The New South in 2015

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Below is a cover of the student guide of the University of North Georgia. Its a guide to success showing 2 well dressed white guys winning a race vs a woman in heels and a less formally dressed black guy.

Nice to see to South has evolved so much in the last 20-50 years.

UNG.jpg

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I'm 100% sure this was intentional and the marketing team that set up and took the picture had a racist (maybe subconsciously?) agenda. Good call on posting this OP, keep it up. We gotta expose the bastards.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
To be fair, there could've been two black females just ahead of them in lanes 1 & 2.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I also see a question with no question mark. Them's sum university-level punctuationators there.

Jan 25, 2011
What? They're embracing the "Hands up. Don't shoot" theme. That's very progressive for the south and I for one applaud them.

Rhonda the Sly

Nov 22, 2007
I don't think this is an offense to be fired over but, if anyone is fired, it's clearly because they weren't trying very hard to keep their job. I don't know why people who aren't politicians* and/or KKK members do this. The rest of us should have enough sense to know this shouldn't go public unless we want to be pilloried.

* Politicians can say whatever they want for a boost in the polls then pretend to backtrack later as they're all slime anyway.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As conservative brain defectives begin to die out, they become less shameful and more aggressive. Sadly these assholes will eventually cause everybody in the business world to not want to hire white males. They will replace women and blacks at the bottom of the heap. We always create what we fear.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I also see a question with no question mark. Them's sum university-level punctuationators there.

It's called a rhetorical question, and in this type of situation no question mark is required (or even appropriate), as the reader is being TOLD something emphatically, not asked something.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Once you get outside of the Atlanta perimeter, it's Mississippi.

Not Alabama.

Mississippi.

Lets all just be thankful they're shown wearing shoes.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Man that guy who came in second started the race already past the finish line without even breaking a sweat. Not fair.

x26

Sep 17, 2007
Thanks For Posting this OP--

Everyone Knows white Men Can't jump and can never win a Race...

Venix

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2002
:biggrin::biggrin:

Is this a legit poster? If so, intentional or not it's kinda fucked up.

It's real. UNG grabbed a stock photo of people in suits running, slapped a cheesy motivational slogan on it, and printed it on the cover of a course catalog. The situation is basically the equivalent of corporate logos that inadvertently look like dicks--it's unfortunate and a bit amusing, but mostly just irrelevant.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
the real winners aren't even shown: Indians and Chinese. they are the most successful graduates.

btw, this have gone to OT

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Hmmmmm.... pardon me for saying so, but those two guys in those Men in Black suits look sort'a Jewish to me. I wonder if that changes the message the poster is attempting to convey?

Oh wait....that lady in the poster looks as if she's going to beat out the guy in the blue shirt. I wonder if that also has an intended message in it.

And because the contestants in lanes one and two already crossed the finish line I guess I have to assume that one of them is Jesse Owens and the other is Marion Jones that needed to be intentionally ignored.

And the ring on the middle finger of the "apparent" winner.....now that's either a sure sign of devil worshipping or that the self-ascribed graphic artist that photochopped that tasteless, demeaning and insensitive piece of garbage is giving the college some gratis work that must most assuredly have not been screened by the Board, or heaven forbid, it's what the Board actually wanted right down to the last detail.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
This is a stupid grasp at something to be upset about. There is nothiing in that picture to be upset about. Grabbing at a straw.

For all you know this could have been made by two black men or women.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I'm reminded of the Abbey Road photo and all the conspiracy theories over why Paul's feel were positioned differently than the others. And they're like, we were shooting photographs all day in all sorts of positions and this one just got selected at the end.