The new LOVE OF MY LIFE was delivered @ 9:30 PM last night **PICS**

dOrKuS

Jun 19, 2001
I normally don't start topics in OT, but I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you.

Here are some of the first pictures of my new pride and joy !!!

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

FIVE

:D

dOrKuS

Jun 19, 2001
Yeah it's a Golden Tee Fore now, but will be 2003 by this time next week.
I paid $900 for it, but I own it with two other guys, who are moving in and have had it for 8 months. They paid about $1300.

As far as the camera goes, it's just a webcam a got free through hot deals last year.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<<

<<

<< Just a suggestion, your next love should be a better camera.

Viper GTS
>>

>>

>>

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Oh man, they must have delivered it to the wrong place. That was supposed to come here.

I'm jealous. I've been looking at machines but they all seem a bit out of my price range. I'd love to have the 2003 model.

Speaking of that, when is the 2003 model coming out? Or, is my local bar just behind? A guy last night was saying something about it, but I hadn't heard when it actually hits the street.

Cool machine. Although, if I had it, I don't think my friends and I would do anything but sit around the house, drink booze, smoke bowls, and gamble like madmen on the TEE machine.

Congrats. If you get tired of it, send it over here.

dOrKuS

Jun 19, 2001
2003 actually became available to "operators" about 3 weeks ago. It doesn't become available to the general public for another 6-7 months,
so to bi-pass their little rule my two roomates and I decided to become operators. All you have to do is setup a bank account for League play fees and have a phone line plugged into the machine. Like I said, hopefully have it in about a week. It's already paying for itself though. Won $50 in the last tournament!!

God I feel so pathetic right now :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
So what's the deal with this golf game? I have yet to hear of it but you talk about it like it's pretty popular...

Any place around here that has them?

dOrKuS

Jun 19, 2001
b0mbrman,

I know it's extremely popular in Chicago, at least one in every single bar. And it's popular enough to be on Fox Sports last week,
thats right, they televised the annual tournament held in Las Vegas. I think the winner got like 10k, not sure though. They hold a tournament every month, where the first place winner gets $4000. It's just a really addicting game.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Since you are an operator, do you have to pay to enter the tourney? I'd like to know how that works.

I called Bailey's Sports Bar and they didn't have it yet. They tend to be on top of things around here. The manager (who I've played with several times before) asked me if I had seen one around town yet. I told him I was jonesin' to get on the new machine and he agreed. I watched this guy shoot a -22 one night. He's pretty damn good. My best is -12 and a few -10's here and there.

Its so addictive. I don't know if I could handle it in my house. I really don't know if I could handle the guys that use a four or five step approach on their shots and try to bust the screen on their follow through. I'd be afraid the trackball would f' up. You talked to anyone about servicing prices? How much does a trackball run for the machine.

Sorry to ask so many questions...I'm just curious about having one in the home.

If you are interested in golf games and beer but have never played Golden Tee, head out to a local bar and play a couple rounds. Grab a buddy for even more fun. But watch out, it's addictive.

SpecialEd

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001

<<
<<

<<

Viper GTS >>

>>

>>
>>

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Golden Tee is such a great game to play at the bars. One of the bars that I frequent has 2002 and there is not a night that goes by that we dont hear, "This is Pat Summerall and welcome to Crimson Rock".

dOrKuS

Jun 19, 2001
royaldank,

From what I understand, to replace a trackball will run ya about $50, but I can't imagine you would need to do that. It's easy to take apart and clean every once in awhile. The upgrade to 2003 is gonna cost about $1000. ITSgames, who owns GT just moved offices here in Illinois, so they are behind on paperwork and such. Hopefully it won't be too long before 2003 gets here.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

<<

<<
<<

<<

Viper GTS >>

>>

>>
>>

>>

nihil

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2002
lol...i was almost 100% positive that you were talking about a new son or daughter. but an arcade game, that's even better. :D

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<<

<<

<<
<<

<<

Viper GTS >>

>>

>>
>>

>>

>>

dude8604

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2001
Did you take those pictures with a Casio watch camera? Just wondering because the Casio watch cameras take pictures at 176x144, and those pictures were 176x144.