The Mars Mystery: The Secret Connection

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Link

Now, listen for a moment. :p The 'Face' on Mars was merely a trick of light and shadow, as evidenced by further photographs of the same area.

But, if NASA were to make the claim that Mars once supported a population, would it spur public opinion towards space exploration, and motivate Congress to increase the funding for such space exploration?

Discuss.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
It is utterly pathetic that we went to the moon almost 40 years ago, and we still don't have a base there. Let's do that first.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
If NASA made the claim that Mars likely supported a 'humanoid' population, with photographs that could be interpretted as ruins and such, would it motivate people to want to go there?

Lets face facts, most of America, and likely the world, has about zero interest in space exploration.

ArchCenturion

Aug 6, 2006
I've always thought that we should finish up exploring earth, before we move onto the "Final Frontier." I would recommend digging to the core, or makeing a ship that can survive the pressure down at the bottom of those marianas trenches.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
I'm all for a vast conspiracy perpetuating a lie that mars once supported a humanoid species in order to increase funding for mars exploration. :evil:

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: everman
I'm all for a vast conspiracy perpetuating a lie that mars once supported a humanoid species in order to increase funding for mars exploration. :evil:

Finally, someone agrees with me. :p