The most outrageous Tax Day Protest Signs!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HGC

Dec 22, 1999
I hate it when people accuse me of being a republican.
So you won't give reasons for calling a woman a genetic defect, a moron, and a racist, and you won't give a reason for calling me against equality and a horrible person. And all Republicans are hypocrites.

prejudice: an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Many people who have nothing against gays are opposed to gay marriage. The argument for gay marriage is that people who love each other should be able to get married if they want.

No, that's not the argument at all. The argument is that if government has a role in recognizing and incentivizing the ideal conditions for society heterosexual marriage represents it should also incentivize the ideal conditions that homosexual marriage also represents. For heterosexuals it's about making the best environment for raising children. For homosexuals it's partly that as well, but mostly about reducing the spread of STDs.

Question: should Mormon and Muslim Americans be allowed legal polygamy? What about hippie families who want group marriage?

I hope you're not a bigoted polyphobe.

This is often touted by opponents of gay marriage; the "slippery slope" argument. The wheels come off of it, though, when it's considered against the "recognizing and incentivizing ideal conditions" premise I outlined above. Polygamy is not really an "ideal condition" for anything. It shouldn't be banned or restricted in any way, but it's not a condition that has a net-positive impact on society.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
I'll see your

and raise you a

1742.jpg
I call.

kill_bush.jpg

And raise you one.

bush_hitler.jpg

These photos are of empowered americans expressing their patriotism, not a bunch of teabagging right wing nutjobs. ;)

Last edited:

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Wanting a smaller government and less taxes is a reasonable position to take. However, it seems a growing minority of people that support that idea seem to have gone off the deep end. Too much outrage and it's being fanned by political entertainers like Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, etc.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I'm trying to figure out which Obama taxes the Tea Baggers are referencing.

The Tea Partiers (I don't use a derogatory sexual term like you did to refer to them)

Are not upset with what the tax rate is at this very moment. Unlike many, they're actually looking at the long term prospects for our country and are protesting against that.

They see that in just 10 years at the current pace, debt will rise to 90% of GDP. They see long term costs for entitlement programs spiraling out of control, and they're trying to put a stop to it NOW.

Sure, they could wait until we're totally F'ed, but by then it would be to late.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Rush has gotten fat again, he'd lost most of that weight, but it's back!

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Nice try by CsG to claim that some nazi at a teaparty is a liberal though...

If MSNBC had "reported" on this guy instead of the Tea Party people the loony left would have a hard on for months foaming at the mouth about how racism, and Nazi the Tea Party is.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
some were bad. taxes=slavery? yeah thats a reach.

some are kinda cleaver.

when I am taxed to pay for another American's wants, e.g. to own a house he can't afford, to receive health insurance without having to pay for it, etc, then that is indeed slavery.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The Tea Partiers (I don't use a derogatory sexual term like you did to refer to them)

Are not upset with what the tax rate is at this very moment. Unlike many, they're actually looking at the long term prospects for our country and are protesting against that.

...and finally finding their voices after a black man was elected and more importantly NOT finding their voices when a rich white man was running the country into the ground which set into motion this 10 years down the line invisible clock you mentioned. Yep, nothing to see out of place here.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Crimson.jpg

As an outsider I don't really get this - is he saying he want to kill Obama, all black people, or just everyone who votes for the other party?

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
when I am taxed to pay for another American's wants, e.g. to own a house he can't afford, to receive health insurance without having to pay for it, etc, then that is indeed slavery.

Errr... nooo...

Try a dictionary.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
As an outsider I don't really get this - is he saying he want to kill Obama, all black people, or just everyone who votes for the other party?

When voting doesn't stop a tyrannical government the 2nd amendment means your "vote" is your weapon used to stop tyranny.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
When voting doesn't stop a tyrannical government the 2nd amendment means your "vote" is your weapon used to stop tyranny.

So just Obama then? Gotcha. But isn't it illegal to threaten to kill the President?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
So just Obama then? Gotcha. But isn't it illegal to threaten to kill the President?

That picture doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Obama, and was around LONG before Obama being president was a thought in his head.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
That picture doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Obama, and was around LONG before Obama being president was a thought in his head.

So it _is_ just Democrats in general? I'm just trying to get my head around it. There's not many places in the world where saying 'if you vote for the other party we will kill you all' is considered a normal campaigning strategy. Zimbabwe possibly.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So it _is_ just Democrats in general? I'm just trying to get my head around it. There's not many places in the world where saying 'if you vote for the other party we will kill you all' is considered a normal campaigning strategy. Zimbabwe possibly.

I already explained it to you and it has nothing to do with a party or person.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

You're kind of stupid aren't you?