The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONT'D

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Evidently no one actually believes Trump won this election.

Everyone knows he lost. Even the people who wanted him to win. He really just needs to GTFO.
He's all about saving face now and the only way he knows is to claim that the election was rigged and that if fraudulent ballots were discounted he'd emerge the winner. No evidence needed, it's his gut feeling and he has plenty of gut to feel with. Not much functioning brain power. He doesn't have a self. He has a surrogate self made up from a projection of his base that he nurtures in what passes for his mind, an ever evolving morass fed by his insatiable appetite for media coverage of himself.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Jesus, at least bump off Susan Collins.

Any election were she's on the other side of the aisle and returns to the Senate is the worst rigging job ever.

Damn, Ds lost house seats lol.

This is a conspiracy so dumb only a Trumper could believe it
EXACTLY, and that's the point I make any time a trumper starts chirping about anything "cheating", for Christ's sake all
they would have needed to bump Hillary over the line was less than 25K votes across three states, she won the general election anyway so no one would have suspected squat. The give Biden the win but inexplicably saddle him with a GOP
senate, oh yea, throw in 6 lost house seats as well.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Well the idea that the election was 'rigged' is so obviously mad - and so obviously motivated by racism plus a soupçon of narcissism - that I don't know that it merits engaging with. The funniest part is the notion that the Democrats are smart and well-organised enough to pull off such an astonishing feat.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Uh Oh, Trump found that it is a rigged election after all.

Until of course you look for the actual facts.

Clark County Registrar of Voters Joe Gloria reported to the commission on Monday that there were 139 ballot discrepancies in District C, and Miller defeated Republican opponent Stavros Anthony by only 10 votes out of 153,162 cast. As a result of the discrepancies, the commission voted not to certify the District C results and instead call Gloria back to its first December meeting to present a plan for a special election.

News link

So in this race for one of seven county commissioners in Clark County in Nevada out of 153,162 votes there were 139 ballots that had discrepancies. The margin of victory was only 10 votes and this is less that the 139 discrepancies they decided to have a special election. This has been spun to mean that they are throwing out all of the results of the election and that means that Trump has won the national election.

/S

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump is picking crumbs off the floor because that's all that's left of his attempt at well, actually trying to do some hopelessly futile stealing of his own. His other problem is he's having a very difficult time trying to salvage his deflated ego that got stomped into the tear drops he and his supporters shed at their pity parties of denial being held across the nation.

In the predicament Trump and his followers now find themselves in, having hope that Trump will somehow bring victory over the overwhelming evidence to the contrary is a very cruel and painful thing to cling to.

Sucks to be them, especially when they have no one else to blame but themselves for Trump's defeat. They decided to play dirty and thought they could get away with it. They decided to let Trump be Trump because they thought it's what the nation deserved. So they gave him his freedom, sat back and admired the chaos and the damage Trump was causing and regaled in the "whining and anger" coming from those who justifiably pointed out how his incompetency, his inflated ego, his personal financial debts to foreign agents and his personality disorders were creating security risks to the nation.

Stuffing their just deserts in their mouths and swallowing it whole must be an unbelievably sour and wretched experience, especially when many of them thought Trump could not be beaten by the likes of a "Sleepy Creepy Joe whose senility made him unfit".

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
EXACTLY, and that's the point I make any time a trumper starts chirping about anything "cheating", for Christ's sake all
they would have needed to bump Hillary over the line was less than 25K votes across three states, she won the general election anyway so no one would have suspected squat. The give Biden the win but inexplicably saddle him with a GOP

The duality of Democrats.

Both phenomenally skillful at engineering vast, secret conspiracies to seize power, yet also stunningly incompetent at actually winning the elections.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Trump is picking crumbs off the floor because that's all that's left of his attempt at well, actually trying to do some hopelessly futile stealing of his own. His other problem is he's having a very difficult time trying to salvage his deflated ego that got stomped into the tear drops he and his supporters shed at their pity parties of denial being held across the nation.

In the predicament Trump and his followers now find themselves in, having hope that Trump will somehow bring victory over the overwhelming evidence to the contrary is a very cruel and painful thing to cling to.

