The Manufacturers Petition the FDA to Change Chocolate

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: sixone
This proposal is just another way for manufacturers to prey on the general stupidity of John Q. Public.

If John Q. Public doesn't like the taste of this fake chocolate, wouldn't he buy something else the next time?

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs
I'm not worried, I only buy the most expensive chocolate I can find

/sips tea with pinky extended.

Sorry, but if you mess with the current FDA rules those two teeny tiny pieces of chocolate that now cost 17.50 will soon cost much, much more. Leave well enough alone, the current laws/rules are fine and do not need to be messed with.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sixone
This proposal is just another way for manufacturers to prey on the general stupidity of John Q. Public.
</end quote></div>

If John Q. Public doesn't like the taste of this fake chocolate, wouldn't he buy something else the next time?

The point is: manufacturers can make what ever they want, but only select ingredients combined together can be called chocolate. If this passes, they could potentially take grass clippings and coco and call it chocolate. But under current law that is not allowed and it must be called chocolaty. Basically they want to do away with the term chocolaty. The consequenses of this will be: confusion, lowered standards (liberals love that), and inflated prices.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
You need to stop bumping this sh!tty thread. Of all the bad things happening in the world today, this should be pretty far down the list for things to "Take Action" about.

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003
i don't eat much chocolate to begin with so i could care less. maybe this will help fat ppl eating less chocolate, then they won't overuse our health care system, and health care will be more affordable for me. therefore, i am all for it. hey, its not my bull getting gored, lawls. they should also put a humoungous tax on chocolate, so that will prevent fatty from eating it. the tax money should then be used for advertisements to eat right and excersice. btw, im a smoker.

Aquila76

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by: jjyiz28
i don't eat much chocolate to begin with so i could care less. maybe this will help fat ppl eating less chocolate, then they won't overuse our health care system, and health care will be more affordable for me. therefore, i am all for it. hey, its not my bull getting gored, lawls. they should also put a humoungous tax on chocolate, so that will prevent fatty from eating it. the tax money should then be used for advertisements to eat right and excersice. btw, im a smoker.

Your sarcasm is not lost on me; but, letting the manufacturer's FDA petition pass would actually make those fat people FATTER as the healthy cocoa and cocoa butters will be replaced with cheaper and worse-for-you fats/sugars. Similar to how cigarettes are stuffed with more nicotine and other poisons then ever before, but less tobacco.

As a side note, "where all the ATOT women at"? I would think they'd be beating the hell out of this thread by now.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
that petition website has expired?

never mind. expired on the 26th...

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: TallBill
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad

link?</end quote></div>

Looking for it. Don't think I read it on Anandtech.

http://www.dallasfood.org/modu...ws&file=article&sid=78

Its a LONG read, but well worth it. About 90% of what you are paying for with Noka is the packaging which isn't even that amazing.

Thanks. It just goes to show how some people think with out any logic or experience.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
To make some "apples to oranges" comparisons, Noka chocolates cost more than:

Foie gras -- $50 per pound
Domestic sturgeon caviar -- $275 per pound
American Wagyu and Japanese Kobe beef -- $100 to $300 per pound
Sterling silver -- $170 per pound
Marijuana in El Paso -- $350 per pound
A fat stack of dollar bills -- $454 per pound

:laugh: :D

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have any of those over a pound of Noka Chocolate.

I bet their slogan is-
  • Noka: The Bose of Chocolate.