The Murdaugh Murders in South Carolina

Nov 17, 2019
The kid was involved in some kind of boating accident. There were allegations of a cover up and some sort of protection. The kid and his Mom were killed a few months ago. Now the Dad has been found shot.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
That whole family seems suspect of something big. Someone is shutting them up, or getting revenge or both.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So son was allegedly driving boat while intoxicated, resulting in the death of a 19 year old woman. Then son and mother are shot a year later. Then the father.

Seems likely there's a connection.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Sure seems like SOMEONE has it out for that family.

At this point, it's difficult to determine just who that someone is.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
If the corruption of justice makes it unobtainable through the courts, violence is inevitable.

In other words, sometimes having your buddies in the DA sweep your problems under the rug is not such a great idea.

Last edited:

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
I guess the Republicans don't have a stranglehold on being dirtbags. The Murdaughs are all Democrats. Goes to show that politics are equal opportunity.

Reactions: Leeea

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So son was allegedly driving boat while intoxicated, resulting in the death of a 19 year old woman. Then son and mother are shot a year later. Then the father.

Seems likely there's a connection.
Thought that after the mom and son were killed

Feb 4, 2009
Wow, that's some Count of Monte Cristo revenge stuff there.
Even stranger he had a tire fail, then a drive by shooting.
Was the tire sabotaged?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Wow, that's some Count of Monte Cristo revenge stuff there.
Even stranger he had a tire fail, then a drive by shooting.
Was the tire sabotaged?

Mr. Murdaugh told one of his brothers from the hospital that he had pulled over to change the tire when someone in a truck drove past him, then drove back around and shot him, Mr. Griffin said.

Based on that description, it sounds like he was being followed by the shooter, and the tire situation created an opportunity.

Feb 4, 2009
Based on that description, it sounds like he was being followed by the shooter, and the tire situation created an opportunity.

I donno,
I am thinking put nail at 45 degree angle behind tire (yes sadly I have done this to a dude I hated but didnt shoot him)
He drives a bit you knowing it will be an isolated road, follow and wait.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
How do you pronounce that name? Is this a case of nominative determinism?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I guess the Republicans don't have a stranglehold on being dirtbags. The Murdaughs are all Democrats. Goes to show that politics are equal opportunity.

Because up to now we all thought there had never been a single Democrat supporter who ever did anything morally reprehensible?

• Haha
Reactions: herm0016 and Leeea

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If the corruption of justice makes it unobtainable through the courts, violence is inevitable.

In other words, sometimes having your buddies in the DA sweep your problems under the rug is not such a great idea.
The problem with vigilante "justice" is that it usually involves committing worse crimes than the original injustice. In other words, teenagers and a drunken boating accident are fucked up enough, but double murder and attempted murder are much more so.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The problem with vigilante "justice" is that it usually involves committing worse crimes than the original injustice. In other words, teenagers and a drunken boating accident are fucked up enough, but double murder and attempted murder are much more so.

I live here where this is going on. There is a lot more going on than what was portrayed in the national press articles I have read. Much like that Ethan Couch “affluenza teen” kid. From what I understand the Murdaugh's were also trying to shift the blame to his friends and all kinds of crazy crap. Much suspense going on and wondering where this is leading. But it is obvious somebody has had enough of these shenanigans.

His dad Alex Murdaugh was on the side of the road changing a flat tire when allegedly a truck passed then came back and shot him in the head. Which turned out was just a grazing shot. He is up and about calling his friends and associates.

Nov 17, 2019
Sounds like a real piece of work ......

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A lawyer from a prominent South Carolina legal family who found his wife and son shot to death at their home three months ago and was injured days ago when a bullet grazed his head as he changed a tire was taking money from his law firm, the business said late Monday.

The statement from PMPED law firm came hours after Alex Murdaugh said he was resigning and entering rehab.

The PMPED law firm said it will hire an accounting firm to fully review its books. It didn't say how much money might be missing, but said Murdaugh was no longer associated with them in any way.

“This is disappointing news for all of us. Rest assured that our firm will deal with this in a straightforward manner. There’s no place in our firm for such behavior,” the law firm said in a statement."

“Alex resigned after being accused of diverting lawyer fees from the firm," said Murdaugh’s attorney Jim Griffin. "These allegations prompted him to confront a dependency and he voluntarily checked into an in-patient substance abuse rehab facility after being discharged from the hospital today.”

The State Law Enforcement Division didn't immediately comment Monday on Murdaugh's statement or the law firm's accusations of missing money."

And I would definitely suggest a different way to address the firm. Even if it is initials, PiMPED doesn't seem right.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This article implies he may have shot himself?

Superficially in the head, then what, disposed of the gun and called the police?

This case just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Nov 17, 2019
Postulating on nothing much of a basis .....

Suppose .... just suppose ......

The Mom and Son were not part of a cover up of the boating incident.

The Dad was an attempt to cover up the Mom and Son.

Reactions: pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
This article implies he may have shot himself?

Superficially in the head, then what, disposed of the gun and called the police?

This case just gets curiouser and curiouser.

The wife and I were discussing this very idea when we heard he was shot. It should be easy to show as he would have powder burns at that range if he shot himself. If someone shot him from a passing vehicle he likely would not have any burns.

Nov 17, 2019
There's probably a great deal that we the people don't know at this point. Whether or not SLED knows, remains to be seen.

But I caught a glimpse in one article that he is a 'person of interest', though I'm not sure of the credibility of the source.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The wife and I were discussing this very idea when we heard he was shot. It should be easy to show as he would have powder burns at that range if he shot himself. If someone shot him from a passing vehicle he likely would not have any burns.
if he shot himself he would also have residue from that which they could have tested for, at least thats what they say on those true crime shows my GF likes to watch.

Feb 4, 2009

Whoa, take that with what he said about leaving his law firm
Summary: I have done wrongs that have hurt many people and my family....
Holy crap this story gets dark.

Reactions: pcgeek11 and Leeea

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
There's probably a great deal that we the people don't know at this point. Whether or not SLED knows, remains to be seen.

But I caught a glimpse in one article that he is a 'person of interest', though I'm not sure of the credibility of the source.

Yeah, the article in post #1 says "Alex Murdaugh has been named a 'person of interest' in the deaths of his wife and son." Now it would appear he could be a "person of interest" in his own shooting. Boating deaths, shooting deaths, embezzlement, drug abuse, rehab. Intrigue and skullduggery in the South.