The left's despicable rule: Criticisms of Obama are racist

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
heaven:

Stracciatella.jpg

I dont eat that :D

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
So just what is your reasoning when people only use a person's full name when referring to Obama? And never use anyone else's full name? You know, like Palin, Romney, Paul, Ryan, McCain, etc.......

You are the one claiming it isn't racist, so where is your proof?

How do you prove that something isn't racist?

I can make the claim that Chicago, golf and angry aren't racist, but how can I prove it?

When I say that Obama played more golf in his first year as president then G. Bush did in 8 years. Nothing racist intended, but some critics of conservatives have labeled it as a "racist" comment.
http://www.nationalreview.com/media-blog/315378/saying-potus-likes-golf-now-racist-greg-pollowitz

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

I can make the claim that Chicago, golf and angry aren't racist, but how can I prove it?

When I say that Obama played more golf in his first year as president then G. Bush did in 8 years. Nothing racist intended, but some critics of conservatives have labeled it as a "racist" comment.
http://www.nationalreview.com/media-blog/315378/saying-potus-likes-golf-now-racist-greg-pollowitz

And again your article fails to prove that the left wing pundit was calling anyone racist.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
And again your article fails to prove that the left wing pundit was calling anyone racist.

So if I can find a left wing pundit or a Democrat politician that says that "golf" or "dead" or "angry" is a racist term you'll admit i'm right and you're wrong ?

You know just to get what you want in terms of proof out of the way so you don't move the goalposts later.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
So if I can find a left wing pundit or a Democrat politician that says that "golf" or "dead" or "angry" is a racist term you'll admit i'm right and you're wrong ?

You know just to get what you want in terms of proof out of the way so you don't move the goalposts later.

Yes, nothing you have presented so far has shown that.
Just some right wing pundits being pissy at left wing pundits over nothing.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Thank you.
You have, so far, 1 item of the 4 you posted, with a single, actual, left wing pundit saying something Romney said was racist and even that was semi-indirect (btw, is n**rization even a word?). And It only took you three days to do it.
If that is the best track record you can up with the whole thing seems like bunch of sound and fury over very little, just a bunch of butthurt from both sides.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Thank you.
You have, so far, 1 item of the 4 you posted, with a single, actual, left wing pundit saying something Romney said was racist and even that was semi-indirect (btw, is n**rization even a word?). And It only took you three days to do it.
If that is the best track record you can up with the whole thing seems like bunch of sound and fury over very little, just a bunch of butthurt from both sides.

There's more, but the point of the article was made that in some cases the whole racial "code words" are over blown and over used. Sometimes a criticism of Obama playing too much golf or being angry or being a politician from Chicago is nothing but a valid criticism that can be made against any politician regardless of race or party. It's not a racist attack, it's a slam on a partisan politician.
I sure as hell am not saying that there isn't racism in this country or in this world, anyone that has their eyes open sees it, but not everything is a racist attack.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
There's more, but the point of the article was made that in some cases the whole racial "code words" are over blown and over used. Sometimes a criticism of Obama playing too much golf or being angry or being a politician from Chicago is nothing but a valid criticism that can be made against any politician regardless of race or party. It's not a racist attack, it's a slam on a partisan politician.
I sure as hell am not saying that there isn't racism in this country or in this world, anyone that has their eyes open sees it, but not everything is a racist attack.

The title of your thread is "The left's despicable RULE: Criticisms of Obama are racist."

"Rule" means 100%. It means this is what the left ALWAYS says. But now you're telling us that you can find EXAMPLES of the left characterizing criticism as racism. How does one or a few examples prove that this is a RULE?

Either prove that this is what liberals always do, or change the thread title to an honest one.

Edit: Here's an example of an HONEST thread title:

"Left sometimes characterizes valid criticism of Obama as racism."

But I guess that thread title wouldn't be trollish enough for you.

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
No it doesn't, Rule does not mean 100%.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rule

a : a prescribed guide for conduct or action
b : the laws or regulations prescribed by the founder of a religious order for observance by its members
c : an accepted procedure, custom, or habit
d (1) a usually written order or direction made by a court regulating court practice or the action of parties (2) : a legal precept or doctrine
e : a regulation or bylaw governing procedure or controlling conduct
a (1) : a usually valid generalization (2) : a generally prevailing quality, state, or mode <fair weather was the rule yesterday &#8212; New York Times>
b : a standard of judgment : criterion
c : a regulating principle
d : a determinate method for performing a mathematical operation and obtaining a certain result
a : the exercise of authority or control : dominion
b : a period during which a specified ruler or government exercises control
a : a strip of material marked off in units used especially for measuring : ruler 3, tape measure
b : a metal strip with a type-high face that prints a linear design; also : a linear design produced by or as if by such a strip

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
No it doesn't, Rule does not mean 100%.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rule

a : a prescribed guide for conduct or action
b : the laws or regulations prescribed by the founder of a religious order for observance by its members
c : an accepted procedure, custom, or habit
d (1) a usually written order or direction made by a court regulating court practice or the action of parties (2) : a legal precept or doctrine
e : a regulation or bylaw governing procedure or controlling conduct
a (1) : a usually valid generalization (2) : a generally prevailing quality, state, or mode <fair weather was the rule yesterday — New York Times>
b : a standard of judgment : criterion
c : a regulating principle
d : a determinate method for performing a mathematical operation and obtaining a certain result
a : the exercise of authority or control : dominion
b : a period during which a specified ruler or government exercises control
a : a strip of material marked off in units used especially for measuring : ruler 3, tape measure
b : a metal strip with a type-high face that prints a linear design; also : a linear design produced by or as if by such a strip

Okay then, I'll agree to go along with your relaxed definition rather than the one I've bolded.

