The night thousands of Nazis packed Madison Square Garden for a rally — and violence erupted

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
There is nothing new about the current Alt-Right movement that has taken control of the Republican Party, except for the fact that, for the first time in US history, a nationalist/fascist movement has taken control of a major party.

In 1939, to 22,000 supporters at Madison Square Garden, "German American Bund" leader Fritz Kuhn (known as the American Hitler) told his followers our president, Franklin D Roosevelt was "Frank D. Rosenfeld," calling his New Deal the "Jew Deal" and denouncing what he called "Bolshevik-Jewish American leadership." Kuhn also stated: "The Bund is fighting shoulder to shoulder with patriotic Americans to protect America from a race that is not the American race, that is not even a white race...The Jews are enemies of the United States." Most shocking was the outbreak of violence between Bund storm troopers and thousands of angry protesters in the streets. During Kuhn's speech, a Jewish protester, Isadore Greenbaum, rushed the stage and had to be rescued by police after he was beaten and stripped by storm troopers.

Does any of this sound familiar? It is the EXACT SAME rhetoric you hear today on virtually every far right website and message board. In virtually every conspiracy theory forum and on virtually every pro Trump forum.

This is the ugly underbelly of the new Republican Party. This is Trump's base. This is why he is glorified for his tin pot dictator attempts at "ruling" America. Because the party that elected him is busily glorifying Nazi principles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...ally-violence-erupted/?utm_term=.86f14c5bbe08

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Julius_Kuhn

Reactions: DarthKyrie and DaaQ

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In fact the obsession about George Soros resulted in the death of 11 people in that Pittsburgh synagogue

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In fact the obsession about George Soros resulted in the death of 11 people in that Pittsburgh synagogue

Soros hate is even bigger in Hungary & some other Eastern European countries. It's easier to push in those small regional languages than in English or Spanish, particularly with state media capture.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Did you expect something different? The internet allows all sorts of like minded people to come together and talk about whatever it is they believe in, even people with twisted minds. If it bothers you, don't go there.
Personally, I haven't seen the Nazism you speak of in the republican party, but I'm also not searching for it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Did you expect something different? The internet allows all sorts of like minded people to come together and talk about whatever it is they believe in, even people with twisted minds. If it bothers you, don't go there.
Personally, I haven't seen the Nazism you speak of in the republican party, but I'm also not searching for it.

Kinda: I did expect one of two major parties in the US to reject these people, rather than publicly and proudly embrace them. I'm not surprised by the ability of the internet to empower their ideas and organize these groups into a large, single movement--but to gain the power and exposure that they now have, you need major support from one of our primary political parties.

I guess I just overestimated the claimed moral and economic policy of the GOP, and how quickly they were to embrace Nazism as their party's central platform, with POTUS as the most powerful Nazi in the world today. Scary times.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Steve King? He's basically a Nazi in ideology, he just doesn't wave a swastika flag (he has, however, revered the Confederate flag).

For that matter, there's also Republicans fostering Soros conspiracy theories, the neo-Nazis who run as Republicans in districts the party considers hopeless... and, well, the scapegoating of brown people for all the country's problems.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Steve King? He's basically a Nazi in ideology, he just doesn't wave a swastika flag (he has, however, revered the Confederate flag).

For that matter, there's also Republicans fostering Soros conspiracy theories, the neo-Nazis who run as Republicans in districts the party considers hopeless... and, well, the scapegoating of brown people for all the country's problems.

Yep, as usual, Greenie here falls for the kinder gentler version and claims it's not the same.

Meanwhile, the entire base is awash in antisemitism, nationalism and white supremacy. Every right-wing conspiracy has, at it's core, the Jew as the boogeyman.

Reactions: greatnoob

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Right.....go right to the know-nothing rationale. Suits you.

Reactions: greatnoob

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...e-an-anti-semitic-slur-blame-bannon-1.5895925

How Did the Term 'Globalist' Become an anti-Semitic Slur? Blame Bannon

White supremacists have used the term as a barely concealed dog-whistle for several years, but the problem comes when it’s used in the ‘globalist vs. nationalist’ economic debate
SIgh, yeah - globalist as a pejorative term for Jews goes way, way back. Stalin used the term "rootless cosmopolitan" to refer to Jews back in the 40s. It's an awful insinuation - tries to permanently cement the idea that Jews (or Muslims, or whatever the demonized class/race/group of the day is) can never belong anywhere.

I try to steer clear of Internet bravado in my old age (my thirties), but fuck this nonsense. Happy to take up arms in whatever way is needed against Nazis.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
SIgh, yeah - globalist as a pejorative term for Jews goes way, way back. Stalin used the term "rootless cosmopolitan" to refer to Jews back in the 40s. It's an awful insinuation - tries to permanently cement the idea that Jews (or Muslims, or whatever the demonized class/race/group of the day is) can never belong anywhere.

