the MSI MS-8871 Geforce 4 TI4400, reccomendable ?

boran

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001
I intend on buying the MSI MS-8871 Geforce 4 TI4400, now this card seems suspiciously cheap (ti4200 cheap) this makes me wonder if there's something fishy about this card ... does anyone have this card and can share some toughts about it, good, bad ... but define your opinions please ... not something like MSI sux I wont go there ... more like MSI sux because ...

thanks in advance

PS: does anyone know if they now include a DVI->VGA adapter, cous in the tomshardware review this item was not present, but the MSI site sais it is ...

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
I have the MSI GeForce 4 Ti4200 128mb with DVI and TV-Out, and i am very happy with it :)

It comes with the DVI-VGA adapter, and i cannot complain at the performace! (Well, anything is better than a GF2MX but you know what i mean ;))

The TV Out is much clearer and crisper than the GF2, and i think even the quality on the monitor is clearer too :)

So i would recommend it, esp if you can get it at 4200 prices!

Confused

probe47

Feb 1, 2001
I have looked at this model also. The ti4400-VTD (full with VIVO) runs around $215 but the ti4400-TD (Champion edition) is going for about $30 less. MSI is making a Champion Edition for all their Geforce4 TI's now. Most online retailers are stocking the TD model instead of the VTD model probably because of price. From what I can find out, the only change is VTD has video in. I am undecided also and wonder if video in is worth the extra dollars. I would welcome any feedback from owners too.

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The MSI Ti4400 VTD & Championship edition are super cards. I have personally used them and they are a good value. I am not sure why people claim the HSF is noisy, but in my experience they are not. They have a nice software bundle as well.