The lawyers come in, and the band plays on....

Jazar

Mar 27, 2000
With all the layers of confusion in Florida's voting system, both the democrats and the republicans have begun to send their lawyers in to find any cracks in the system that can be used to their advantage. Say the recount announces Bush as the winner. The democrats could persue the "confusing ballot" angle. Say the recount announces Gore as the winner. The republicans could very well go after many other "razor-thin" states that were given to Gore and demand a recount on those states as well.

Bottom line, we'll be lucky if we see a new president before 2015. :p I'm sure Billy C. is happy about all of this though. ;)

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I also heard that in addition to Paid lawyers from either sides, many volunteer lawyers are flying down there too.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
All I know is that if Gore takes Florida, Mr Isla won't be speaking to me for 4 years or so....

:disgust::confused::Q

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
ISLA
and he shouldnt!

your from forida how was the elecion and what are people talking about?

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I am not a lawyer but I do watch a lot of Law and Order. The knowledge that I have gained from that show says that Bush won and the Clinton's, Albert Gore and Janet Reno should be exiled to a country far far away where I will never have to see or hear of them on TV.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
LOL, bigvince, this was the first time in 10 years I have dared to vote at all! And look what happened, I screwed everything up.

It's all my fault, I jinxed the whole state! Somebody needs to tell the laywers about this.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
ISLA-

<<All I know is that if Gore takes Florida, Mr Isla won't be speaking to me for 4 years or so....>>

Call me.