The most annoying trend in web design so far:

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Gmail's spam filter is so effective these days I'm no longer really bothered by this one.

If some idiot company wants to waste their resources sending a zillion
junk-emails to my spam folder in exchange for a discount I say have at it! (not like I'll ever even look at any of them)

:p

And does ANYONE EVER say "yes" to notifications on PC ?!? :confused:
Yes... lets hear it for Gmail's spam filtering. I don't think I have had spam hit my inbox in a long time, like months and months.

A month or so back, it was filling with a tsunami of Trump spam and his supporters begging for money... like a dozen+ a day. Now, just the normal run-of-the-mill spam.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You can tell your mom a VPN is hardly necessary:
The same is true for saying you should change your passwords every 30 - 60 days. NO, that is just an old wives tale from some guy that "thought" it would protect you. That long-standing rules was merely some guy's hunch that it would protect you, when in fact it causes people to make less secure passwords.

What is imperative is that every password needs to be unique from all your other passwords, and that requires a password manager.

If you happen to have an account on a site for some company that doesn't know what the fuck they are doing, (looking at you SONY), and they were hacked and hundreds of thousands of passwords were downloaded, in clear text by the way, then that password being unique only to that site is what protects you.

I just popped up my password manager, Bitwarden, and created a password as an example. "WdRH2zedA2NSxT". It's unique as it will only be used for demo purposes. Do that for every account you have... be it just a forum you seldom visit or your financial accounts.

Last edited:

smithes44

May 31, 2022
I hate that the websites are becoming more and more complicated. I think its a problem. The best design - is a simple design. However, not everybody understands that. Lately, I've been ordering designs from different guys, and not all of them were giving me some good web design solutions. That's why I decided that I will always work only with professionals, like https://masterbundles.com/ for example. I'm not trying to promote them, I am just very satisfied with the quality of their work

Last edited: