The New American Revolution

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I admit it, I'm hooked. I'm addicted. And my drug of choice this past month has been Dr. Ron Paul.

Like many here, I have just been totally disgusted, not just with the Bush administration, but the direction in which this country has been moving. And honestly, I had just about given up hope. And I'll tell you why.

I found that the biggest problem with America is in fact Americans. It wasn't the war in Iraq, it wasn't the Patriot Act, it wasn't illegal immigration, it wasn't terrorism, it wasn't global warming. It wasn't the government, it was the people who voted for those who make up our government. It was the people who willingly gave up their freedoms and liberty and their responsibility, and gave it all to a bunch of politicians who abused it, over and over again.

My vision for the future of this country was dim, something dark, and evil. Two parties using fear, our most basic human instinct, to keep control. Terrorism, global warming, 9/11, oh my! Terrorism, global warming, 9/11, oh my!

But throughout history, mankind has learned to overcome fear. Inside every single one of us, there is a strong yearning for truth and justice, and for peace and liberty. And this yearning, this desire, is so strong. It's unbreakable. And when there is such a lack of these things, the desire for them only gets stronger. And throughout history, this strength, this longing desire for truth, and justice, and peace, and liberty have helped us overcome our fears of everything else.

We have all heard the saying, "give me liberty or give me death." But do we still remember what this means? I do. It means one would rather die a free man than live as a slave. But what does "free" mean exactly?

Our Constitution does not give us freedom, it does not give us rights. Our freedom and our rights exist no matter what, they are inside of us, we were born with them. Being free is not something someone can take away, it is only something one can willfully give up.

But our Constitution recognizes them, and it stands as a promise, between the government and its people, to protect them.

If we aren't already there, then we are quickly becoming a nation that fears its government.

But in the past several months, that has started to change. Slowly, but surely. And I think it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

The American people are starting to wake up. Eyes are opening. One by one. It's slow, but it's steady, and it's strong.

Ron Paul may be new to us, but his message is not. His message is truth, justice, peace, and liberty. It is not so much that we are being led by a man, but by a message that that man holds so dear, and so strongly.

A lot of people have different ideas about what this country needs, but I think all of us know one thing. First and foremost, this country needs real honesty and real integrity in our oval office.

I say "our" oval office, because it is OUR oval office. This is OUR country, and this is OUR government. And as Americans, we have the duty and the responsibility to make sure it stays that way. We owe it not only to ourselves and our children, but we owe it to our brave men and women who sign up to defend us militarily.

And in this global era in which we live, we owe it to the rest of the world as well. I don't have a problem with America leading the world, as long as we lead by example, not force. As long as we lead with love, not hatred. As long as we lead with truth, not lies. As long as we lead with justice, not injustice.

A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for yourself. It's a vote for our parents, and it's a vote for our children. It's a vote for truth, a vote for justice, a vote for peace, and a vote for liberty. He is not an answer to all of our problems, no, but the answers to those problems are embedded in us, like a soul, and he promises to allow us to solve those problems by giving the power back to the people.

"Ron Paul cannot win" is only true if you believe it to be. I don't believe it. I see people picking up signs. I see people taking the streets. I see people registering to vote. I see the quiet raising their voices. I see those who have sat down stand up. I hear the sounds of freedom. I see the sun coming up, and our future is bright again. And it is beautiful.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre
I admit it, I'm hooked. I'm addicted. And my drug of choice this past month has been Dr. Ron Paul.

Like many here, I have just been totally disgusted, not just with the Bush administration, but the direction in which this country has been moving. And honestly, I had just about given up hope. And I'll tell you why.

I found that the biggest problem with America is in fact Americans. It wasn't the war in Iraq, it wasn't the Patriot Act, it wasn't illegal immigration, it wasn't terrorism, it wasn't global warming. It wasn't the government, it was the people who voted for those who make up our government. It was the people who willingly gave up their freedoms and liberty and their responsibility, and gave it all to a bunch of politicians who abused it, over and over again.

My vision for the future of this country was dim, something dark, and evil. Two parties using fear, our most basic human instinct, to keep control. Terrorism, global warming, 9/11, oh my! Terrorism, global warming, 9/11, oh my!

But throughout history, mankind has learned to overcome fear. Inside every single one of us, there is a strong yearning for truth and justice, and for peace and liberty. And this yearning, this desire, is so strong. It's unbreakable. And when there is such a lack of these things, the desire for them only gets stronger. And throughout history, this strength, this longing desire for truth, and justice, and peace, and liberty have helped us overcome our fears of everything else.

We have all heard the saying, "give me liberty or give me death." But do we still remember what this means? I do. It means one would rather die a free man than live as a slave. But what does "free" mean exactly?

