The Night the Lights Went out in Baghdad

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Sorry- I just couldn't help myself.

Now the question is who turned them off?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Wag
Sorry- I just couldn't help myself.

Now the question is who turned them off?

you just beat me to it, exact thread title and all.......:|;)

Maybe us, maybe Saddam...

Why was Al-Jezeera booted? Does Saddam not want someone with pretty unlimited access filming his troops killing civilians or releasing WMD? The rest of the Arab world would not like seeing that too much.

Was their access and their reports being capitalized on by Coalition forces?

Does Saddam not want the majority of Iraq to see his fall? Does he know what will happen once his people see he is not in power?

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
Why was Al-Jezeera booted?
I've been wondering the same thing. Al-Jazeera was a wonderful tool for Saddam in his efforts to win the political war. Why would he throw that away?

Does Saddam not want someone with pretty unlimited access filming his troops killing civilians or releasing WMD?
That was my thought...that Saddam is planning something nasty and doesn't want *anyone* to see it (except Iraq TV, of course).

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7Does Saddam not want someone with pretty unlimited access filming his troops killing civilians

There's never been any proof of this... yet alot of people adamently adhere to it. No wonder why you support the war, you don't look for justifications to bring war upon a society, you probably just have a morbid fetish of watching people die on CNN after you eat dinner. Reality TV to it's extreme.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
There's never been any proof of this
This statement made regarding Iraqui soldiers killing civilians.
Are you of the opinion that the filmed shooting of the woman trying to cross the bridge was a fake?

Bleep