The myth of the kindly General Robert E. Lee

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Why are you here if you think such things? Are you not one of the most prodigious recent contributors to this forum?

Seems all you need to do is look in the mirror to find the "shit" that makes this forum "shit".

Because of the ignore function I only have to scroll past half of the replies in any given thread.

Seems to me that Ruski Boi is triggred, go suck some more Putin cock and leave me alone.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Oh, so you are an analogy to the Degens?

No, carrying water for your racist allies is analogous to what's expected of all american conservatives. Same as trump can't help being fair and balanced about charlottesville, your sort can't help being fair and balanced about confederacy/native matters either. That's just how that lot do.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Because of the ignore function I only have to scroll past half of the replies in any given thread.

Seems to me that Ruski Boi is triggred, go suck some more Putin cock and leave me alone.

Pro-fascist britbongs should stay in their lane. Come back when you learn something about the american legal system and can actually form a coherent opinion on issues like antifa and civil rights. Till then, you're not on ignore... but I'm not wasting my time with you.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
LOL, no, the government was neutral and the people were with the North.

There was an upper class movement that did support the South to begin with but that support quickly ended when they realized that the South would never support them back.

well, you've missed the thrust of my earlier point. It was not meant to deflect and perhaps if you read the entire post, you'll realize I was far more critical of the US and nearly all developed countries in their never-ending outsourcing of uncomfortable labor issues to this day. Who cares what "the people" thought? You argued that Britain supported this or that policy, but look: history is generally quite grey and textbooks can only get you so far (I dare say that a textbook is one of the worst sources for accurate information--primary sources and journals are far more nuanced and thorough. Textbooks often eschew important context to favor general ideas).

All I was saying was that I have often found it interesting that the non-Americans habitually thumb their noses at the US because they "banished" slavery decades and centuries before the US...though the actual reality is that they simply outsourced slavery to the colonies and later the US, wholly dependent and unashamedly supportive (the government--again, it matters not what "the people" thought--you might as well stop blaming the US for the same past evils if you actually care that much more about what "the people" thought) of the institution to provide the world's dry goods and grains--which, again, isn't entirely different than what we are currently doing with outsourcing our long-banned labor practices to 3rd world work camps to manufacture our cheap and stylish Banana Republic Dungarees.