The Muslim obsever officially endorses...A republican?

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
That's your input? Interesting?
To keep P&N a discussion forum and reduce the amount of inflamatory troll posts, please post more than simple links or complete quotes of articles that can be found by anyone. If you believe something is important enough to post, you must have some opinion of your own about the content of the article or link.

Come on, you have to say a LITTLE bit more than just 'Interesting.'

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Interesting, but hardly surprising. Forget personal views on any number of issues, I think the number one concern for Muslim-Americans when it comes to politics is who is least likely to pander to alarmist morons and incite public hatred of Muslims in a cheap scam to get votes. Ron Paul has some pretty dumbass views, but you can't say he's in favor of police state type government...or in telling people what they want to hear. With many of the other candidates, it's not entirely clear that they wouldn't take Michelle Malkin's book to heart and start some Muslim internment camps if they decided it was "necessary".

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm not surprised - as a small "l" libertarian, I think he doesn't have the guts to make a moral stand for anything, or actually do anything to protect the rights he claims to champion.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Interesting, but hardly surprising. Forget personal views on any number of issues, I think the number one concern for Muslim-Americans when it comes to politics is who is least likely to pander to alarmist morons and incite public hatred of Muslims in a cheap scam to get votes. Ron Paul has some pretty dumbass views, but you can't say he's in favor of police state type government...or in telling people what they want to hear. With many of the other candidates, it's not entirely clear that they wouldn't take Michelle Malkin's book to heart and start some Muslim internment camps if they decided it was "necessary".

:thumbsup:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
And exactly how many US votes can the Muslim Observer deliver? If anything the correct answer is less than zero.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Interesting, but hardly surprising.

I think many people would find it curious that Muslims would support a Republican Christian over someone like Barack Obama. This white man that some have claimed to be a supposed racist. Yes I think many will find this interesting.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
And exactly how many US votes can the Muslim Observer deliver? If anything the correct answer is less than zero.

About 450,000. Not enough to physically make a difference but enough to bring Ron Pauls to people attention.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404

I think many people would find it curious that Muslims would support a Republican Christian over someone like Barack Obama. This white man that some have claimed to be a supposed racist. Yes I think many will find this interesting.

Well the thing about Ron Paul is that he seems to be one of the few people in this country who's able to separate his personal beliefs from what he thinks the government should be doing. Almost everyone else, politician and regular Joe and Jane Sixpack, seem to think that the role of government is to implement every single one of their personal views and require everyone in the country to live by them. Ron Paul doesn't seem to think that, although it's hard to tell, but he at least SEEMS like he might be the kind of person who is able to draw a line between his personal views and his views on the role of government. Too many other folks are incapable of differentiating between "I don't follow the Islamic faith" and "We should outlaw the Islamic faith".

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
not quite seeing why a michigan newspaper endorsing someone is news after the election is over.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005

:thumbsdown:

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

Well the thing about Ron Paul is that he seems to be one of the few people in this country who's able to separate his personal beliefs from what he thinks the government should be doing. Almost everyone else, politician and regular Joe and Jane Sixpack, seem to think that the role of government is to implement every single one of their personal views and require everyone in the country to live by them.

I think you've just described the difference between a Democracy and a Republic.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Noobtastic

Yeah, because I was totally expecting a person like you to understand a concept like that :roll:.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Don't you think this also has to do with Paul's beliefs regarding foreign policy?

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005

Yeah, because I was totally expecting a person like you to understand a concept like that :roll:.

What was that? I'm sorry could you repeat? It's hard to hear from the all the zealotry you know...

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

What was that? I'm sorry could you repeat? It's hard to hear from the all the zealotry you know...

did you just call rainsford a zealot? or is my sarcasm meter broken?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

My apologies...but a :thumbsdown: doesn't count as a meaningful comment, so I had to kind of guess at what the hell you were trying to say. Was I wrong in thinking that you are either dismissive of the growing anti-Muslim sentiment in this country or that you actually approve of it? I only assumed that because you haven't struck me as the most open-minded guy on these kinds of issues, so you'll have to forgive me if I thought you'd belong to the crowd nodding their heads as they read Michelle Malkin's book.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law

About 450,000. Not enough to physically make a difference but enough to bring Ron Pauls to people attention.

and you know what everyone else is going to say? ron paul is endorsed by terrorists! unfortunately, that's pretty much the mentality we have in this country right now...

Sep 12, 2004
We have a Muslim internment camp. It's called Gitmo, for short. It's not really for Muslims though. If it were all Muslims would be there. Only very specific people who also happen to be Muslims are there though.

btw, have you bothered to read Malkin's book or are you going by the reviews of others who were offended by the title and didn't actually bother to read it either?

http://michellemalkin.com/2004...fense-of-internment-2/

Mavtek3100

Jan 15, 2008

+1 except for the dumbass views.

I think the man has the only real answers for this nation. We must cut spending drastically to fix the economy. The easiest way to start that is get the troops home, get rid of no child left behind (something dems would even support). We must get rid of Federal programs like Homeland Security, DEA, and the ATF to curb Federal spending.

We have a $10 trillion deficit, the police state and the nutjob's overspending on it have inflicted unbelievable suffering on our economy. We must return the power of police back to the state and local governments. We must get the Federal government out of Public education, it hasn't worked. We're going broke and the dollar is dumping, the market is tanking, you can raise taxes like the Democrats want to do to try to stem the tide, but ultimately with a dollar worth less it won't fix the root problem.

Ron Paul is an accredited economist, he's served 16 years on the House Finance committee, he's the only one who even talks about repairing the economy. He's the only one talking about the Subprime mortgage crisis. He's the only one who has taken the Fed to task over this for years and years, he predicted all of it coming true and now it has.

Sep 12, 2004
I'd bet the vast majority of the people in here claiming we're going broke because they're starting to see the economy falter have never been through really tough economic times in this country and have little to no clue that it's just part of the cycle.

The same rule that apply to gravity apply to the economy. -- What goes up must come down.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
I'd bet the vast majority of the people in here claiming we're going broke because they're starting to see the economy falter have never been through really tough economic times in this country and have little to no clue that it's just part of the cycle.

The same rule that apply to gravity apply to the economy. -- What goes up must come down.

Wrong. It is because we see the debt and massive future entitlements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs