The Next Step

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
While thinking of what I might type into my last post, I found my thoughts wondering about the last words of Jesus. "It is finished." I no longer see this as a statement of finality, but rather of acceptance.

A while ago I started to lose interest in the things that used to absorb my time. It has been 7 years since I started on a journey that is now coming to an end. An end that only leads into a new beginning.

I have overcome many obstacles in my life, moreso recently. The things that held me down are gone. My inner struggle has been like a boxing match, but I am the champion now. There's just one more fight, and it ends now.

To you all I bid farewell. I am signing off, permanently. Going off the radar. No more blogs, no more forums, no more instant messengers, or anything. I have more important things to deal with now, and none of this really mattered. In the end I find myself without regrets and I won't miss it at all. Nothing I ever said mattered until now.

Hate tears us apart, but love brings us together.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
:music:
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again.
Happy trails to you,
Keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we'ere together?
Just sing a song, and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you,
Til we meet again.

:)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
So wait, you are getting rid of your addiction like ATOT posting in your life....but you care enough to make a goodbye post like that?

LOL get a real life.

Tuktuk

Jan 30, 2007
Originally posted by: ironwing
Originally posted by: Tuktuk
Jesus crucifixion =/= end of ATOT posting

Have you tried either?

Can't say I've tried "Jesus crucifixion," but I'm sure it isn't equal to ATOT posting just as I'm sure pooping in a shark's mouth isn't equal to taking a shower with your pants on. I've done neither but can still safely make this assumption.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing
Jesus crucifixion =/= end of ATOT posting

Have you tried either?

Can't say I've tried "Jesus crucifixion," but I'm sure it isn't equal to ATOT posting just as I'm sure pooping in a shark's mouth isn't equal to taking a shower with your pants on. I've done neither but can still safely make this assumption.

Unless you keep a shark in your pants.

Consider the above straight line a gift from me to you.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Why oh why do people do this?

leave?

because they arent interesting or inflammatory enough to get attention

post that theyre leaving?

because they arent otherwise interesting or inflammatory enough to get attention

apologetic

Oct 28, 2000
Well, if you're reading this Malak, you've failed at your mission. Please post an update to confess and move on.

Tuktuk

Jan 30, 2007
Posting a goodbye thread seems either pointless or stupid, probably both. Stupid in that if you're leaving then why would you create a thread that will get replies for an indefinite period of time, causing you to come back and check the forums much longer than you otherwise would have. Pointless in that if you don't come back and check, why would you even make the thread?