The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONT'D

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But they were ILLEGAL VOTES!!! /s

I have a friend that insist that there were ONLY 130m registered voters so anything above that were illegal votes.
Surprised it's not 74 million

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
No one is escaping the wrath of the loser.

"Trump is turning on Pence" as his anger over his election loss grows: report | Salon.com

President Donald Trump has turned on everyone -- including Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell -- as he continues trying to overturn his election loss to Joe Biden.

The president has been meeting with conspiracy theorists and other fringe characters in the Oval Office to discuss ways to override the will of the voters and the U.S. Constitution, and Axios co-founder Mike Allen reported that Trump has grown paranoid about his own vice president and the Republican majority leader.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It goes back to the question raised before Trump even took office, "Does Trump understand that he can't fire Pence?"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The despondency ... *smacks lips* quelle joie, so delicious... Denial is still strong with these people, yet they claim to be Americans and supposedly understand math. I don't think there's a shot for that.

She hates everything.
That seems possibly fake to me but I have to say the emotional meltdown of the ‘fuck your feelings’ crowd is absolutely hilarious.

It seems like a bunch of people who felt emasculated and shitty their whole lives who had four glorious years where they felt everyone had to pay attention to them and act as if they are important. Now that it’s over they can’t bear returning to that feeling.

Reactions: Thump553 and BUTCH1

ralfy

Jul 22, 2013
IMO the only solution is to throw out the votes in the 28 states that use Dominion voting machines, starting with Louisiana, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio, Alaska and Tennessee. We should also recount the 2016 elections as well, as these machines were also used in some states in those elections.

Although there hasn't been any evidence of any machine tampering, and most issues that were found were actually human errors, the only possible solution available to us is to completely invalidate the election and give Trump four more years. Yes, I know that the the paper-trail ballots match the electronic counting, but the President is complaining, so there must be something wrong.

I think the problem isn't just the 2016 elections but even earlier ones, i.e., back to even 2000, given documentaries from HBO (in 2004 and last March) and others. The major concern for me following the two videos from Coffee County is the point that the system has no safeguards for overvoting, duplicate ballots, etc., except through adjudication, and that adjudication has no safeguards as well because users are allowed to modify and then accept ballots.

But the greater concern is the needed for manual verification of mail-in ballots (that is, not even paper ballots matching electronic counting but checking names, addresses, and signatures in ballots), a concern raised by former Presidents like Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama when they faced similar problems during elections for the Senate, and even by the NY Times almost a decade ago.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
That seems possibly fake to me but I have to say the emotional meltdown of the ‘fuck your feelings’ crowd is absolutely hilarious.

It seems like a bunch of people who felt emasculated and shitty their whole lives who had four glorious years where they felt everyone had to pay attention to them and act as if they are important. Now that it’s over they can’t bear returning to that feeling.
Yup, nail hit on head directly, for 4 years they got to strut around with "fuck your feelings" trump T-shirts and now that the shoe's on the other foot they realize the future is a quick sinking into irrelevance and a lot of $$ wasted on trump memorabilia, the LOSER of the election.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Yup, nail hit on head directly, for 4 years they got to strut around with "fuck your feelings" trump T-shirts and now that the shoe's on the other foot they realize the future is a quick sinking into irrelevance and a lot of $$ wasted on trump memorabilia, the LOSER of the election.

I don't think Trumpism is going anywhere. They like what they had with Trump and it's going to be a "chase the dragon" where they'll line up just to vote for the next time Trump or Jr. or Ivanka makes them feel like they did before. And it's quite obvious what their agenda is... just stay in power.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I don't think Trumpism is going anywhere. They like what they had with Trump and it's going to be a "chase the dragon" where they'll line up just to vote for the next time Trump or Jr. or Ivanka makes them feel like they did before. And it's quite obvious what their agenda is... just stay in power.
Sadly, I agree, although it's fun watching them squirm to facing the upcoming reality that Biden will be sworn in on January 20th, an equivalent emotional experince to a dry rectal probe is coming and they can't do a damm thing about it. When I actually stop and think that a sitting POTUS who lost a 100% legit election is calling out for the likes of proud boys to
come to DC on the 5th when Congress meets to confirm the electors is insane. Oh, wait, he said it will "be wild", this motherfucker would give zero shits if people were spilling blood in the streets as long as it kept his name relevant, how the fuck does this happen?.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I think the problem isn't just the 2016 elections but even earlier ones, i.e., back to even 2000, given documentaries from HBO (in 2004 and last March) and others. The major concern for me following the two videos from Coffee County is the point that the system has no safeguards for overvoting, duplicate ballots, etc., except through adjudication, and that adjudication has no safeguards as well because users are allowed to modify and then accept ballots.

But the greater concern is the needed for manual verification of mail-in ballots (that is, not even paper ballots matching electronic counting but checking names, addresses, and signatures in ballots), a concern raised by former Presidents like Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama when they faced similar problems during elections for the Senate, and even by the NY Times almost a decade ago.

There is zero evidence of significant or widespread voter fraud.

Zero.

Get to acceptance. Copium is a dangerous drug.

4logir.jpg

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

You're entitled to your concerns, despite how unfounded they are. Being concerned because something can happen doesn't mean it is happening. That's a psychological issue at work.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
and that adjudication has no safeguards as well because users are allowed to modify and then accept ballots.

What does that quoted bit _mean_? I don't understand what you are trying to say there. e.g. what are "users" in that context?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What does that quoted bit _mean_? I don't understand what you are trying to say there. e.g. what are "users" in that context?