Our Constitution does not give us freedom, it does not give us rights. Our freedom and our rights exist no matter what, they are inside of us, we were born with them. Being free is not something someone can take away, it is only something one can willfully give up.

But our Constitution recognizes them, and it stands as a promise, between the government and its people, to protect them.

If we aren't already there, then we are quickly becoming a nation that fears its government.

But in the past several months, that has started to change. Slowly, but surely. And I think it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

The American people are starting to wake up. Eyes are opening. One by one. It's slow, but it's steady, and it's strong.

Ron Paul may be new to us, but his message is not. His message is truth, justice, peace, and liberty. It is not so much that we are being led by a man, but by a message that that man holds so dear, and so strongly.

A lot of people have different ideas about what this country needs, but I think all of us know one thing. First and foremost, this country needs real honesty and real integrity in our oval office.

I say "our" oval office, because it is OUR oval office. This is OUR country, and this is OUR government. And as Americans, we have the duty and the responsibility to make sure it stays that way. We owe it not only to ourselves and our children, but we owe it to our brave men and women who sign up to defend us militarily.

And in this global era in which we live, we owe it to the rest of the world as well. I don't have a problem with America leading the world, as long as we lead by example, not force. As long as we lead with love, not hatred. As long as we lead with truth, not lies. As long as we lead with justice, not injustice.

A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for yourself. It's a vote for our parents, and it's a vote for our children. It's a vote for truth, a vote for justice, a vote for peace, and a vote for liberty. He is not an answer to all of our problems, no, but the answers to those problems are embedded in us, like a soul, and he promises to allow us to solve those problems by giving the power back to the people.

"Ron Paul cannot win" is only true if you believe it to be. I don't believe it. I see people picking up signs. I see people taking the streets. I see people registering to vote. I see the quiet raising their voices. I see those who have sat down stand up. I hear the sounds of freedom. I see the sun coming up, and our future is bright again. And it is beautiful.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Well written! Bravo! I think you embodied what it is we are trying to do. :)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
If you can only find one reason to vote for Ron Paul, please, let that one reason be so that we can bring our men and women in uniform home, alive, and with their friends and families where they belong. We owe it to them.

And this short clip sums up what Paul thinks about this illegal war in Iraq...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkZ8rSyXuI4

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
If you can only find one reason to vote for Ron Paul, please, let that one reason be so that we can bring our men and women in uniform home, alive, and with their friends and families where they belong. We owe it to them.

:thumbsup:

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I'm convinced that those that are not yet supporters would be.. if they only opened their minds and let a logical man explain his Contitutional views.

Ron Paul is the only one in the presidential race that focuses on the future.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Maybe you Ron Paul supporters should focus your attention somewhere where people don't know who he is. Everyone on this forum and half the internet knows who is due to there being five posts a day about him. Why don't you guys band together and get a TV ad spot or something and stop cluttering up the forum with the same sh!t every day.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Bamacre, with all due respect, I think that's extremely short-sighted - there are a lot of issues out there, and we should not let the Bush administration distract the public from them.

Letting them start an unjustified war so problematic that people say 'it's ok to base your vote only on the bad war' gives them cover to hide an enormous range of other issues - and prevents the public from considering all the issues but that in choosing whether to vote for Ron Paul. That's a huge mistake.

We have got to keep our eyes on the other issues in our votes, including poverty, concentration of wealth, the threat to our nation from debt spent on political allies, the underlying issues of American foreign policy that can allow the Iraq war to start in the first place, global warming, China, other economic issues, healthcare policy, protecting civil rights, and many more.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: HombrePequeno
Maybe you Ron Paul supporters should focus your attention somewhere where people don't know who he is. Everyone on this forum and half the internet knows who is due to there being five posts a day about him. Why don't you guys band together and get a TV ad spot or something and stop cluttering up the forum with the same sh!t every day.

i have been. so far i have converted my staunch democratic sister to Ron Paul. A close friend is really interested in him and is buying his book. a coworker never heard of him and is also just as interested.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: HombrePequeno

i have been. so far i have converted my staunch democratic sister to Ron Paul. A close friend is really interested in him and is buying his book. a coworker never heard of him and is also just as interested.

YOU VIRAL MARKETING SPAM BOT!

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234

Bamacre, with all due respect, I think that's extremely short-sighted - there are a lot of issues out there, and we should not let the Bush administration distract the public from them.

Letting them start an unjustified war so problematic that people say 'it's ok to base your vote only on the bad war' gives them cover to hide an enormous range of other issues - and prevents the public from considering all the issues but that in choosing whether to vote for Ron Paul. That's a huge mistake.

