The new Anandtech GPU 2013 Benchmark Suite

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Announced along side the GTX Titan review is Anandtech's new GPU Benchmark suite for 2013: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6774/nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-part-2-titans-performance-unveiled/5

Here's the lineup:

Returning Games
Total War: Shogun 2
Civilization V
Battlefield 3
Crysis: Warhead

New Games
DiRT: Showdown
Hitman: Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3

What do you all think? I know that the timing is awkward, but without Crysis 3 in there, I think it's incomplete. Perhaps that can be added after the fact. Ryan Smith said in the Titan article that he's actually looking at having 10 games total, so it looks like there are two spots open right now.

Suggestions? ;)

Last edited:

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i think they should ditch Sleeping Dogs, that console port runs smoothly on anything and the results do not contribute anything to the conclusion about a video card.
it's like benching Unreal Engine 3 games...useless information.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Needs more FtL.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I'd like to see an OpenGL title in there. I think these all use DirectX, and with the rise of the Steambox more games should use OpenGL. (Not to mention Minecraft.)

Last edited:

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Crysis 3 should be added. Best looking and most demanding game to date.
Yep, I agree. Dirt Showdown should be ditched though. Completely AMD lopsided game as HAWX 2 was for Nvidia (which they objected against inclusion in reviews a year or 2 back).

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
IMHO the Witcher 2 would be a nice addition, also a memory bandwidth hog like metro 2033 should be there.

The Alias

Aug 22, 2012
witcher 2, and c3 also it's kind of funny that all the new titles are gaming evolved but it's fair though because if most of the best, new games are gaming evolved then most of the benches should be gaming evolved as well same goes for twimtbp

Last edited:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'd figure they'd want to include a game millions of people play, like WoW or LoL, and yes I know they aren't super demanding, but at least for the lower tier stuff.

Also, definitely on Crysis 3, which is Warhead still there? Does anyone actually even still play that game? In all seriousness?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Needs Crysis 3 for sure. It's very demanding but seems to scale well.

I'd figure they'd want to include a game millions of people play, like WoW or LoL, and yes I know they aren't super demanding, but at least for the lower tier stuff.

Yeah I think Ultra quality WoW at 2560x1440+ and Surround resolutions is relevant. And rather than just running around a city, if they could jump into a 25 man LFR or a battleground it would be a real test.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Yep, I agree. Dirt Showdown should be ditched though. Completely AMD lopsided game as HAWX 2 was for Nvidia (which they objected against inclusion in reviews a year or 2 back).

I think Dirt Showdown is a good game to include because it is a good indicator of things to come with GCN being in the new consoles and AMD's Gaming Evolved program picking up major steam.

Feb 6, 2007
Why use Crysis: Warhead in the wake of the release of Crysis 3? I can understand not using Crysis 3 for the review of Titan, given that they were released essentially simultaneously, but going forward, Crysis 3 absolutely needs to be on the list.

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
how does this benchmark list work? How do I even know it's accurate? I use it all the time but still...

Metro 2033 needs to be on that list.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
so they spent time on this p.o.s. comparer when they should have been spending time getting up to speed on frame times, stutter, etc. and getting a high speed camera or video capture equivalent. bravo AT. ......NOT.

colonelciller

Sep 29, 2012
Please... :ninja:

• Maya 2013
  • Mudbox 2013
  • Autocad 2013
  • 3DS Max 2013
  • Vue 11Xstream
  • Photoshop CS6
  • Softimage 2013
  • Avid Pro Tools 10
  • After Effects CS6