He doesn't know. He's just entertaining conspiracy theory, repeating something he picked up, pretending to understand it.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
No one is escaping the wrath of the loser.

"Trump is turning on Pence" as his anger over his election loss grows: report | Salon.com

President Donald Trump has turned on everyone -- including Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell -- as he continues trying to overturn his election loss to Joe Biden.

The president has been meeting with conspiracy theorists and other fringe characters in the Oval Office to discuss ways to override the will of the voters and the U.S. Constitution, and Axios co-founder Mike Allen reported that Trump has grown paranoid about his own vice president and the Republican majority leader.

So ... now the Pence Card. Now ... he’s going to do something during the Congressional electoral vote certification....Any move by a VP to overturn the electoral vote certification would take some balls - big balls. Pence’s balls are in mother’s purse, in a contact lense case. He will be unable to deliver the goods.

Pence is a coward. And he’s screwed. He can’t do anything on January 6 other than blubber ineffectually. And then Trump will throw him under the bus. If he was at all smart, he’ll stay in bed on Jan 6, hiding under the covers.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Fingers crossed Pence takes the safe (and easy) way out and allows this country to heal. A surprise burst of evangelically motivated "duty" is what I hope we don't see. Same for any manner of help Pence might extend to Trump to pad whatever political future he has left with magat support. I want to say this a kids pitch Pence has to handle, but at the same time I know to never underestimate the ability of right wing christianity to fuck things up for the common good.

I hear Trump is destroying his party on the way out the door. Sounds good, except for the part where Americans in dire need are the ones paying for it. 24 days to go, but I expect Trump will still be getting Americans killed, deprived of food, shelter, and employment opportunities in his final 24 hours. Hang in there America, almost there. Adults take the wheel soon, no more governance via tantrum and quid pro quos.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So ... now the Pence Card. Now ... he’s going to do something during the Congressional electoral vote certification....Any move by a VP to overturn the electoral vote certification would take some balls - big balls. Pence’s balls are in mother’s purse, in a contact lense case. He will be unable to deliver the goods.

Pence is a coward. And he’s screwed. He can’t do anything on January 6 other than blubber ineffectually. And then Trump will throw him under the bus. If he was at all smart, he’ll stay in bed on Jan 6, hiding under the covers.

Nah. Pence will just serve as a functionary to the process because there's no way for Trump to win. He'll play it by the book. If the Trump Faithful make the right objections they can only force some pointless votes & delays, but that's it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Fingers crossed Pence takes the safe (and easy) way out and allows this country to heal. A surprise burst of evangelically motivated "duty" is what I hope we don't see. Same for any manner of help Pence might extend to Trump to pad whatever political future he has left with magat support. I want to say this a kids pitch Pence has to handle, but at the same time I know to never underestimate the ability of right wing christianity to fuck things up for the common good.

I hear Trump is destroying his party on the way out the door. Sounds good, except for the part where Americans in dire need are the ones paying for it. 24 days to go, but I expect Trump will still be getting Americans killed, deprived of food, shelter, and employment opportunities in his final 24 hours. Hang in there America, almost there. Adults take the wheel soon, no more governance via tantrum and quid pro quos.

I suspect Pence will do the right thing, if just because he'll feel like he has no choice. He has little to lose if he angers Trump, and much to lose if he entertains a coup attempt that won't succeed regardless. The biggest concern may be that diehard Trump loyalists brand him a 'traitor' and make some empty threats.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005

One missing signature and one mistaken signature out of 15k. Such a great concern! Note that even if we extrapolate to the whole state, it would mean 520 ballots state-wide (even assuming that they're all Biden votes for some reason, his margin was over ~22 times that).

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I suspect Pence will do the right thing, if just because he'll feel like he has no choice. He has little to lose if he angers Trump, and much to lose if he entertains a coup attempt that won't succeed regardless. The biggest concern may be that diehard Trump loyalists brand him a 'traitor' and make some empty threats.
Those people have traitorous intentions. I mean, to whom are they loyal? The United States of America or the baboon in the White House? The mofo lost, accept it or else.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Arizona voters approved a proposition to impose an income tax surcharge on high incomes. Rich Republicans, including Governor Ducey, don't like the new law so some of them went to court to try to overturn the election (there seems to be a theme here). The AZ Dept of Revenue was named in the suit and the AG sent an attorney to represent the Dept. That attorney vigorously defended the new law. Ducey was not pleased and fired the department head and deputy.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Add South Dakota, North Carolina and Wisconsin to the list of shitty state legislators subverting the will of their voters too. They have all been practicing anti-democratic behavior.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Nah. Pence will just serve as a functionary to the process because there's no way for Trump to win. He'll play it by the book. If the Trump Faithful make the right objections they can only force some pointless votes & delays, but that's it.
Yes, he is simply there in a procedural capacity and has no authority to overrun anything correct?

Here is a write up of how things are expected to take place.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Arizona voters approved a proposition to impose an income tax surcharge on high incomes. Rich Republicans, including Governor Ducey, don't like the new law so some of them went to court to try to overturn the election (there seems to be a theme here). The AZ Dept of Revenue was named in the suit and the AG sent an attorney to represent the Dept. That attorney vigorously defended the new law. Ducey was not pleased and fired the department head and deputy.

At some point, I hope rank and file Republican civil servants will realize who their masters are. Or else, maybe they're Republicans because they like getting f**ked over by rich people?