is so telegraphed as this, that certain people don't find it the least bit suspicious...

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
"Stop the Steal" website and pretty much the entire online movement have been astroturfed by Roger Stone and Steve Bannon.

Interesting thing is that the website was originally started in 2015, to potentially use to claim that Trump's republican opponents in the primary had cheated him. He didn't lose, so they didn't use it at the time.

This has been an electoral strategy of Trump going all the way back to the beginning. He was always going to use this if he lost any election.

What's fascinating to me is that something which is so telegraphed as this, that certain people don't find it the least bit suspicious...
Just read that, here is something that made me cringe,

"Clean your guns," said Dustin Stockton, one of the administrators of the Facebook Stop the Steal group, on a Facebook Live Stream video to his followers. "Things are going to get worse before they get better."

So we now have a large amount of disgruntled guns owners who are being fed the "we were robbed!" shit-story
and eventually it's gonna get ugly. This is your new GOP party folks, we will stoop to the level of enticing domestic
violence if need be.

• Wow
Reactions: pmv

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Just read that, here is something that made me cringe,

"Clean your guns," said Dustin Stockton, one of the administrators of the Facebook Stop the Steal group, on a Facebook Live Stream video to his followers. "Things are going to get worse before they get better."

So we now have a large amount of disgruntled guns owners who are being fed the "we were robbed!" shit-story
and eventually it's gonna get ugly. This is your new GOP party folks, we will stoop to the level of enticing domestic
violence if need be.

What would their plan be? There isn't some Democratic base they can attack. Will they try to take over the Whitehouse once Biden is sworn in? Take over the capitol of some blue states? I don't see a scenario when any militia wouldn't be overwhelmed by law enforcement.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
What would their plan be? There isn't some Democratic base they can attack. Will they try to take over the Whitehouse once Biden is sworn in? Take over the capitol of some blue states? I don't see a scenario when any militia wouldn't be overwhelmed by law enforcement.
Oh, I'm not worried about any militia vs law enforcement or National guard but the solo wing-nuts attacking civilians
out of desperation.

Reactions: jameny5

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Oh, I'm not worried about any militia vs law enforcement or National guard but the solo wing-nuts attacking civilians
out of desperation.

What about law enforcement or national guard that are sympathetic (maybe even on a large scale) to said militias?

This is where all the demonizing of the police and defunding talk could really come back to bite the left if there was some sort of real chaos or destabilization.