The NRA answer to an assault weapons ban.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
You just furthered his point by showing more white males doing things in their own best interest in order to keep some one else down.

Implying there are no white Democrats.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Letter of Resignation Sent By Bush to Rifle Association

Following is the letter of resignation sent last week by former President George Bush to the National Rifle Association: May 3, 1995

Dear Mr. Washington,

I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as "jack-booted thugs." To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as "wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms" wanting to "attack law abiding citizens" is a vicious slander on good people.

Al Whicher, who served on my [ United States Secret Service ] detail when I was Vice President and President, was killed in Oklahoma City. He was no Nazi. He was a kind man, a loving parent, a man dedicated to serving his country -- and serve it well he did.

In 1993, I attended the wake for A.T.F. agent Steve Willis, another dedicated officer who did his duty. I can assure you that this honorable man, killed by weird cultists, was no Nazi.

John Magaw, who used to head the U.S.S.S. and now heads A.T.F., is one of the most principled, decent men I have ever known. He would be the last to condone the kind of illegal behavior your ugly letter charges. The same is true for the F.B.I.'s able Director Louis Freeh. I appointed Mr. Freeh to the Federal Bench. His integrity and honor are beyond question.

Both John Magaw and Judge Freeh were in office when I was President. They both now serve in the current administration. They both have badges. Neither of them would ever give the government's "go ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law abiding citizens." (Your words)

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.

You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list. Sincerely, [ signed ] George Bush

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/11/us/letter-of-resignation-sent-by-bush-to-rifle-association.html

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
No. duh.

No, duh.

Yet another straw man. What is your problem with rational argument? You are saying that more people with guns will lead to fewer gun deaths. I have seen no empirical evidence for such a thing, but plenty of counterfactual evidence for it. It is not that guns can never stop crime, it is that they can also make things much, much worse. Aurora is a great example of a place where more armed people in the theater probably would have led to even more casualties.

Is this "counterfactual evidence" based in the United States or completely irrelevant "evidence" based in a different country with different cultures, issues, government, mental health systems, etc..... I could go on for days..

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
People in the inner cities are profiled, harassed, etc. all the time. Our country has not developed for centuries by catering to people there. Rather, it has developed to the Republican White Male's struggle for supremacy, which has involved incredible amounts of oppression of those in the inner cities.

So your argument is that the bulk of the nations murders happening in inner cities are caused by to much police activity?????

Puff puff pass bro

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
So your argument is that the bulk of the nations murders happening in inner cities are caused by to much police activity?????

Puff puff pass bro

No, that's not my argument. My argument is that this country cannot cater to the destructive elements of the White Republican Male's culture. I'm stating that the people in the inner cities are not catered to like the White Republican Male.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
No, that's not my argument. My argument is that this country cannot cater to the destructive elements of the White Republican Male's culture. I'm stating that the people in the inner cities are not catered to like the White Republican Male.

So why then are there so much inner city gun violence? You are so full of crazy, and always looking for some racist angle to portray non racial issues.

And what are some examples of this catering you speak of? And some examples please of the "destructive elements of the White Republican Male's culture"? And WTF is this crazy talk doing in this thread?

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
So why then are there so much inner city gun violence? You are so full of crazy, and always looking for some racist angle to portray non racial issues.

That seems like it's completely unrelated to what I'm talking about.

And what are some examples of this catering you speak of? And some examples please of the "destructive elements of the White Republican Male's culture"? And WTF is this crazy talk doing in this thread?

This is a thread about the NRA and the assault weapons ban. This is my original post: "The time has come for this country to stop catering to the destructive elements of the culture of the White Republican Male." The obsession with guns is a destructive element of the culture of the White Republican Male. The Assault Weapons Ban may need to be reinstated despite the wishes of the White Republican Male's NRA. The needs of the entire country needs to be considered rather than only that of the White Republican Male.

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
That seems like it's completely unrelated to what I'm talking about.

This is a thread about the NRA and the assault weapons ban. This is my original post: "The time has come for this country to stop catering to the destructive elements of the culture of the White Republican Male." The obsession with guns is a destructive element of the culture of the White Republican Male. The Assault Weapons Ban may need to be reinstated despite the wishes of the White Republican Male's NRA. The needs of the entire country needs to be considered rather than only that of the White Republican Male.

I am really confused why you think gun violence is only attributed to white males who are republican. The ban is being discussed because of gun violence. Why are you only interested in white male republicans? Actually, scratch that and don't answer, I don't care what other crazy is going to come from your keyboard next.

Oh, and capitalizing the words white, republican, and male does not give your argument any legitimacy like you think it does.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I am really confused why you think gun violence is only attributed to white males who are republican. The ban is being discussed because of gun violence.

I am really confused why you think I think that.

The ban is opposed by many because it intrudes upon the culture of the White Republican Male.

Why are you only interested in white male republicans?

