The Most Bullied Person in the World Self Award Goes To...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If she were, what would it matter to you? Why do you need to attack someone for their sexual background? When conservatives try and shame people for what they think is immoral, its wrong. Why is it not wrong when you do it? Can you just point out the other things, and leave her sexual background out of it?

He didnt really attack her about that, just described her behaviour. Whether you thing that behaviour is a negative is a judgement call you are making.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
He didnt really attack her about that, just described her behaviour. Whether you thing that behaviour is a negative is a judgement call you are making.

Why did he not describe all of her traits if he was just listing them off then? That is a silly argument to make.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why did he not describe all of her traits if he was just listing them off then? That is a silly argument to make.
Because the most well known thing about her is who shes married to. Now she could have married him because she found him astoundingly attractive but...

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Because the most well known thing about her is who shes married to. Now she could have married him because she found him astoundingly attractive but...

So, given the context of her being bullied, and someone coming in to slut-shame her, you find it to be an observation and not shaming.

I don't think that is reasonable or likely. I think he dislikes her and wanted to insult her and slut-shaming was one of the ways.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So, given the context of her being bullied, and someone coming in to slut-shame her, you find it to be an observation and not shaming.

I don't think that is reasonable or likely. I think he dislikes her and wanted to insult her and slut-shaming was one of the ways.
He called her a bimbo, you called her a slut. I'd say that shes certainly played the role of bimbo to an extent where its an arguably correct term to throw around.

We can discus her being bullied if you want but you seem to be off on this tangent.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
She must have picked up the tendency to use extreme hyperbole from her husband.

Reactions: KMFJD

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
He called her a bimbo, you called her a slut. I'd say that shes certainly played the role of bimbo to an extent where its an arguably correct term to throw around.

We can discus her being bullied if you want but you seem to be off on this tangent.

I did not call her a slut. I pointed out that a bimbo is someone that is a slut but is also dumb.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

I don't know that calling someone a bimbo is really slut shaming. I didn't know it even related to being a slut until you posted the definition.

Regardless there will be 10s of teenage suicides today that can be tied back to bullying and abuse, but this rich, powerful, wealthy, white woman thinks she is the ultimate victim. There will also be many adult heart attacks today due stress from bullying and abuse in the workplace, but this delicate flower is the worst off in the world. Give me a break.

Republican crybabies are quickly becoming much more annoying than internet SJWs. She also brought a lot of it on herself wearing that stupid jacket down to the border. I have a feeling she is really a bully herself and she is pissed people are now giving it back to her.

Reactions: KMFJD

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I don't know that calling someone a bimbo is really slut shaming. I didn't know it even related to being a slut until you posted the definition.

Regardless there will be 10s of teenage suicides today that can be tied back to bullying and abuse, but this rich, powerful, wealthy, white woman thinks she is the ultimate victim. There will also be many adult heart attacks today due stress from bullying and abuse in the workplace, but this delicate flower is the worst off in the world. Give me a break.

Republican crybabies are quickly becoming much more annoying than internet SJWs. She also brought a lot of it on herself wearing that stupid jacket down to the border. I have a feeling she is really a bully herself and she is pissed people are now giving it back to her.

Republicans playing the victim is nothing new, and should be called out. I see no reason to link being wealthy with being bullied though. I'm sure we could find many wealthy people that committed suicide because of bullying. She still lives a great life for sure, but, calling her a bimbo seems petty and hypocritical and appears to be bullying someone.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I think that bimbo and slut are not interchangeable terms, certainly not in normal parlance anyway.

They are not interchangeable and I never said they were. One would be a subset of the other in this case as slut is embedded in the meaning of bimbo.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So is that your justification for slut-shaming? That some women take advantage of men, so you better slut-shame her?

You think men don't do it to women? You think men don't do it to men? You think women don't do it to women?

Gender and sexual orientation have nothing to do with it.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
She still lives a great life for sure, but, calling her a bimbo seems petty and hypocritical and appears to be bullying someone.

Bullying normally comes from a position of power. Just criticising someone doesn't really constitute bullying.

Reactions: Zorba

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
You think men don't do it to women? You think men don't do it to men? You think women don't do it to women?

Gender and sexual orientation have nothing to do with it.

So is your argument now that people are mean to each other, so you should get to be mean too? How very Republican of you.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Phew, good thing we didn't elect Hilary, might've gotten someone out of touch with reality.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Bullying normally comes from a position of power. Just criticising someone doesn't really constitute bullying.

Criticisms are not inherently bullying, but, can easily become bullying. Calling her a slut because she thinks she is bullied too much seems dumb.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

Do you not understand what you just quoted?

Ill explain it to you. You can call someone fat, or a fat jerk. A fat jerk is different than fat, as you are adding in more information. Slut has one meaning, and Bimbo has a meaning of dumb and slut in it. Thus, when he called her a bimbo, he called her a dumb slut. He did not just call her a slut, he called her something worse.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Again you are the one calling her a slut. She was called a bimbo.

I will post it again, because, you clearly do not know what a bimbo is.

Bimbo
- an attractive but empty-headed young woman, especially one perceived as a willing sex object.

Thus, Slut is part of the meaning of Bimbo, it just adds in dumb.