I try to steer clear of Internet bravado in my old age (my thirties), but fuck this nonsense. Happy to take up arms in whatever way is needed against Nazis.

Yep, and it is the base of the modern GOP. The entire base is rotten, taken over by evangelical Nazis and white supremacists. It makes me sick. What was once a movement about personal responsibility, smaller government and individual liberty has been taken over by racist, fascist, conspiracy worshiping fucktards. Their duplicity in beliefs is astounding. They still preach the former but push for the latter. It can be seen among all their talking heads, cheerleaders and party leaders.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...e-an-anti-semitic-slur-blame-bannon-1.5895925

How Did the Term 'Globalist' Become an anti-Semitic Slur? Blame Bannon

White supremacists have used the term as a barely concealed dog-whistle for several years, but the problem comes when it’s used in the ‘globalist vs. nationalist’ economic debate

So who is the stupider one, the conservatives that let people like Bannon redefine words like Globalist or the liberal that now is afraid to discuss the ill effects of Globalism and Globalists because they may now be accused of being on Bannon's side?

What Globalism is and has been about is the neo-liberal corporate types (the Globalists) that look down at human beings and their labor as nothing more than commodities,

to be sourced at the lowest price possible without things like human rights, labor rights, living wages, safety regulations, environmental regulations, etc. getting in the way of their profits and their manifest destiny to rule over the little people.

This is what Globalism is really about and it's a sad day to see people who call themselves progressive liberals turn into politically correct cowards that shy away from discussing its negative consequences because of the fear they may be somehow associated with people like Bannon.

https://opinionfront.com/negative-effects-of-globalization

The Negative Effects of Globalization Not Many of Us are Aware Of.

1200-202283-negative-effects-of-globalization.jpg

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-bad-effects-globalization-309300

"While globalization can increase the profitability of certain businesses, it can have several negative effects.

First multinationals with globalized structures can avoid paying taxes, meaning that they essentially become free riders, taking advantage of infrastructure and social safety nets to which they do not contribute.

Next, globalized supply chains can shift production to low wage countries, having a global downward effect on wages. This can also lead to a race to the bottom, with globalized companies farming labor out to sweatshops in countries with minimal labor regulations. Child labor and other forms of abuse of workers can be major issues.

Another major problem is that companies may move operations to countries with little environmental regulation or oversight, leading to massive environmental degradation.

Because companies rely on globalization, they can lead governments to ignore human rights abuses in countries that offer cheap wages."

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yep, and it is the base of the modern GOP. The entire base is rotten, taken over by evangelical Nazis and white supremacists. It makes me sick. What was once a movement about personal responsibility, smaller government and individual liberty has been taken over by racist, fascist, conspiracy worshiping fucktards. Their duplicity in beliefs is astounding. They still preach the former but push for the latter. It can be seen among all their talking heads, cheerleaders and party leaders.
Not in my lifetime. In fact, I can't think of a time when either conservatives or the Republican Party believed in any of those things.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
"Fun" fact about Fritz Kuhn. His pro-fascist activities in the US were responsible for Congress passing the Foreign Agents Registration Act (aka "FARA"), the same act violated in 2016-17 by Michael Flynn. Not an important connection between Trump and fascism as the connection is not nearly so superficial as that. Just an interesting bit of trivia.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
WTF are you FOR? You only ever bitch.

Not only that, he doesn't always represent his statements well. I mean, "neo-liberals" are behind globalism and look down on human as commodities. Well, I beg to differ. The people at the tippy top use labels and politics to keep the plebes distracted and controlled. To pretend like the people at the tippy top give a shit about any of that is a difficult sell.

On a different note, you then have guys like Greenman who just long for the good old days when people wearing Nazi arm bands and/or claimed to be white nationalist would be shunned by almost all Americans. Now they throw "unite-the-right" rallies while conservatives try to find another group to blame.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Not only that, he doesn't always represent his statements well. I mean, "neo-liberals" are behind globalism and look down on human as commodities. Well, I beg to differ. The people at the tippy top use labels and politics to keep the plebes distracted and controlled. To pretend like the people at the tippy top give a shit about any of that is a difficult sell.

On a different note, you then have guys like Greenman who just long for the good old days when people wearing Nazi arm bands and/or claimed to be white nationalist would be shunned by almost all Americans. Now they throw "unite-the-right" rallies while conservatives try to find another group to blame.

Crazy white men wouldn't feel afraid if the browns and women would just stay in their God ordained places.