So you're claim is that liberals USUALLY respond to criticisms of Obama by labeling the criticism as "racist?" So, if we look at, say, 10 different criticisms of Obama we'll see a liberal response of "racism!" at least 7 or 8 times? Is this what you're claiming?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Okay then, I'll agree to go along with your relaxed definition rather than the one I've bolded.

So you're claim is that liberals USUALLY respond to criticisms of Obama by labeling the criticism as "racist?" So, if we look at, say, 10 different criticisms of Obama we'll see a liberal response of "racism!" at least 7 or 8 times? Is this what you're claiming?

You made a claim, I proved your wrong and now you want to nit pick and redefine. Knock yourself out.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
You made a claim, I proved your wrong and now you want to nit pick and redefine. Knock yourself out.

No. I'm demonstrating that your thread title is dishonest. I'm giving you the definition of "RULE" that you say you want. But I'm holding you to your own definition. The fact that we've relaxed "RULE" to mean "usually" from "100%" doesn't get you off the hook. According to you, liberals USUALLY respond to criticism of Obama by calling the criticism racist.

Now, I've racked my brain and here are four major, recent criticisms of Obama made by Romney:

• "You didn't build that" criticism
  • Obama apologized for American values after embassy attack.
  • Didn't keep his promise about keeping auto plant open.
  • Americans are worse off now than when Obama took office.

Please show us responses to these criticisms where liberals say they're racist.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
So we're debating what "rule" means now? Looks like we're slipping into cyberasge semantics territory now...

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

Again, given that a certain group of people calls NO OTHER President or Presidential candidate by by their full name, but routinely calls Obama by his full name, what do you say that is?

Come on, you going to claim it's done by accident? LOL

What is your reasoning to say it isn't racist?

Quick google search shows here on our forums:

"Barack Hussein Obama" - 1270 hits
"Sarah Louise Palin" - 8
"Willard Mitt Romney" 148
"John Sidney McCain" 60

So people here use Obama's middle name 10 times more then anyone else. Gee I wonder why? And reading the posts linked to using his name are pretty much all derogatory, usually of the "Muslim born in Kenya" complaints.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Again, given that a certain group of people calls NO OTHER President or Presidential candidate by by their full name, but routinely calls Obama by his full name, what do you say that is?

Come on, you going to claim it's done by accident? LOL

What is your reasoning to say it isn't racist?

Quick google search shows here on our forums:

"Barack Hussein Obama" - 1270 hits
"Sarah Louise Palin" - 8
"Willard Mitt Romney" 148
"John Sidney McCain" 60

So people here use Obama's middle name 10 times more then anyone else. Gee I wonder why? And reading the posts linked to using his name are pretty much all derogatory, usually of the "Muslim born in Kenya" complaints.

Did you check "Dubya" ? I know that redneck or ignorant isn't a race, but then neither is Muslim. How about "mittens"? Even Zinfamous admitted that "Hussein" isn't specifically a racist innuendo.......Even zinfamous.

So it's just another smear attempt saying that using Obama's whole name is racist.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

"We’re sick and tired of being depressed and full of despair and thinking that our country is gone for good."

Who is the "we" and "our" whose country this is ?

Who is the person whose "outside" whoever "we" are ? And why isn't he one of us ?

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Did you check "Dubya" ? I know that redneck or ignorant isn't a race, but then neither is Muslim. How about "mittens"? Even Zinfamous admitted that "Hussein" isn't specifically a racist innuendo.......Even zinfamous.

So it's just another smear attempt saying that using Obama's whole name is racist.

I concede that "Dubya" is a jab at his intelligence (or lack of). I also believe that the "Hussien" references are usually meant to whip up xenophobia.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
"We’re sick and tired of being depressed and full of despair and thinking that our country is gone for good."

Who is the "we" and "our" whose country this is ?

Who is the person whose "outside" whoever "we" are ? And why isn't he one of us ?

You know...Real Americans! ;)

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How many pundits and people speak fondly of Bill Clinton..but think Barak "Hussein" Obama is trying to destroy America ?

They are both doing the same things for the same reasons, as a long time Democrat I can assure you that's the case. Both are middle of the road moderate Democrats.

Why the different reaction ?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

So again, you have no reason why certain people always use Hussein, but never mention anyone else's middle name. Gotcha. Troll on, since you basically are admitting you have nothing, which isn't surprising.

So I guess you will start calling Romney Willard, just to be accurate, right?