The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONT'D

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
A copy of the lawsuit and amici curiae brief can be found online. The gist is that there are thousands of violations in registration, voting, counting procedures, and can also be seen in light of data analyses submitted to various groups.

There's also an ongoing investigation in GA involving voting machines, with videos showing how they are not secure and presented in election hearings. The gist is that the machines tabulate ballots with no guards against overvoting, duplicates, and blank ballots except that they are put in adjudication. For the latter, instead of simply accepting or rejecting ballots, the software allows users to modify ballots, e.g., fill in blank ballots, change votes, overvote, etc.
I'm sure the SCOTUS would just love to dip into that can of worms... :rolleyes:

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
A copy of the lawsuit and amici curiae brief can be found online. The gist is that there are thousands of violations in registration, voting, counting procedures, and can also be seen in light of data analyses submitted to various groups.

There's also an ongoing investigation in GA involving voting machines, with videos showing how they are not secure and presented in election hearings. The gist is that the machines tabulate ballots with no guards against overvoting, duplicates, and blank ballots except that they are put in adjudication. For the latter, instead of simply accepting or rejecting ballots, the software allows users to modify ballots, e.g., fill in blank ballots, change votes, overvote, etc.
Has this been any different than previous elections? The only difference is that they're unhappy with the results. These machines, from what i understand, are actually mostly used In red states (e.g. Louisiana, Iowa, Missouri and Ohio) - if there's such huge issue with them, I wonder why Trump is not suing all such states.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

All these allegations have been reviewed by lower courts and found to be not credible. The Republicans pull shit out of their asses and file it in court.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

All these claims vs. the voting machines has been rejected as false.

Of course, the damning evidence is that the paper ballots match what the machines are showing in their tabulation....and have shown this over and over and over in each recount in GA....

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
All these claims vs. the voting machines has been rejected as false.

Of course, the damning evidence is that the paper ballots match what the machines are showing in their tabulation....and have shown this over and over and over in each recount in GA....
Honestly, I think Trump is counting on the support of people who prefer lies to truth. Isn't that what he stands for?

Reactions: Meghan54

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I believe there is a guillotine in Smithsonian. Time to bring it out and tune it up.

What is it with people threatening violence on this forum. Jesus Christ. Killing your opponents is not the basis for a democracy.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Opponents are the ones that don't commit treason. Attempting to overthrow a fair election is treason.

Shit you chaps killed a whole bunch of peaceful protesters, so get off your high horse.

Hey, if we're talking about heinous bullshit the British Empire pulled, let's not forget the Peterloo Massacre. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterloo_Massacre I grew up near Manchester, I know all about the sins of the past.

Awful shit has happened, and awful shit will happen in the future. But that doesn't mean that we should just stand by and ignore violent rhetoric and incitement to civil war, from either side.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Hey, if we're talking about heinous bullshit the British Empire pulled, let's not forget the Peterloo Massacre. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterloo_Massacre I grew up near Manchester, I know all about the sins of the past.

Awful shit has happened, and awful shit will happen in the future. But that doesn't mean that we should just stand by and ignore violent rhetoric and incitement to civil war, from either side.

I am not inciting anything. I am saying arrest them and try them for high treason, use the guilliotine afterwards. Let's see if they stop fucking with the democratic process.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

The Constitution and the rule of law are the fundamental tools for maintaining a civil society. When the Republican Party decides that neither apply to them, it is game over for civil solutions. So far, the Republicans have tossed out the Constitution.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

You need to dramatically improve your media diet.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The Constitution and the rule of law are the fundamental tools for maintaining a civil society. When the Republican Party decides that neither apply to them, it is game over for civil solutions. So far, the Republicans have tossed out the Constitution.
We may need re-education/de-programming centers in vacant big box stores. We can call it operation Olive Helmet.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I am not inciting anything. I am saying arrest them and try them for high treason, use the guilliotine afterwards. Let's see if they stop fucking with the democratic process.
Execute first. Ask questions later. On wait, this is Repugnacans MO

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
While killing the political opposition is obviously incredibly, hugely not the answer we have a very, very serious problem where a large portion of the Republican Party is attempting to destroy our system of government that has survived for 230 years and this needs to be taken very, very seriously.

This is an existential threat to the United States. It seems that because this attempt to destroy the country is so clownish it is not being treated as the threat it is.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This is all part and parcel of Trump's desire to avoid prosecution and not so much a thing where he actually and honestly feels the election got stolen from him. That he really doesn't care how ridiculous he looks and how heinous his attempts are at laying waste to our democracy in order to save his own skin is an amazing thing to witness. That his supporters are going along with Trump for his ride to freedom is much more of a threat to the nation's security and existence than Trump's silly yet treasonous attempts at defying the will of The People.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is all part and parcel of Trump's desire to avoid prosecution and not so much a thing where he actually and honestly feels the election got stolen from him. That he really doesn't care how ridiculous he looks and how heinous his attempts are at laying waste to our democracy in order to save his own skin is an amazing thing to witness. That his supporters are going along with Trump for his ride to freedom is much more of a threat to the nation's security and existence than Trump's silly yet treasonous attempts at defying the will of The People.
Yes, Trump could not possibly care less about the Constitution or democracy. If it got him what he wants he would gladly dispense with both.

What his supporters never seem to understand is that the EXACT same thing holds true for them too. If tomorrow Trump were informed that he could stay in power but every single one of his supporters had to die he would have absolutely no problem with that.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
destroy our system of government that has survived for 230 years and this needs to be taken very, very seriously.
Obviously I'm not saying I'm supporting what is happening, but as a Canadian, don't get why Americans are so stubborn about a 230 year old constitution? So many things in it are great values but there are more issues that no longer apply in today's society. Change needs to be done to that archaic rules written by a bunch of old white guys

Jan 25, 2011

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Obviously I'm not saying I'm supporting what is happening, but as a Canadian, don't get why Americans are so stubborn about a 230 year old constitution? So many things in it are great values but there are more issues that no longer apply in today's society. Change needs to be done to that archaic rules written by a bunch of old white guys

or change the Declaration of Independence to we the three fifth people.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think I’ve been very clear that the constitution has tons of huge problems and should absolutely be changed. I’m pretty fond of the the basic system of representative, federal democracy that started with it though.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Remember when conservatives accused liberals of refusing to accept election results? Lol...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Remember when conservatives accused liberals of refusing to accept election results? Lol...
And remember, their definition of ‘refusing to accept them’ was to concede the election but then accurately pointing out that the winner was the beneficiary of a criminal foreign intelligence operation that at a minimum, he actively encouraged.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And remember, their definition of ‘refusing to accept them’ was to concede the election but then accurately pointing out that the winner was the beneficiary of a criminal foreign intelligence operation that at a minimum, he actively encouraged.

Ah, the good ole days!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Clinton & the DNC filed zero lawsuits to overturn the election. Trump Co has filed at least 50, lost all but a very minor one so far.