The new politics of president-hating; why you 'think' the way you do.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nice dodge. Now try answering the question.

Are you Bush haters moderate or radical left wingers? If you're moderate then shouldn't you be above party rhetoric and petty bickering? And if you're a radical, does it make you proud to know that you're no better than the right wing radicals you hate?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: flavio
Bush is a weasel of a man who has assaulted the environment, put Ashcroft in office, gave us the Patriot Act, lied to the country to start a bogus war which killed thousands of people and cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars with no end in sight, put us in record breaking deficit, an speaks worse than a mentally handicapped monkey.

So what's not to hate?
Oh, and just because I'm ornery tonight:

Clinton is a weasel of a man who has assaulted the economy, put Janet Reno in office, gave us the DMCA, lied to a jury about a blowjob then to cover up the lie started firing missiles at another country and cost the US billions of dollars with no end in sight, put us in record breaking deficit, and has worse hair than Ted Koppel.

What's not to hate?

Tit for tat. Both sides are the same. The sooner people realize that the sooner we move forward. But the Bush haters aren't interested in moving forward. They're only interested in winning. Just like Republicans. Congratulations, you're all sheep.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No dodge here. You said "The Bush-haters in this thread think that this whole Bush-hating fad is justified because the right-wing-radicals started it by attacking Clinton. "

To which I showed that I had already posted that I hate Bush because of his actions, which make it all but impossible not to hate him.

If your looking for justifications to hate shrubby, then there's an awful big list.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No dodge here. You said "The Bush-haters in this thread think that this whole Bush-hating fad is justified because the right-wing-radicals started it by attacking Clinton. "
Actually I didn't say that. SuperTool, phillyTIM and BOBDN did back in the beginning of this thread. I'm just trying to expose them for the radicals left wingers they are. The hatred they hold for the radical right is equally turned right back around on them. They're exactly like those they hate.
To which I showed that I had already posted that I hate Bush because of his actions, which make it all but impossible not to hate him.

If your looking for justifications to hate shrubby, then there's an awful big list.
There's a long list of reasons to hate every politician.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
i dont like bush's policy or his attitude. i would not consider myself a "hater"; some of the things he's done i do argee with. however, the bad seem to far outweigh the good and he does not instill (for me) a confidence i had in america and the american system or way of life that past presidents have. that is not a good feeling to have. for the most part, i try not to simply lump blame on the president or lash out at him on these boards. im sure i've lost my patience once or twice (especially where education is involved) but i think a lot of the trouble people are having comes from similiar feelings to mine. it is a truly upsetting and disenchanting experience i have had with this president during his term.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: BoberFett

SuperTool, phillyTIM and BOBDN did back in the beginning of this thread. I'm just trying to expose them for the radicals left wingers they are. The hatred they hold for the radical right is equally turned right back around on them.
..a day late and a dollar short, sir; we all know this already, but welcome to the world of reason nonetheless.

Gen Stonewall

Aug 8, 2001
Actually I didn't say that. SuperTool, phillyTIM and BOBDN did back in the beginning of this thread. I'm just trying to expose them for the radicals left wingers they are. The hatred they hold for the radical right is equally turned right back around on them. They're exactly like those they hate.

Very true.

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
i dont like bush's policy or his attitude. i would not consider myself a "hater"; some of the things he's done i do argee with. however, the bad seem to far outweigh the good and he does not instill (for me) a confidence i had in america and the american system or way of life that past presidents have

This is exactly the way I feel. The NATO alliance is not as cohesive as it once was, our country looks foolish for starting a war in Iraq over WMD, and there is a growing gap between rich and poor.

I beleive the United States is a great Empire, but that greatness should be used with caution and humility, not this arrogance I see from the current administration.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Well, lets make a list of current (or past if you like) presidents who went to war with a country (and first strike to boot), giving reasons that have not been backed by evidence.

Clinton? Nope
Bush I Nope
Ronnie? Carter? Ford? Nixon?

Nope. Have to go back to Johnson, who really escalated the VN war, but didnt start it.

So, Bush is the abominable SOB who is in office now, and deserves all the derision he gets.

I think most politicians are despicable. That does not make them all equal. Some commit more egregious acts than other, and Bush is at the top of the list. If a Dem. President ever pulls this crap, then I'll be all over him or her too.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You haven't really exposed anything. Except the fact that the republicans on the board can't seem to take what they dish out.

A list the size and scope of ShrubCo's is rare thing indeed though.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I'm a centrist. I represent the moderate middle.
Don't worry Moonie, I don't hold anything against you. I know you have certain mental deficiencies that keep you firmly to the left. ;)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
A list the size and scope of ShrubCo's is rare thing indeed though.
Meh. Iraq is a pretty big blunder, but otherwise I don't much else has happened during this presidency that he could/should have done differently.