We have got to keep our eyes on the other issues in our votes, including poverty, concentration of wealth, the threat to our nation from debt spent on political allies, the underlying issues of American foreign policy that can allow the Iraq war to start in the first place, global warming, China, other economic issues, healthcare policy, protecting civil rights, and many more.

Craig, you are absolutely right, there are many other issues. But I have to respecfully disagree with you here. And here is why.

This war in Iraq is so obviously wrong, so obviously illegal, and so obviously expensive. It is blatantly and thoroughly, un-American. I know it, you know it, and now the vast majority of Americans know it. But Clinton, Obama, Huckabee, Romney, and Guilliani, all of the other top candidates don't have the integrity, don't have the guts, and don't have the respect for the constitution and our brave men and women, to end this horrible attrocity.

If they don't have what it takes to solve our most important and most obvious problem, Iraq, then they don't have what it takes to solve any of the rest of our problems that follow it on our list of priorities.

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
I have to disagree with you as well Bamacre. Voting on one issue alone is incredibly short sighted and you aren't doing anyone a favor if you base your vote solely on the Iraq war. That train of thought is no better than those who won't vote for Dr. Paul because he's republican, or a Texan, or a Christian, or etc... One issue voting is what politicians have been pandering to for years and is exactly why Dr. Paul has gained the support he has. He's not just focusing on demographic hot buttons and pandering to those demographics for their votes. He speaks what he feels is right and a lot of people happen to agree with a majority of what he says/believes. Any decent candidate is going to take a position on something that is outside of your personal beliefs in all likelihood. If you vote on one issue alone, you're just as prone to not vote for someone on one issue alone even if 98% of their positions fall right in line with your own. I can understand your passion about the war, but we as a society struggling to regain our freedom have to move beyond one issue voting and find the candidate who overall fits our nations best interests. I feel that man is Ron Paul as do many others. What you will find however is that those who won't be voting for him tend to take issue with only one belief, whatever it may be, and that's what could potentially keep this country on it's current course of peril. Those who refuse to look beyond one issue have been/are the downfall of our system as a whole. Only when people once again look at a candidates overall positions will we begin to make a change for the better. I'm fully invested in Dr. Paul but it's because I agree with most of his ideas, not 1 in particular.

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
I NEVER said I support Paul soley because of his stance on the war in Iraq.

No, but you said others should and I felt it necessary to point out the injustice that would be done to us all if people followed that direction. I feel it's extremely important that voters educate themselves thoroughly on any candidate they intend to support.

I enjoyed the OP very much btw.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002

Perfectly said. I won't vote for Ron Paul, because he doesn't address these concerns.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: jhbball

Perfectly said. I won't vote for Ron Paul, because he doesn't address these concerns.

What concerns is he not addressing? Not trying to be harsh, not at all, but if you may have missed his position on a certain topic, maybe we can find it for you.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Originally posted by: jhbball

What concerns is he not addressing? Not trying to be harsh, not at all, but if you may have missed his position on a certain topic, maybe we can find it for you.

Sorry, that was poorly worded. He addresses them in an unsatisfactory way, to me.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
My wife finally heard about him because he is the strongest candidate when it comes to homeschooling (Huckabee being a close second). But my parents, aunts, uncles (read - people who always vote) have never heard of him.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: brxndxn
I'm convinced that those that are not yet supporters would be.. if they only opened their minds and let a logical man explain his Contitutional views.

-------------------------
Ron Paul is invincible.

Bolded and saved this for future laughs.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Ron Paul is invincible.

You mean you are laughing at me now. Your laughter is borrowed on credit. Fiat laughter.

johnnobts

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
not going to vote for a man who implies that a fellow republican running for office is a fascist. he strikes me as unstable... i'll stick with romney.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Ron Paul is invincible.

I don't think anything from this thread should be bolded or saved. It should be merged along with the countless other RP threads. :light:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

Agreed, but without a qualitative shift in how this country elects its officials, I don't see much of a potential change realistic. You have a system in which many of the ignorant braindead idiot masses have been convinced that it's their duty to vote, even though they frankly have all but no clue whatsoever about what they are voting for, what the candidates have done/will do, the future and past of the country, etc.

Call it unpatriotic or whatever, but if there was some kind of a stupid-ass filter that required all voters to prove that they had at least an elementary understanding of anything beyond their immediate life and whatever party they claim to be affiliated with, we'd at least know some intellect went behind decisions.

Do you know, just over half of the population votes in the general election and yet the elections to nominate each party's respective leader is a VERY SMALL minority? People can't be bothered or know they're too stupid or whatever, but when it's down to two decisions (repub vs dem) they can defer to the simpleness of it. Shameful.