Sucks to be them, especially when they have no one else to blame but themselves for Trump's defeat. They decided to play dirty and thought they could get away with it. They decided to let Trump be Trump because they thought it's what the nation deserved. So they gave him his freedom, sat back and admired the chaos and the damage Trump was causing and regaled in the "whining and anger" coming from those who justifiably pointed out how his incompetency, his inflated ego, his personal financial debts to foreign agents and his personality disorders were creating security risks to the nation.

Stuffing their just deserts in their mouths and swallowing it whole must be an unbelievably sour and wretched experience, especially when many of them thought Trump could not be beaten by the likes of a "Sleepy Creepy Joe whose senility made him unfit".
As a LOL side-show saw trump 2020 flags being sold with the following pitch, "get them now to avoid the Dems buying them all up!", yea, OK, that's the #1 thing on my list as a Dem, a trump 2020 flag, the lulz is amazing, got to tweak every last cent out of the chumps while the iron's still hot.

Reactions: tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
As a LOL side-show saw trump 2020 flags being sold with the following pitch, "get them now to avoid the Dems buying them all up!", yea, OK, that's the #1 thing on my list as a Dem, a trump 2020 flag, the lulz is amazing, got to tweak every last cent out of the chumps while the iron's still hot.

Wonder how they're going to pitch all of those Trumpie Bears that didn't sell too well. If it were me, I'd try to sell it to the Dems as punching bags or voodoo dolls that they can work off those years of frustration and exasperation on while watching Trump trying to turn our nation into his own subsidiary of Trump Inc.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
There's some discussion of the ground game of the GOP having been way more robust because the Democrats have been way more careful about covid contagion, thus accounting for GOP gains in the House and the not materializing flip of the Senate.

Yeah, the fact that Biden's victory didn't bring the blue wave demolishes the fraud allegation BS.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Louis Gohmert, Congressman from Crazytown: US Army confiscated voting equipment from a Spanish company in Germany.

Narrator: No, they didn’t.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Madison Cawthorn thinks Congress voted on the Emancipation Proclamation.

He also talks about converting Jews to Christianity, because you aren’t a real Christian if you don’t convert others.

Jeez... North Carolina ... This idiot is the best you could do?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Madison Cawthorn thinks Congress voted on the Emancipation Proclamation.

He also talks about converting Jews to Christianity, because you aren’t a real Christian if you don’t convert others.

Jeez... North Carolina ... This idiot is the best you could do?

Bring back The Crusade!

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Reactions: alexruiz and Muse

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
The Georgia Secretary of State says Republican Senators and members of Congress are trying to pressure him to throw out valid ballots. He and his wife are getting death threats.

Doesn’t this guy know that he is supposed to put the Party ahead of the Country? The constitution is just a piece of paper.

State police should pull phone records and go after the bastards.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think the most important thing here is the line "Turnout increased among Black voters, but less so than among some other groups". From what I saw about voter participation, Black voters are pretty much in line with their demographics in making up the electorate in Georgia.
Stacy Abrams, from what I've been hearing is a spark plug, inspired genius and hopefully will majorly help in the runoff to get out the black vote and any other for the Democrats.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So in this race for one of seven county commissioners in Clark County in Nevada out of 153,162 votes there were 139 ballots that had discrepancies. The margin of victory was only 10 votes and this is less that the 139 discrepancies they decided to have a special election. This has been spun to mean that they are throwing out all of the results of the election and that means that Trump has won the national election.

!@#$, I didn't realize until just now. Republicans are masters of string theory.

• Haha
Reactions: IronWing

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Stacy Abrams, from what I've been hearing is a spark plug, inspired genius and hopefully will majorly help in the runoff to get out the black vote and any other for the Democrats.

leading up to the election, i can't tell you how many ads i saw on youtube from various democrats (including abrams) to donate. it was annoying.

but after seeing what she accomplished - i will absolutely be sending some $$ to GA for the runoff.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

It will be interesting. It appears to be an uphill battle. I imagine Republicans feel that parroting Trump's rigged election BS is the pathway to energize their base for the special election. Both Loeffler and Perdue have come out asking Raffensperger to resign with basically no basis whatsoever. Aiming to win these runoffs may be why so many Republicans have stepped up to bat for Trump here or at least remained silent, but how long can they keep the nonsense going? The cost is awful, but once you've already sold out to the belief that the alternative is anathema, there really isn't any grounds to stand on moral principle left.