The next Batman movie will be . . .

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
A live action version of Batman Beyond!

All of the pertinent details are at Cinescape.

Who do you think should fill the roles? Terry McGinnis? (The Batman of the 21st century for you non-toon watchers). AARP-member Bruce Wayne? ;) Derek Powers, aka "Blight." Myself, I think Nic Cage would do a hell of a job as Blight . . .

Also, the first full-length BB animated feature comes out October 24 . . . "The Return of the Joker"!

(I'm probably going to be mocked for watching cartoons, but ta hell with you guys. ;))

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
Heck Xerox, 85 percent of my telivision watching time is spent on the Cartoon Network. But I have this to say, Why are you a fan of Batman Beyond? I cant stand that paltry ripoff of my favorite superhero of all time. I mean, look at Bruce Wayne as Batman. Spandex suit, relying heavily on his own agility, strength, skill. Now look at Terry McGinnis Batman, relying completely on his techno-machine suit, which, by the way, was designed by Bruce Wayne. He cant even think for himself! Batman Beyond is more of what would it be like if robin did all the crimefighting, with Bruce Wayne backing him.

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
cool.. hope they dont screw it up and make it all funky and fscked up like batman and robin...

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
That's gonna be a cool movie. I'm no good at casting, so I'll stay out of that one. I hope that they can do all the special effects and stuff and make it look futuristic and real outside of the cartoon.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< The next Batman movie will be... >>

Crap.

Batman with Keaton was an excellent movie, one of my all time favorites. The second one was OK, and after Keaton left they got progressively worse.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Swag,

I'm a really big fan of Frank Miller's &quot;The Dark Knight Returns&quot;, and Batman Beyond seems almost like an homage to it in my eye.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
I just like the vision of the future Batman from &quot;Kingdom Come&quot;(the absolout best comic book graphic novel of all stinking time!!!!!!!) much better. I wish that they would make a movie of that!

But, alas, that we shall never see. Can you imagine the budget that movie would require?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
in reading about the upcoming animated straight-to-video Batman movie, I am happy to hear that another movie is coming out (still not catching up to the Star Trek series...)

--but I'm not happy that it's animated. The first animated batman movie sucked hard (Mask of the Phantasm). I hope this won't either.

Nik
&quot;shape shift...&quot;

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Whatever happened to Batman Triumphant (or Batman 5)? I haven't heard anything for a while. I think Clooney (wasn't he the last one?) is on contract to do 3.

-SUO

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
I heard an ugly rumor about Brad Pitt playing the role of Batman, which is quite disturbing indeed.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
IMHO, Batman Forever was the best movie, followed by Batman and then Batman Returns.

Batman and Robin definitily is among the worst movies ever. After watching this last movie I don't want to see any new Batman movie!

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
The last two Batman movies sucked goat balls, because they were directed by Joel Schumacher, who believes that a campy 1960's Batman TV series interpretation of Batman is better than a &quot;Dark Knight Returns&quot; interpration (which was favored by Tim Burton).

As long that idiot Schumacher has nothing to do with any upcoming Batman/Batman Beyond/etc. projects, they should turn out OK.

And Batman Beyond kicks ass, BTW :p

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I agree after Keaton the Batman franchise got worse. When they got Clooney they really ruined it. Clooney sucks in general, but as Batman he was a joke. Batman Beyond sucks, with everyone going to high school, the same one. It seems like &quot;Batman meets 90210&quot;. X-Men 2 is what I'm waiting for. That will have a nice big budget. Casting-wise, My guess is they'll use people from Dawson's Creek and other lame shows like that b/c those are the people they will be targeting with this. When it comes out it will be like Starship Troopers, only with Batman. Don't forget that Spiderman is finally good to go now. That has potential.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
there are different flavors of the dark knight...

anyway... BB does not suck, but it does need some better stories. and for god sakes, tell us what happened BEFORE everything... =( i want a prequel so bad... =P

i like BB, but it depends... some of the episodes are lamish.

--

i wonder how the live action BB will be...

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I heard an ugly rumor about Brad Pitt playing the role of Batman, which is quite disturbing indeed.

Woohoo! Oh, wait, I mean, thats terrible...... ;)

I liked Michael Keaton the best also, I thought he made Batman kind of classy and smooth,

Fozzie

Oct 9, 1999
Mask of the Phatasm sucked?!? :Q :Q :Q :|

I'm not the only one who believes that to be one of the best American comic to movie adaptions. Of course since its animation its a bit of a &quot;cheat&quot; that way, but who cares?

The Return of Joker video is what will finally tell what happened in the BB past. Reports are very good, I'm looking forward to it as a casual BB watcher.

M00T

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2000
xerox man, you kick arse!... BB, is phat. We used to watch that every friday at my old shop(when it fist started airing). If they keep the movie true to the cartoon, then they will have a nice cash cow on thier hands. Hopefully they won't screw it up like the last few batman movies.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
I hate that in every Batman Movie there was a different actor playing Batman :|

BTW, I hope they make a new Superman movie ;)

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
duckers,

that dude who did clerks, chasing amy, etc. wrote a script for Superman Reborn or something like that. Apparently it sucked, and that's what slowing down the next superman.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
that dude who did clerks, chasing amy, etc. wrote a script for Superman Reborn or something like that. Apparently it sucked, and that's what slowing down the next superman.

Kevin Smith knows more about comic books than anyone else in Hollywood, and I doubt he would write a script that would &quot;suck&quot;. I think the problem is more with licensing arrangements. I - for one - don't want to see any more Superman films. I'd rather see one of the other 10,000 kickass comic series out there get made into a film.

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
I agree with Fozzie, &quot;Mask of the Phantasm&quot; was really quite
good and has my favorite version of the &quot;Batman backstory&quot;, and as
Cybersax mentioned Joel Schumacher should never be allowed
near any Batman-related projects... ever. :|

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
another batman movie? let's examine the trend:
Batman: Awesome flick, directed by Tim Burton, music by Prince. Greatest of the series.
Batman Returns: Not as good as the first, a little creepy, but still worthy of watching
Batman Forever: more and more comic book-ee, an omen of things to come
Batman and Robin: worst movie i've ever seen. tons of horrible catch phrases from Arnold, George Clooney sucked, only saving grace was seeing a 20 foot wide shot of Batgirl's ass on the big screen.

so as you can see, the next batman movie won't be worth a matinee admission price.