The many faces of Keanu Reeves

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus
I generally like him and the movies he does. He never really does a bad job playing his character because I feel most movies that he stars in are written specifically for him.

I also liked Constantine a lot, I know it's not a great movie but I enjoyed it.

Same here...he doesn't have a lot of emotional range, but he generally fits the roles he's cast in. It works for some people, like Nick Cage. I like other actors who do various roles too like Tom Hanks, but I do like Keanu in a lot of movies.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: n7
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
I think his personal life has left him fairly emotionless. He's been through some rough stuff with his sister, his girlfriend and kid.

Yeah, effed up childhood. Father abandoned his family at age 3, mother went through four marriages, he switch high schools four times...

Then after 1999 his girlfriend has a stillborn child and gets killed in a car wreck two years later.

I can see why he might not smile much.

Sheesh...

That's a bit more than normal harsh.

And one of his sisters is dying of a disease. Also, he was really close friends with River Phoenix.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I still think his best performance to date was in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.