The LG 43LH604V 43 inch full hd televison.

May 11, 2008
I recently bought this television : LG 43LH604V

03_FHD_Feature_webOS3.0.jpg

This tv has been released in 2016. It has webos 3.0 and the triple xd display engine.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43LH604V

I am really happy with it. I am a bit difficult when it comes to flatscreen image. But this tv is perfect. It also works perfect with my setup :
GA-F2A75M-HD2 + AMD A10 A6700.
My monitor is connected to the dvi port and the tv to the hdmi port.
At default, on the motherboard the hdmi port is the primary video output and the dvi port the secondary video output. When i connected both, i only had image on my tv for a moment. But that is easy adjustable in the catalyst center. Now my led monitor is the default primary video output. Both my monitor and tv are full hd. That makes it easy to clone the image to both displays at once.

As a remote, i use a logitech K400 wireless keyboard.
I just sit on the couch and i can do some quick looking up on the internet before i start netflix. :)

I connected it to the pc and i cloned my desktop. Now i use my pc as a home theater as well. In the case that i need to do some work on the pc and i need to display a movie, the tv has netflix as well. And several other streaming services that differ from country to country. Setting up the tv is really easy. I connected it through wired internet but has wifi as well.

I still have to connect my dvd player to it and see how the component image quality is. And my old N64 console to the composite input.

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
I tested with N64 and dvd player and it works.

I have an old but functional dvd player that is region free, so i can play all my purchased dvd discs (from several regions). Unfortunately, it does not have a hdmi output. It does have rgb out but the 43LH604V does not have rgb in. It has only has three component inputs / composite video in.
I am looking for a rgb + sync to component converter and found a partial schematic of a circuit that does so at the linear website. That will help me out.
But maybe i can find somewhere a not to expensive rgb+sync to component converter.
Another route is rgb to hdmi, but there are several ready to buy and use converters and some are of questionable quality. Difficult to find proper reviews.
So, for now my dvd is connected to the composite video input and the 43LH604V is good at converting and upscaling analog composite video. I did not see any artifacts and although there is a quality difference between hdmi 1080p and analog composite in, this is purely because of the analog composite signal it self. The 43LH604V does a great job.

I am very happy with my purchase.

The N64 also works great. I have it also connected to the composite input of the 43LH604V. The 43LH604V has only one analog composite input , so i use a switchbox i had laying around to switch between dvd and N64.

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
The 43LH604V has :

3 hdmi inputs.

2 usb inputs.

analog component /composite input (shared pin).
L+R audio input.

wired ethernet input.
wifi.

digital audio out(optical)
analog headphones out.

Last edited:

slashbinslashbash

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
There are a number of AV receivers that will up-convert both RGB and Composite into HDMI, so you will only need 1 cable running into the TV and you can use the receiver as a switch.

May 11, 2008
There are a number of AV receivers that will up-convert both RGB and Composite into HDMI, so you will only need 1 cable running into the TV and you can use the receiver as a switch.

Very good solution. :thumbsup:

But i have already chosen this amplifier : Yamaha AS-201.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Still wondering what is so special about it. -_-

I just got the toshiba 49L420USKU last week. great price for a great looking 49". No fancy features but they are mostly BS anyways. Hooked up to a Gigabyte Brix to handle online video playback and web.

UnitedAs1

Nov 27, 2016
Hi sorry for bumping a old thread, I'm hoping someone from the UK who has this TV can confirm to me what apps this has? Basically 'm looking for BBC Iplayer, ITV player, 4 and 5 on demand and netflix.

Thanks in advanced :)