The lattest gallup poll makes me sad.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Latest polls on why people dislike candidates.

For Obama, "disagree with his views" comes in at a whopping 11% of the answers. Do you know what comes in at 12%? "Is a muslim". Fewer people are saying they will vote against him based on the issues then people who are saying they will vote against him based on made up insane crap that was debunked months ago.

This made me sad.

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
I just found this amusing...

For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

95% of the time, it's right 96% of the time.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: bbdub333

For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

Actually, from a statistical standpoint that is not what that is saying. It only means that with a high probability, the results have a margin of error of 4%; not that the results are correct 96% ofthe time.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
The 6% who wouldn't vote for Hillary because "the US isn't ready for a woman president" are just as bad as those who wouldn't vote for Obama because they think he's a Muslim.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I picked that option because they didn't have an option on the survey for "because he's Saddam's nephew" ;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Lonyo
The 6% who wouldn't vote for Hillary because "the US isn't ready for a woman president" are just as bad as those who wouldn't vote for Obama because they think he's a Muslim.

How's that? The people that won't vote for Hillary because she's a woman are just bigots. The people who won't vote for Obama because he's a "muslim" are bigots who are also so stupid as to believe that he's a muslim in the first place.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Actually, the obama stat is still more sad because Hillary IS a woman, so at least that statement is feasible; while Obama is NOT a muslim, so the 12% who still think he is are just plain retarded...

but you're right, they're both sad... thankfully, if the trends follow historical precedent, most of the ignorant masses will be too lazy to vote, or too dumb to realize what day to do so...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: eskimospy

For Obama, "disagree with his views" comes in at a whopping 11% of the answers. Do you know what comes in at 12%? "Is a muslim". Fewer people are saying they will vote against him based on the issues then people who are saying they will vote against him based on made up insane crap that was debunked months ago.

This made me sad.

What do you mean he's not a muslim? Don't you remember all that talk about that anti-white and anti-american hate spewed by his mentor at the mosque he's been a member of for 20 years?

Unfortunately, even the stupid and ignorant of this country have the right to vote and theirs counts the same as yours and mine. :(

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: dphantom
Originally posted by: bbdub333

Actually, from a statistical standpoint that is not what that is saying. It only means that with a high probability, the results have a margin of error of 4%; not that the results are correct 96% ofthe time.

100% of the time, you get pop-culture references 0% of the time.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000

not really buddy.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So if Hillary becomes president, will she decide who to bomb based on her Menstrual Cycle?

Just dont piss me off, Or I will bomb you . . . .

I just want to kill something because I am bloated and in pain . . . Pass the Midol or Die General!

This would make a good skit for Saturday Night Live.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: piasabird
So if Hillary becomes president, will she decide who to bomb based on her Menstrual Cycle?

I just want to kill something because I am bloated and in pain . . . Pass the Midol or Die General!

Hillary can't even tell if she's being shot at, how is she going to figure out whether or not we're being attacked.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: maziwanka

not really buddy.

I said just as bad.
There was no "I won't vote for Obama because he's black".
Religion arguably is an issue because of recent events, whether it should be or not, whereas race apparently isn't an issue, and sex shouldn't be an issue either.

People are idiots for believing Obama is a Muslim.
People are arguably not idiots for not wanting to vote for a Muslim given things that have been going on recently.
People are idiots for not wanting to vote for a woman because she's a woman.

One is based on misinformation and stupidity, and the other is based on bigotry and stupidity.

(Personally I have no problem with Muslims, but I can appreciate why some people would have in the current climate).

TallPilot

Sep 25, 2007

This made me sad.

It has NOT been debunked!

http://worldnetdaily.com/index...PAGE.view&pageId=60559

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

Doubt it. I think she's hit menopause by now.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I think 12% is a good number.

Frankly there are dumb people out there...and nothing you say or do can change that. I am surprised the number isn't higher.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

This made me sad.

Welcome to the cult of personality that is modern democracy. I'm only surprised this is surprising you.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: TallPilot

This made me sad.

It has NOT been debunked!

http://worldnetdaily.com/index...PAGE.view&pageId=60559

every 'fact' in that artile has been thoroughly and systematicly debunked. Try again.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: OrByte

Frankly there are dumb people out there...and nothing you say or do can change that. I am surprised the number isn't higher.

agreed. the dumb people are also present in the 23% who won't vote for McCain because "He is a republican"

I'm surprised that number is not higher as well.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001

At her age she's prob beyond the menstrual cycle. Now if Bill gave her a bad night she might be in a foul mood the next day :D

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
So much for the informed populace.

Like Churchill said, the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: OrByte

agreed. the dumb people are also present in the 23% who won't vote for McCain because "He is a republican"

I'm surprised that number is not higher as well.

Exactly wrong. Not voting for McCain because he's a Republican, when the Republican party represents so many *relevant* issues, is entirely different than religion and race.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
At least 39% got it right that he's inexperienced/unqualified.

Unlike our current president - or, we could consider experience a good thing, and that Cheney would be a fine president.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: senseamp
At least 39% got it right that he's inexperienced/unqualified.

Unlike our current president - or, we could consider experience a good thing, and that Cheney would be a fine president.

So you think we need to repeat the experience of last 8 years and elect another lightweight?