The Mrs gives birth to baby boy:):)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Congrats Ben.
Watch out the time will go fast, next thing you know he'll be leaving for college, take the time to spend with him.

May the force be with you and your family at this joyous time.

Get ready for some sleepness nights though :)

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
FOUR! Yikes!

Well, since you put smilies in your post, I guess congrats are in order. Glad to hear mom is doing OK. Hope she gets a good rest... she's gonna need it! :D

eraser

Oct 15, 1999
Congratulations to you and your wife. And what is wrong with being a little biased when it comes to your child? I do not have any children of my own but I do have a newphew that I see twice a week and I enjoy every minute of it. I myself think he is the cutest. In my opinion when it comes to children being a bit biased is the way to go.

Again sincerest congratulations and good luck.

Eraser

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker. This new tax deduction will be blessed with good,loving,caring parents and helpful borthers and sisters. He will surely get his share of attention.
Now, go give Mom a back rub!:):):)

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Congrats!!! I'm sure your hands are so full with 4 kids right now that you can't even read this. Good luck, you'll need it :D:D:D

oh btw CONGRADULATIONS again.

BenSkywalker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks to everyone, a bit tired now to respond to a few comments that I'd like to, but I'll try to tomorrow at some point. While it's hard to say for sure, I think they are releasing her in the late morning early afternoon tomorrow, err, today by looking at the time.

Thanks again everyone:)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
how many of you are mad that the child is not named Mday?

if you are, how stupid can you be :p

BenSkywalker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wanted to say thanks again, Mom and baby are home and doing very well, she would like to get on-line but isn't feeling up to it quite yet. A few replies-

"I don't suppose you'r with a laptop and cellphone @ the hospital.
That would be really sick."

Hehe, my wife brought that up, she was saying that it would be nice after she was up and around the next day. The main rig at home, currently the only one on-line capable, has a chair that has seen better days and isn't the best to sit on after delivering a child:)

"Teach your son the way of nvidia"

"The boy's bound to be a 3dfx zealot"

Oddly enough, last time I upgraded the kids rig from a RagePro to a TNT they didn't like it, they told me to switch it back. The RagePro handles the kids games, which are heavy with video clips and have no real 3D, much better.

GirlFriday-

"Congratulations!!!!!! Give your wife my best, and I hope she is back to her old self soon. She will need her energy with four kids, I have three and they tire me out enough!"

She is wonderful, she gets out of the hospital and starts asking me what I want her to make me to eat:Q I told her I'd take care of dinner for now(Hello, Domnios;)). I don't know how she does it, she seems to be going non stop.

"(Umm, he won't be named Luke by any chance . . . ?)"

I'd be cursing him to be a whiny little punk if I did that;)

"BenSkywalker, good to hear! Is four children enough or are you both gonna shoot for five?"

Never ask a woman right after she delivers if she wants anymore;)

"Boys are great. At least for the 5 months I've had one."

The age where they start to get fun. Before you know it he will be running non stop so enjoy him while you can.

"Congrats!!! I'm sure your hands are so full with 4 kids right now that you can't even read this. Good luck, you'll need it"

Arthur is on right now(PBS cartoon), combined with some pizza and instant happy quiet children:)

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker. This new tax deduction will be blessed with good,loving,caring parents and helpful borthers and sisters. He will surely get his share of attention.
Now, go give Mom a back rub!"

"I knew a German couple that had twins their first time...named them Adolph and Rudolph.....next time HAD 2 MORE TWINS! Named then Getoff and Stayoff!"

ROTFLMAO- I wanted to let you guys know that these two comments helped me out quite a bit. The last few days have been very draining and it may not seem like much, but noone around here was able to come up with a decent line to get people laughing out loud(both of our families are big on humor). I laughed out loud quite hard reading these two lines(though I was also overtired and bit worn out;)). Having such a happy event sometimes can leave you quite drained, some old fashioned goof ball humor helps out in such times for myself at least quite a bit:)

Thanks again to everyone, I'm sorry I didn't reply to everyone, but myself and my wife appreciate all the kind words:D:)

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
you have my condolances.....

one would have thought that a SkyWalker of note could have pulled out of a dive before the crash..

Happy 18 yrs of payroll deductions...

there are things to crack, other than numbers...