The movie Tron sucks

Jynx980

Jan 10, 2001
It was just on TV and it was pretty crappy. It has a lot of holes in the story that makes you say "WTF happend just now?" The graphics are pretty damn good for 1982 but other than that it bites the big one. Cult classic my ass.

I dont remember this arcade version

rml

Lifer
Jul 6, 2000
I like that movie when it first released. It is fun to watch it two weeks ago on TV. the graphics is really poor when compared to today's standard

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Jynx980
The graphics are pretty damn good for 1982 but other than that it bites the big one. [/L]

yes, that is what the big deal was

The film many people associate with the (difficult) birth of Hollywood computer graphics is Disney's Tron, released in 1982. The effects for Tron were created by a number of fledgling production facilities: III, Magi Synthavision, Digital Effects (of New York), and Robert Abel and Associates. Despite its intriguing and attractive imagery, the poor critical and public response to Tron, as a film, together with some delays and difficulties during production, put a chill on the CGI industry that probably slowed its growth for a time. Indeed, most of the CGI production companies involved in Tron are no longer in business and none are currently involved in computer graphics production.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you saw it on TV, you have no way of knowing how it was edited. That may be why it seemed like there were holes in the story. I saw the original film (a long time ago), and I recall that it was pretty good for its time. Of course, knowing 'puters as we do, now, I'm sure a lot of stuff wouldn't hold up.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
the story is so horrible and childish u wonder what they were thinking. maybe u had to be around back then to understand the stupidity.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
What is needed is a kind of remake, based on today's technology. Not necessarily a revisit to the old storyline with its "MCP", but I bet they could come up with something good (then again, this is Hollywood we're talking about, the same folks who put together xXx..)

Neuromancer, if it's done right, could fit the bill, but I don't have faith that anyone could do it right.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
It's been years since I've seen it but bought the DVD release at costco last week..

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i watched the dvd special ed so i got to see the docs about all their technical innovation, but now that the fx no longer wow, all thats left is the story.

the horror.....

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Pi is exactly 3
Pi are not square. Pi are round. Cornbread are square.
rolleye.gif

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
Tron bites. I like War Games from that era:p

And Wargames is on now. Never liked it....but Tron is,

Best. Movie. Ever.

j/k, but it's alright :)

JC

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: AbsolutZero
I've grown 4078 times smarter since this thread started.

End of line.........

Yeah but why do I get the feeling you started out in negative territory? And yes for the slow ones that means you're just in greater negative region now.

As for Tron, meh it was a long time ago, get over it. Now as for modern movies, oh yeah they're great, like Zoolander, and its ilk. I hate that Gay Focker and every gay fockin movie he is in. Stiller is a retard.