I'm not. Why do you think I'm only interested in them? Are you only interested in the White Republican Male?

Oh, and capitalizing the words white, republican, and male does not give your argument any legitimacy like you think it does.

Not capitalizing, or using them in another order other than White Republican Male, does not give your arguments any legitimacy, especially since you're just completely confused here.

Aug 14, 2001
The time has come for this country to stop catering to the destructive elements of the culture of the White Republican Male.

Yes, absolutely. As I've been saying for some time, our greatest current social problem is the self de-assimilation of millions of republican white men from American culture and society. They have become mentally sick and have begun to act out in even more violence.

Remember the FBI hate group report from when Obama was elected for the first time. I think that republican white men have been so used to being catered to/spoon-fed by racial-gender identity politics from the GOP that many have become mentally unstable as merely depending on the republican white male vote has proven to no longer be sufficient to win a national election.

So we have had republican white men who expect racial-gender identity politics to continue for them, but it's over. It's time to grow up and join American society and culture. I seriously think that Obama needs to do something here and I hope that there are provisions in Obamacare to address the mental health of republican white men.

Should all republican white men be sought for mental help? It cannot be forced onto them, but the services should be advertised towards them more. This is a social problem that must be solved.

Once white republican men have been helped by Obamacare, then they will be more agreeable to dropping the more destructive elements of their own culture.

Last edited:

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Why is it that the failure of a conservative policy is always somehow solved by even more of the same?

The shooter in front of the Empire State Building was confronted by several people with guns quite quickly... trained people with guns. Those trained people with guns ended up shooting way more people than the shooter did.

I can do this all day.

AFAIK cops are trained to empty the magazine bottom to top of the target. I've seen it in a couple of instances. A CCW holder isn't going to spray like that, especially in a crowded NY street. I can imagine 11 cops or whatever it was doing this = end badly. But it was what they were trained to do.

The right CCW holder in the right place would have ended the foot chase as oppose to the police just spraying bullets in a crowded street while giving chase. That obviously ended badly.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Yes, absolutely. As I've been saying for some time, our greatest current social problem is the self de-assimilation of millions of republican white men from American culture and society. They have become mentally sick and have begun to act out in even more violence.

Remember the FBI hate group report from when Obama was elected for the first time. I think that republican white men have been so used to being catered to/spoon-fed by racial-gender identity politics from the GOP that many have become mentally unstable as merely depending on the republican white male vote has proven to no longer be sufficient to win a national election.

So we have had republican white men who expect racial-gender identity politics to continue for them, but it's over. It's time to grow up and join American society and culture. I seriously think that Obama needs to do something here and I hope that there are provisions in Obamacare to address the mental health of republican white men.

Should all republican white men be sought for mental help? It cannot be forced onto them, but the services should be advertised towards them more. This is a social problem that must be solved.

Once white republican men have been helped by Obamacare, then they will be more agreeable to dropping the more destructive elements of their own culture.

What a racist you are. You and CoW have your own little hate group going on. You probably even have little outfits you wear.

Last edited:

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
All a school needs is 30+ percent of teachers and admins to concealed carry. There is no need to militarize schools in any way. Concealed carry is a right in many non-stupefied states. Obviously it should be a right in all 50 states.

onza

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
reviews.ragingazn.com
All a school needs is 30+ percent of teachers and admins to concealed carry. There is no need to militarize schools in any way. Concealed carry is a right in many non-stupefied states. Obviously it should be a right in all 50 states.

Problem is that the guns are "banned" from certain areas.. Schools, govt buildings, businesses etc..

If they would lift some of those bans, then crazy people wouldn't go to these areas knowing that the locations have a high chance of guns in the building.

Aug 14, 2001
What a racist you are. You and CoW have your own little hate group going on. You probably even have little outfits you wear.

I'm not a racist. I am fairly certain that you are the racist. You have been tricked by racial-gender identity politics.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Was anyone else amused that Lapierre was actually foaming at the mouth this morning on meet the press?

Aug 14, 2001
Still waiting for you to show one shred of evidence of this racial-gender identity politics.

Tick Tock......

Hey look, it's the guy who told us to pretend that black people don't exist! LOL!

You are a good example of the success of the GOP's racial-gender identity politics.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Hey look, it's the guy who told us to pretend that black people don't exist! LOL!

You are a good example of the success of the GOP's racial-gender identity politics.

Still waiting. Come on asshat, you have said it enough, infact you can barely make a post without saying it, surely you have some proof.

Aug 14, 2001
Still waiting. Come on asshat, you have said it enough, infact you can barely make a post without saying it, surely you have some proof.

Show me proof that black people don't exist. You can't. Yet you told us to pretend that they don't exist. Why? Because of the GOP's racial-gender identity politics that they threw at you and you slurped it all up.

It is probably even working with you on this guns issue, too. You care more about being catered to by special interests of the GOP with their racial-gender identity politics than anything else.